Queen Desideria (1777-1860)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Royal Palaces at its Instagram:

4 June 1811, from Queen Hedvig Elisabeth Charlotta's diary: Crown Princess Desideria leaves Sweden
"The Crown Princess's confidant, Mistress la Flotte, was accused of being responsible for the unreasonable decision to leave Sweden. She too was displeased here but was wise enough to hide her feelings better than the crown princess. On the last evening with the king before departure, the crown princess's cheerfulness was almost offensive. She showed unreservedly how happy she felt to return to. France. A proof of her great thoughtlessness is the following. Asked by the king when she intended to come back, she replied: "In the autumn, I hope", and added laughing, "but I must probably come all alone, because none of my servants will come with me if I am to be here in the winter." A impolite and pretentious statement! After the king's permission was obtained, it was only eight days until the departure on June 4. All preparations were made in good time! On that day, the crown princess's unpopularity reached its peak, at least among the Swedes who witnessed her parting from husband and son, because she parted from them without revealing the slightest loss, did not shed a tear when she said goodbye. The Crown Prince even seemed embarrassed by her behavior and said that he would be really angry if she wasn't back in October. She promised that, even though everyone knew that she had taken actions to spend the winter in Paris and not return until a year later."
Desideria only returned to Sweden in 1823 after a twelve-year absence.

The Coronation of queen Desideria in August 1829 was performed by Archbishop Carl von Rosenstein

Desideria_of_Sweden_coronation_1829_by_Fredric_Westin.jpg

Queen Desideria as shown on her coronation medallion wearing the Crown of the Queen.
lossy-page1-2560px-Framsida_av_medalj_med_bild_av_Desideria_i_profil_samt_text_-_Skoklosters_slott_-_99620.tif.jpg

Back
Top Bottom