Princess of Wales Undergoing Cancer Treatment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is wonderful news, I'm so glad for the entire Wales family that Catherine has reached this point in her treatment. Considering the relief and joy they must all be feeling, I think the video perfectly captures that, and it's lovely that she was willing to share something so emotional and personal with the public.

Fantastic news!!! Regarding the video... not really important now (in my opinion, of course), the most important thing is the good news that was shared. I am only going to note that they clearly like this type of material as this is not the first one. If I remember correctly they had something similar for a wedding anniversary a few years ago.

I think it’s the preferred communication tool for the modern social media driven world we live in today. They share what they want to share of their private life directly with the public. Work is an entirely different matter. As long as they don’t do this too often, I think it’s actually smart.

It’s impossible not to root for people whose priorities are so grounded in love, friendship, family, loyalty.
What a beautiful way to express what you saw, Chimene, and so absolutely true.

Wow, such a personal video, letting us into their life in a way that has never been done before. Showing such deep affection and love. In this era of cynicism, distrust and downright nastiness, it's a joy to see such positivity and closeness between family members, and the absolute love and trust between William and Catherine. It's quite astounding how much they have let us in to their private life, especially the moments between the couple.

I can understand the negative comments some people above have made about the video, because it is very well produced and directed to an inch of its life, a lot of thought has gone into it and it makes the 1969 royal documentary look like a lot of cardboard cut-outs. But let's take it as it was intended, full of hope for the future and the joy of seeing such a lovely family sharing their happiness and love with each other (and us).

Last edited:
May I speculate a bit? It’ seems Cathrine’s treatment was couple-months long. Is it normal to have such a long chemotherapy, especially if it’s a preventative one?

May I speculate a bit? It’ seems Cathrine’s treatment was couple-months long. Is it normal to have such a long chemotherapy, especially if it’s a preventative one?
We do not know any details and as no two patients are the same it is pointless and unhelpful to speculate. Just let us enjoy the news.

What a beautiful way to express what you saw, Chimene, and so absolutely true.

Wow, such a personal video, letting us into their life in a way that has never been done before. Showing such deep affection and love. In this era of cynicism, distrust and downright nastiness, it's a joy to see such positivity and closeness between family members, and the absolute love and trust between William and Catherine. It's quite astounding how much they have let us in to their private life, especially the moments between the couple.

I can understand the negative comments some people above have made about the video, because it is very well produced and directed to an inch of its life, a lot of thought has gone into it and it makes the 1969 royal documentary look like a lot of cardboard cut-outs. But let's take it as it was intended, full of hope for the future and the joy of seeing such a lovely family sharing their happiness and love with each other (and us).
I agree, well said @Chimene and @EllieCat.

What a beautiful video and what a delightful family! Blessings to them all.

Yes, it usually goes in two week cycles for several months
We don't know the specifics of Catherine's cancer so we have no idea what type of chemotherapy she had. For instance, one of the newer cancer treatments is called T-cell transfer where a patient's T cells (a type of immune cell) are changed in the laboratory so they will bind to cancer cells and kill them. This is very different than giving someone a pharmaceutical drug designed to kill cancer (and unfortunately also your own healthy cells). So...we don't know any details about Catherine's cancer other than she has completed treatment.

As someone who had renal cell carcinoma I can truly appreciate the Princess of Wales recent announcement video.

It’s a moving message and video. After the “Where’s Kate?” brouhaha before she revealed her diagnosis, I feel like this video was the answer to all that. Luckily it’s good news.
It strikes me that they’re a family more than anything else, a loving one, with very small children. How scary it must have been for them all to go through this. I do think it’s a well made video. The videographer must have been very good at putting everyone at ease.

Every time I see there's an update on this thread about Kate's health, I get nervous and hesitate to come inside the chat. I lost so many work friends to cancer, some around her age or even younger. I'm glad the chemo had a positive effect in her system and that she acted on this quickly to separate herself from the public and focus on her health.
I want to see her, in my lifetime, become queen consort and grandmother someday.

Last edited:
So glad she is done with chemo and seems to be on the up. I'm glad she has been able to take the summer to be with her family, which I suspect means the most to her.
Not that it matters but IMO the video was a little bit much, a bit over produced but hey, looks like they had fun making it and someone had fun trying out different effects in it.
I'm half guessing that the clips with the Middletons might be inside Adelaide Cottage in which case its nice to see inside it.

I think the video comes across as very sincere, and the genuine warmth between TRH Wales and the Middletons is very obvious. TRH The Prince and Princess of Wales have always stuck a good balance between their public and private lives, and I believe this video shows a good balance. I saw someone compare the video to one of those drug commercials that show people with a positive attitude after going through a tough time, so maybe that’s the point of this video as well.

It’s a moving message and video. After the “Where’s Kate?” brouhaha before she revealed her diagnosis, I feel like this video was the answer to all that. Luckily it’s good news.
It strikes me that they’re a family more than anything else, a loving one, with very small children. How scary it must have been for them all to go through this. I do think it’s a well made video. The videographer must have been very good at putting everyone at ease.
Will Warr is the videographer and has worked with the Wales family before. They seem very comfortable with him, I daresay they trust his undoubted skills.

I actually view it as a thank you from the family, they are a modern family using the modern tools of communication. Catherine wanted to thank people for their kindness and best wishes, a formal statement and photograph would have been alright but this actually delivers it's own message.

In the video was the interior of Adelaide Cottage or the interior of the house of Michael Middleton?

The standing ovation the Princess was greeted with at this years Wimbledon is standing testimony to the warmth and affection the general public have towards Catherine.
It must have been such an overwhelming moment.

We do not know any details and as no two patients are the same it is pointless and unhelpful to speculate. Just let us enjoy the news.

Of course we do not know any details and of course no two patients are the same. However, that does not mean there is no publicly available information about cancer and its treatments, and as the British royals themselves have said they hoped for, it is a positive thing to learn more about the subject - and asking questions and receiving answers helps to prevent the kind of "pointless and unhelpful" speculation you criticize.

Of course we do not know any details and of course no two patients are the same. However, that does not mean there is no publicly available information about cancer and its treatments, and as the British royals themselves have said they hoped for, it is a positive thing to learn more about the subject - and asking questions and receiving answers helps to prevent the kind of "pointless and unhelpful" speculation you criticize.
I think each person had a different degree of comfort in sharing their health situation and that it’s part of something to be respected.

I think each person had a different degree of comfort in sharing their health situation and that it’s part of something to be respected.

I was not commenting on the information shared or not shared by the royal family (I agree with what you say about that). I was commenting on the remark one poster in this thread made to another.

Yes it is important to learn about the subject, I would not deny that but to speculate on one individuals journey when we are unaware of any facts is not helpful. That was the point I was making, I do not have an issue with others sharing their personal experiences.

I'm pleased Princess' chemotherapy is over.

Not a fan of the video/movie/perfume advert. It is utterly cringeworthy. It's not everyday I agree with Liz Jones. However today I do.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals/article-13833307/LIZ-JONES-Kates-video-moving-feels-fear.html?ico=article_preview_xp_mobile
From the article: “It smacks of something Meghan and Harry might come up with: Hallmark, cringy, cliched. Not real or from the heart at all.”
Ouch!

I’ll just say this, people choose to announce their completion of chemo in a myriad of ways. Some do it quietly, some want to share it with others and will post it on social media. It’s all very personal. About a month after my brother finished chemo, we celebrated with a small gathering of family and friends. I would hate for people to accuse him of celebrating wrong.

Cancer is a horrendous disease and I’m not gonna critique how someone chooses to announce their completion of chemo (or remission). Catherine still has a long way to go, so if this video brought her (and her family) even a small moment of joy, then it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom