Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett: 31 August 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil

1723832968472.png

Norwegian Royal Arms

Welcome to the thread about the wedding of
Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Mr. Durek Verrett

Celebrated on August 31st 2024

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.

· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.

· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.

· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.

· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
For the free portion of Hello! Magazine's exclusive coverage of the wedding, including interviews with the couple, see:

Additional exclusive content may be accessed by subscription:

For information previously released about the wedding, see the couple's general news thread:

Last edited:

Laurentien and Constantijn have also arrived.

VG got somehow the program of the wedding and Nettavisen copied it to its website
Thursday
19.00: "Meet and greet" at Hotel 1904 in Ålesund.
21.00: Concert with surprises, the bride and groom ask the guests to put on their dancing shoes.

Friday
11.00: Luggage is transported to Geiranger.
12.30: The guests board two boats at Skateflukaia.
13.00 – 16.00: The boats depart from Ålesund to Geiranger, lunch is served on the boat.
16.30 – 17.00: Arrival in Geiranger, shuttle bus to the hotels.
17.00: Check-in and security check, snacks at the reception.
19.30: Welcome drinks at Hotel Union.
19.45: Welcome presentation.
22.30: Show start at Hotel Union.
03.00: The bar closes.

Saturday
08.00 – 11.00: Breakfast at the hotels.
09.00 – 13.00: Union Spa is open to all guests.
11.45 – 12.30: The guests walk the red carpet before the wedding.
13.00 – 14.00: Ceremony at Vinje farm.
14.30 – 16.30: Afternoon tea in the hotel garden.
17.30 – 18.30: Cocktails in the garden.
18.30 – 21.30: Gala dinner in the Geiranger Hall.
21.30 – 22.15: Break.
22.15 – 22.45: Cake ceremony.
22.45: Bridal waltz.
22.50: The party starts.
01.00: Light snack.
03.00: The bar closes.

Sunday
08.00 – 10.00: Breakfast.
10.00 – 13.00: Brunch with warm and cold dishes
13.00: Check out.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

VG updates live news

Some "sexy and cool" outfits

Artist Adrian Sellevoll was invited to the wedding, but then he was un-invited, taken off the guest list. Märtha Louise and Durek had to have more space for royals.
But suddenly there came so many cancellations that Märtha Louise and Durek invited Adrian Sellevoll again to the wedding, and he arrived to the party this evening.

Durek
Pic
Märtha Louise
Pic

Photos, Märtha Louise and Durek in their matching Hést -outfits, promoting Märtha Louise's own brand.

The "sexy and cool" party is at Hotel 1904 in Ålesund. Only about 110 meters away is the Scandic hotel Parken. Dagbladet writes that several of the guests probably live there while they are in Ålesund, before the wedding party moves to Geiranger. On the street outside the Scandic hotel, several of Dagbladet's reporters have noticed a strong smell of marijuana in the area. The police patrols haven't registered it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands at Martha-Louise and Durek Verrett's pre-wedding party:

Wow - no wonder ML is like she is.

Chased away the press​

At around 8.15pm, Carina Scheele Carlsen, Märtha's manager, came out on the stairs and asked the press to leave the area.

Those present, who probably hoped to see the future bride and groom, were told that Märtha and Durek would not come out.

- I'm the boss, said Carlsen.

Shortly after, the door was closed.

So I have to buy the next Hello! to see the guests sporting the 'sexy and cool' dresscode - cant wait :yuk:

Well, you can see the happy couple posing for Hello! in photos from this evening:
"They're one of a kind," Durek told HELLO! of the stylish bespoke outfits.

Hello!'s Instagram

I'm sorry, but they look ridiculous ...

According to Se og Hør, Mette-Marit did not appear at the evening's festivities. She was staying in the hotel room, at the same hotel as the party.

Last edited:
That wedding itinerary is making me tired just reading it. Not sure I'd have the energy to survive all that :)

We stayed in Alesund for three nights at the start of a motorcycle tour that took us all the way to the North Cape. It's a beautiful town. The setting is absolutely stunning. We were in the Scandic Parken, which was a very comfortable hotel.

This is perhaps the only time I’ve ever looked at a wedding and thought “calling the whole thing off last minute would probably be the less dramatic option in the long run.”

We understand that neither the wedding nor the bridal couple, nor the extravagant outfits will be to the liking of everybody.

Most guests are private people who tried their best to look nice. There is no reason why we should be nasty about them even when we do not like their outfits.

Perhaps we could all make an effort to be more creative and eloquent in our disapproval than simply throwing around insults. These will be deleted, as in line with TRF Rules.

Last edited:
Adrian Sellevoll: Does the wording in Norwegian imply that guests who already sent acceptances later reneged or that an unexpected number of invitees declined the invitation? Either way, I have trouble imagining the events that would logically lead to a supposed good friend being disinvited, supposedly to make room for more royals, and then reinvited.

The couple's Hest outfits: I wonder if wearing clothing covered with the princess's brand logo is a symbolic reply to the people who have criticized them for commercializing their wedding. But that is probably reading too much into it. Perhaps the idea being communicated that her brand is the quintessence of "sexy and cool".

The second day's party: Has Durek Verrett lived in Latin America or does he have special memories connected to the region? If not, then the theme seems a bit random for a Norwegian wedding, unless it was suggested by ¡Hola!/Hello! as a connection to their Latin American readership.

Se og Hør's editor-in-chief, Ulf Andre Andersen says the couple's deal with Hello! magazine is for about £75,000 / NOK1million - (about $98,700). Another editor suggests no more than £100,000.

"The price that the prospective bride and groom demanded was far higher"

Just of course! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I have a picture in my head of Dr Evil saying "One MILLION dollars" :ROFLMAO:

If this turns out to be a flop financially for them what next I wonder? The gin & chocolates for the wedding weren't doing that well last I heard. There don't appear to be crowds of gawkers lining the streets for a view, not yet anyway. How funny if it turns out to cost them more than they make.

Maybe since her first wedding was very formal she wanted her 2nd wedding to reflect their personalities and the guests to let their own free spiritness shine. To each his own but I will say some of their guests look like they are really enjoying themselves.

Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands at Martha-Louise and Durek Verrett's pre-wedding party:

From the look on Constantijn's face, I'm guessing Laurentien RSVP'd without consulting him first.

Well, you can see the happy couple posing for Hello! in photos from this evening:
"They're one of a kind," Durek told HELLO! of the stylish bespoke outfits.
"One of a kind?" Thank god for small favors!

That wedding itinerary is making me tired just reading it. Not sure I'd have the energy to survive all that :)
I liked the "break" built in. I think I'd be taking a lot more breaks to sneak off to my hotel room and watch TV for a few hours between "events."

Sweden will be representated by Crown Prince Couple, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

I have a picture in my head of Dr Evil saying "One MILLION dollars" :ROFLMAO:

If this turns out to be a flop financially for them what next I wonder? The gin & chocolates for the wedding weren't doing that well last I heard. There don't appear to be crowds of gawkers lining the streets for a view, not yet anyway. How funny if it turns out to cost them more than they make.
I understood that all the "guest's" were responsible for their own cost's ie accommodation etc , so they should still make some profit .

At this photo taken yesterday evening in Geiranger we see the wedding tent with lights on.
Pic

According to TV 2, Eurovision Song Contest winner Alexander Rybak was supposed to play at the wedding.
TV 2 has been in contact with the artist, who writes in an SMS:
- I don't have time to come to Norway, so I had to cancel. I think I'm missing something completely out of the ordinary.
Press and communications officer Simon Valvik:
- We would very much like to have Rybak here, but of course fully understand that it was not possible.

In its advertisement for "Hello! Royal Club", Hello! claims that they have spoken to the royal family, who have approved that they will receive exclusive photos, including of the wedding waltz.
The Palace's communications manager Guri Varpe in an email to Se og Hør.
- The Royal House has not been in dialogue with Hello. As we have communicated previously, members of the Royal House have reserved themselves from being photographed and filmed ...
Se og Hør's royal expert Caroline Vagle:
- Hello! claims that members of the royal family have agreed to allow readers to see exclusive photos. Of course they don't, it's completely shameless to claim something like that. I expect King Harald to sit down with Märtha and Durek after the wedding. There will probably be a strong showdown behind the doors. I don't rule out that he can remove the princess title.

Haakon and Mette-Marit were walking in Ålesund this morning
TT gallery

Haakon and Mette-Marit visited Skateflukaia, where the wedding guests will be transported from later today. Simon Valvik took a photo.
Pic

The British royal family will not be represented when Märtha Louise and Durek marry tomorrow.
This is stated by communications officer Torjus Roberg at the British embassy in Oslo, who has been in contact with the British royal house on behalf of NTB.
- Have now heard back from the palace, and no members of the British royal family will be present this weekend, writes Roberg on Friday morning.

The guests leaving the hotel, live:

"Geiranger is getting ready to welcome the wedding party for the Royal Wedding 🩷 We are honored that @iam_marthalouise and @shamandurek are getting married here in beautiful Geiranger, and the community is decorating the village to celebrate their love"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom