Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 13: October 2018 - March 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine, but a little drab. I wish she had worn a brooch as well, but really, there's nothing much to critique.

The dress coat is fine for most occasions but it needed something extra for a State Visit ,so often Letizia misses the mark this is another one such moment.

The dress coat is lovely enough but the look lack of something,the result is bit of plain

She didnt change upon arrival - but I like this coat dress. It is elegant and simple and conservative. She is wearing stunning diamond earrings and I think she looks very much the stately Queen.

Very much the stately Queen? That is something I associate to being dignified, grand and formal in appearance. To have a slow pace coupled with a secure bearing. Letizia is not of all this, with her frêle appearance, and often grabbing her husband's hand or arm while having a tense look in her eyes.

A pearl collier, a brooch, a colour-breaking clutch or a pair of shoes (a hat or gloves are too much asked from Letizia) would have helped here.

Last edited:
A very elegant appearance today in Morocco. Conservative but with a modern touch and those earrings are perfect. A whole queen, Letizia.

She didnt change upon arrival - but I like this coat dress. It is elegant and simple and conservative. She is wearing stunning diamond earrings and I think she looks very much the stately Queen.

I love that Queen Letizia is wearing classic dresses and the length of her dress makes it look a true Queen, simple and classic.

Very dull due to lack of jewelry and mono color including the accessories, hair is most horrible for this occasion, very messy.

Letizia looks lovely. Very professional look. :flowers:

Her hair though is a bit of a mess.

She fits the event. While they were greeted at the airport, it was not a big official ceremony that calls for bling. If we look at the other women who were greeting them, they are dressed in a similar style. Professional modest in style business looks, no over the top bling.

That said I wouldn't have minded a brooch. But not all royal women like brooches. Letizia seems to be one. Brooches have to be done right, or they look old fashioned, not everyone's taste.

Letizia did not look like she was arriving on a State/Official visit ,if she doesn't like wearing brooches or jewels she could have done something better with her hair given it might be the only outbound Spanish visit this year.

Agree! Elegant and appropriate!!

Reminds me of a suit Letizia wore when meeting the Pope back in 2014,but she didn't wear the traditional white mantilla for that visit ;)

The white suit is very elegant today.

When I first saw the white suit instantly I thought the collar remained me of her engagement suit - what a piece to come out of the wardrobe 15years later

The white suit is the same Armani suit she wore in the official announcement of her engagement ... it is the first time she has worn it in 15 years.

https://i.blogs.es/43ea41/1366_2000/1366_2000.jpg

Since I'm not Spanish, the engagement interview was the first time I came to know of Letizia (like most royal watchers, I'm sure, since she and Felipe kept everything on the down low.)

I fell in love with her in that white suit. Then hearing how upset the press was because she was *GASP* in a pant suit? Oh, it made me love her even more.

I'm so happy to see it out again.

This is Letizia at her best. It's a gorgeous suit, and very appropriate for the occasion.

I agree, her arrival outfit could need a brooch or some colour(maybe purple) but her engagement suit looks just great. I really hope she will wear more of her "princess looks before 2008"

If that is true, well done, Letizia.

Yes, I agree. Although all of Letizia's family do not seem to ever have a weight problem, bravo that she can still fit beautifully into clothes that hung in her closet for 15 years after giving birth to two children. Princess Anne of UK is another that pulls out clothes over 25 years that she still can wear beautifully. Not a lot of women [or men] can actually say the same and look just as perfect as they did years ago. Impressive

Letizia wearing her iconic engagement suit? Perfection!

:previous: I agree. I think trouser suits are a very practical solution to many small obstacles in diplomacy on tour. All it took to be culturally sensitive was the addition of a long scarf.

That it seems to be her engagement ensemble is another plus.

Modern but still conservative. The added scarf for the visit. Perfect choice :flowers:

Amazing to see her in her engagement outfit after all these years.

Lovely elegant outfit on Letizia,is the red coat new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom