Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The four button tiara looked lovely on Sofia. I think that might be "the one" for, in terms of tiara speaking... I was quite surprised she got access to the Bernadotte vault!

[.....] I was quite surprised she got access to the Bernadotte vault!

Why? Sofia is married to the former Crown Prince, the only royal Bernadotte to procreate the male lineage. Prince Carl Philip has as much access to the Bernadotte Foundation as his sisters. Even more: as only male successor to the King he was the benefactor of the Galliera Foundation (which includes capital, artworks and jewels) and he courteously agreed with an arrangement about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria.

Last edited:
Why? Sofia is married to the former Crown Prince, the only royal Bernadotte to procreate the male lineage. Prince Carl Philip has as much access to the Bernadotte Foundation as his sisters. Even more: as only male successor to the King he was the benefactor of the Galliera Foundation (which includes capital, artworks and jewels) and he courteously agreed with an arrangement about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria.

Because, after having seen that she sticked to her own tiaras on previous occasions, I thought she would wear it again yesterday evening, especially since she had just tried on a new tiara at the "more important" evening. That's all. But I compliment you for your pompous post:lol::flowers:

Pompous post? I thought it was an informative and neat post. Apparently we live on different stratospheres.

Pompous post? I thought it was an informative and neat post. Apparently we live on different stratospheres.

i enjoyed reading your post, it was informative. i didn't know the detail you mentioned. however, why is the male lineage given so much importance in the swedish family? it is not like victoria or madeleine won't procreate the Bernadotte line. and also, what are these 'arrangements about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria' that CP agreed to? i never heard about it, but if so, it is indeed courteous. [although i get the impression that CP is actually secretly happy to not be the heir...]

on sofia's jewelry though: many happy claps indeed of her wearing other tiaras of the vault! :) i am hoping we will see her wearing one of the more heavy duty ones at some point, but i know it won't be the case as some seem to be unofficially reserved to madeleine and victoria (my favourite ones being the laurel tiara, the modern fringe and the connaught - but they seem to be worn almost exclusively by victoria and madeleine respectively). i am hoping for the kokoshnik, the baden fringe tiara or the amethyst one!

i enjoyed reading your post, it was informative. i didn't know the detail you mentioned. however, why is the male lineage given so much importance in the swedish family? it is not like victoria or madeleine won't procreate the Bernadotte line. and also, what are these 'arrangements about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria' that CP agreed to? i never heard about it, but if so, it is indeed courteous. [although i get the impression that CP is actually secretly happy to not be the heir...]

on sofia's jewelry though: many happy claps indeed of her wearing other tiaras of the vault! :) i am hoping we will see her wearing one of the more heavy duty ones at some point, but i know it won't be the case as some seem to be unofficially reserved to madeleine and victoria (my favourite ones being the laurel tiara, the modern fringe and the connaught - but they seem to be worn almost exclusively by victoria and madeleine respectively). i am hoping for the kokoshnik, the baden fringe tiara or the amethyst one!

You will find when you read duc, not just Swedish males. All royal males. Victoria and Madeleine's kids are not true bernadottes. Some ,say find it pompous as duc implies Carl was robbed of his birth right, and has graviously agreed to let his sister have the royal foundation and art. Like it was any choice of his :whistling: I am sure duc will be happy to fill you in on how the lines have been tainted by allowing females to inherit.

As got tiaras, nothing unofficial about the laurel and modern. They are privately owned. The laurel by Victoria and the moden by the queen or possibly given to Madeleine for her wedding. The kokoshnik is also privately owned by the Kings sister.

The Baden fringe is just as unlikely. Though it has been leant to her aunts on a rare occasion, the tiara is intended yo be worn by the crown princess. Victoria of Baden wished the tiara to be mainly worn by the crisp princess. In the last few years we have seen it become Victoria's central tiara.

The ones she is likely to wear
-her own
-four and six button
-amathyst
-small cut steel
-possibly the large cut steel

If true, I was wondering if it was just a coincidence that that piece comes from Thailand, where Sofia has done the "modelling".... Well, the official version is that the emeral tiara was a wedding gift, so I'll stick to that.

If true, I was wondering if it was just a coincidence that that piece comes from Thailand, where Sofia has done the "modelling".... Well, the official version is that the emeral tiara was a wedding gift, so I'll stick to that.

What are you implying here? I'm afraid I don't understand your post.

You will find when you read duc, not just Swedish males. All royal males. Victoria and Madeleine's kids are not true bernadottes. Some ,say find it pompous as duc implies Carl was robbed of his birth right, and has graviously agreed to let his sister have the royal foundation and art. Like it was any choice of his :whistling: I am sure duc will be happy to fill you in on how the lines have been tainted by allowing females to inherit.

As got tiaras, nothing unofficial about the laurel and modern. They are privately owned. The laurel by Victoria and the moden by the queen or possibly given to Madeleine for her wedding. The kokoshnik is also privately owned by the Kings sister.

The Baden fringe is just as unlikely. Though it has been leant to her aunts on a rare occasion, the tiara is intended yo be worn by the crown princess. Victoria of Baden wished the tiara to be mainly worn by the crisp princess. In the last few years we have seen it become Victoria's central tiara.

The ones she is likely to wear
-her own
-four and six button
-amathyst
-small cut steel
-possibly the large cut steel

Both the Galliera Foundation as well the Bernadotte Foundation followed the male line succession, which was equal to the constitutional line of succession. You can jump high and low, to the moon for if you like. Fact was that both regulations needed to be changed and as Prince Carl Philip of Sweden was the direct assigned benefactor of both legal arrangements, his cooperation was needed.

Four years ago Svenska Dagbladet reported that Prince Carl Philip, the legal benefactor of the finances, artworks and jewels according the set rules, has made an arrangement and agreed by giving up his legal claim in favour of the monarchs successor rather than to the monarch's eldest son and successor, which he still is respectively was.

Last edited:
For some reason Swedes really like going to Thailand for vacation and it seems like from there close ties have developed between the countries. Carl Gustaf and Silvia did a state visit in 2003, they then did a second visit in early 2005 in response to the tsunami that hit Thailand in December 2004. It was billed as a gratitude tour to thank the Thai people for assisting Swedes who were in the country when the tsunami hit.

Four years ago Svenska Dagbladet reported that Prince Carl Philip, the legal benefactor of the finances, artworks and jewels according the set rules, has made an arrangement and agreed by giving up his legal claim in favour of the monarchs successor rather than to the monarch's eldest son and successor, which he still is respectively was.

Svenska Dagbladet's article told hat the king had decided that Victoria as the heir to the throne should inherit the so called Galliera Collection and applied for a change to Gallierafideikommisset. And that Carl Philip had agreed with the king's decision.
Kungen vill ta bort manlig arvsrätt _ SvD

:previous: the article says it was the king decision to change the succession rules for the foundation and carl philip agreed on the changes that his father decided .

Sorry- I guess I was hoping for an explanation which did not involve salacious connotations.

For some reason Swedes really like going to Thailand for vacation and it seems like from there close ties have developed between the countries. Carl Gustaf and Silvia did a state visit in 2003, they then did a second visit in early 2005 in response to the tsunami that hit Thailand in December 2004. It was billed as a gratitude tour to thank the Thai people for assisting Swedes who were in the country when the tsunami hit.

I just thought that maybe Sofia had some acquaintances there or was well-know. But I think that this explanation is more reasonable! I had forgotten about the tsunami. Now it all makes sense!

Sofia had three tiara appearances this year. Much better to last year, she wore 3 different tiaras. It makes me appreciate the Emerald tiara more.

Sofia had three tiara appearances this year. Much better to last year, she wore 3 different tiaras. It makes me appreciate the Emerald tiara more.

I love how opinions can differ so much - to me, seeing the other two tiaras just increases my feelings about how much I dislike the emerald tiara :D

I love how opinions can differ so much - to me, seeing the other two tiaras just increases my feelings about how much I dislike the emerald tiara :D

I'm just so happy to not see it ~again~ that I think the next time she wears it, I won't mind.

On the pic the replica looks quite convincing. But I'm still not overly fond of that design for a tiara. I'd like to see it as a necklace, though.

i enjoyed reading your post, it was informative. i didn't know the detail you mentioned. however, why is the male lineage given so much importance in the swedish family? it is not like victoria or madeleine won't procreate the Bernadotte line

It has nothing with Sweden specifically, but rather with the traditional rule according to which family names are recorded patrilineally. Using that criterion, Madeleine's children belong to the O'Neill family and Victoria's children would belong to the Westling family (if Daniel had not legally changed his last name to Bernadotte as he did). In fact, under the patrilineal rule, Carl Philip's children would be the only "Bernadottes" among King Carl Gustaf's grandchildren.

Note, however, that there are other descendants in male line of Jean Baptiste Bernadotte who also belong to the Bernadotte family, namely the descendants of the Bernadotte princes who lost their succession rights as a result of non-dynastic marriages, but those collateral branches of the dynasty have been excluded from the Royal House.

Sofia's headpiece was unsuitable for a day event and didn't suit well with her hairdo.

In the evening Sofia wore the amethyst tiara, which is too big to her little head, at least when it was so high on her head.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltbb43832_WatermarkPreview.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s04/1/3/L14876200401047802_9.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s04/1/3/L14876200401047802_6.jpg

The brooch Sofia was wearing seems to the the same Victoria wore in 2009, and it has also been seen on queen Silvia.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsx9598d9_WatermarkPreview.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom