Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 6: November 2019 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Letizia at the XIX Concert "In Memoriam" Victims of Terrorism this evening:

** Full view ** gallery **

Last edited:
I oddly like the top. The whole look is simple and nice. The sleeves give a bit of texture/detail to a simple look.

For the official dinner in Andorra this evening, March 25, Queen Letizia wore her special combination by Spanish label The 2nd Skin Co again:

** gallery today ** October 2019 **

Letizia's outfit for the official dinner, I don't know if it's appropriate for the occasion...

Last edited:
I found Letizia's dinner outfit to be a headscratcher. I really love it for a night at the theater, but absolutely not for an official dinner.

I'm admittedly more liberal than some (I think strapless is fine as long as there is no cleavage), but I think the pants are much too casual for this event.

If she thought a full-length dress was too formal, she has many beautiful mid-length dresses that would have been more appropriate.

It looks like a business dinner, not a state dinner. Nowhere particularly grand, and without a dress code. Not even a trace of white-tie or grandeur, anywhere. It's obviously a relatively casual and low-key event in the middle of a pandemic, with other women wearing pants. I'm not prepared to fault Letizia for doing the same.

I'm not sure how things that are related and put the outfit in context are "off-topic".

Last edited:
The evening outfit is ridiculous for a state visit occasion. I don't mind pants but these are not even nice. The hair is sloppy too.

Pants or not, too casual or not, it's definitely an ugly outfit.

Yes, the outfit per se is not that bad but this was a State dinner even if a very business-like one.

It was fine for an evening at the theatre or Art exhibition but not for a State Visit was was Letizia thinking?

I have to agree with you. there are events for which the ensemble would have ben suitable, a dinner for a state visit, IMO, was not one of them.

I think it is a disgrace. She knew that the requirements of her job as a journalist were totally changed when she moved to anchor and she was spot on. The expectations for the Queen of Spain were higher still but she has disrespected the SRF with her 'I'll do wear whatever I want' behavior. But, to appear in such casual attire as one of the guests of honor during a State visit shows utter contempt for the host country or principality.

Letizia could have glammed it up a bit by wearing a diamond bangle or two as it was the 1st ever State visit to Andorra from Spain and the the first one in a long time from Spain.

Letizia totally misjudged the occasion and missed the mark,very poor outfit choice in my opinion.

For this occasion, if she were going to wear the top, she should have worn it with a long skirt, maybe ankle length. And a few more jewels would have been nice or at least larger earrings.

And the belt with the blazer from earlier in the day is not my favorite and I didn't care for the tank underneath.

After the 1st day and the red dress I was optimistic, now not so much.

Are we sure it was a state dinner? This outfit looked more fitting for a night out or perhaps a visit in the theatre. I'd never appear in anything like this at a semi-social, semi-work event and state occasions are Letizia's job.

Are we sure it was a state dinner? This outfit looked more fitting for a night out or perhaps a visit in the theatre. I'd never appear in anything like this at a semi-social, semi-work event and state occasions are Letizia's job.

The gallery of pictures calls it an Official Dinner. Doesn't matter if it's official or a state dinner. This look is cringe worthy.

Letzia despite being a working royal since 2004 can be quite clueless with her wardrobe choices for certain event and this is a perfect example.

Letizia looked great and judging by the other guests were neither under- or over-dressed for the dinner.

Letzia despite being a working royal since 2004 can be quite clueless with her wardrobe choices for certain event and this is a perfect example.

Seeing her wear something like this so close to Leonor's event brings up one of the things I find strange about Letizia missing the mark, fashion wise, on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I don't like the style of Leonor and Sofia's clothes, or the colour, or I don't think something flatters one or the other, but I don't think I've ever seen them wear something outright inappropriate. And it's certainly possible to dress children inappropriately, especially girls. So on some level Letizia must understand the concept of appropriate dress, and consider it important enough to make sure her daughters adhere to it. I don't understand why she doesn't see that the same rules that apply to her daughters should apply to her.

Because I don't think Letizia wears something like this thinking it's a good fit for the occasion. I think she knows it's way off base and doesn't care.

Seeing her wear something like this so close to Leonor's event brings up one of the things I find strange about Letizia missing the mark, fashion wise, on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I don't like the style of Leonor and Sofia's clothes, or the colour, or I don't think something flatters one or the other, but I don't think I've ever seen them wear something outright inappropriate. And it's certainly possible to dress children inappropriately, especially girls. So on some level Letizia must understand the concept of appropriate dress, and consider it important enough to make sure her daughters adhere to it. I don't understand why she doesn't see that the same rules that apply to her daughters should apply to her.

Because I don't think Letizia wears something like this thinking it's a good fit for the occasion. I think she knows it's way off base and doesn't care.

It was a scaled-down dinner in line with pandemic times. Having said that, Letizia has a very large wardrobe at her disposal, including plenty of coktail dresses. She has no shortage of jewelry either. Even if haute couture was not required for that event, she could have made a different wardrobe choice.

Letizia looked great and judging by the other guests were neither under- or over-dressed for the dinner.

She could have worn a skirt or cocktail dress the entire look was less than polished and she is the queen of Spain after all on a State visit not a night out at the theatre.

I´m really disappointed about Letizia's dinner look! I think its a nice look but definitely not for a dinner during a state visit. Letizia whole style always was less royal and more casual compared to other Princesses and Queens. But I think in her first 3 years as Queen she had a better balance between her casual modern and the classic royal style.

Her dinner look was very low key in every way! Yes we still have Corona but she really should wear bigger earrings or at least they should be visible IMO.

I agree with the critics of the dinner outfit; the men are in suits; so, it wasn't a diamonds-galore event. But, Queen Letizia's shoulders look huge in that getup. Simply, the outfit is unflattering.

Absolutely non suitable for a Queen, in any occasion, and absolutely nor flattering for Letizia herself.
I don't care for the strapless if it was in a dress. But this outfit is not made for her body, neither for any occasion, except maybe for a restaurant night out in Marbella during summer holidays.
A total miss.

Letizia likes provocation, maybe she thought it would be a good outfit to impress the Archbishop.

Not my cup of tea, but I do give her credit for wearing what she wants and apparently her husband, the King and quite knowledgeable about the press and critics, is perfectly OK with the look or it would not have happened. One never knows what goes on behind closed doors. Quite interesting. JMO

I agree with everyone. Totally inappropriate for the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom