Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett: 31 August 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hand painted portraits of the newlyweds Still pinching myself a week after the most spectacular wedding So much love, joy & incredible energy with inspiring people from around the world in glorious scenery thank you for an unforgettable experience! didn’t get the chance to take a photo together at the wedding, so sharing this honorable moment of the portraits I painted when you first got engaged

"Celebrating all over the world... new beginning for the planet" sounds rather grandiose to put it mildly.🙄

Someone should introduce Durek to one Angela Brown, now HSH Princess Angela of Lichtenstein.

She successfully and with much dignity became a European princess as a Black woman a quarter century ago...long before anyone in Royal circles ever heard of DV.

It seems that the Swedish Royals had a similar agreement than King Harald, Queen Sonja, Haakon and Mette-Marit regarding Hello! and Netflix. They were taken by cars from the hotel to the wedding tent, they didn't walk from the hotel on the red carpet in front of the media to the bus like Constantijn and Laurentien. And they are not at the photos and videos published by Hello! and Hola! There was a photo of Constantijn and Laurentien hugging Märtha Louise and Durek after the wedding.

Märtha Louise showed yesterday at the premiere party for the Netflix series "Milliardærøya" her morning gift she got from Durek. She got the jewelry when she woke up after the wedding party.
Durek's gift to Märtha is a gold amulet, shaped like a knight's shield. The amulet is also set with rubies and diamonds, according to Durek.
The wedding monogram is the central element of the knight's shield. In a frame around the monogram, a number of small stones in the colors orange, pink and white have also been inserted. In the center of the monogram shines a bright pink stone, which is probably a light ruby. Märtha Louise's daughters also received similar jewelery. The jewelery is made by Joy Sangaland Smith, who made also the wedding rings.

Hello! published this video
"We take a look back at some of the incredible moments from the wedding of Norway's Princess Märtha and Durek Verrett. From the pre-wedding ceremony, waving at a royal yacht to the couple's impeccable salsa dancing and emotional vows, we take a look back at the incredible nuptials between the couple."

Fantastic dancing.

Here is a longer version video of the couple’s Salsa dance, and they are so good.

With the Bride middle-aged and the Groom not a completely well man, they still look like they own the floor and would dance all of us in to the dust.

(And great shoes on the Groom.)

Wishing them well.

Last edited:
My goodness indeed.

And Viking shield?!?
In a Scandinavian context this type of shield is from the 1300s.

Here is a better photo of Durek's morning gift to Märtha Louise:
Pic

At this photo we can see their wedding rings, Märtha Louise's engagement ring and Durek's gifts to Maud, Leah and Emma, the necklaces, which he gave after the wedding:
Pic

These are all designed by Joy Sangalang Smith.

Here is a better photo of Durek's morning gift to Märtha Louise:
Pic

At this photo we can see their wedding rings, Märtha Louise's engagement ring and Durek's gifts to Maud, Leah and Emma, the necklaces, which he gave after the wedding:
Pic

These are all designed by Joy Sangalang Smith.

Is it common in Norway to give expensive wedding gifts to the wife and stepdaughters? I've never heard of this before. The jewellery is too flashy for my taste, but that's just me.

Is it common in Norway to give expensive wedding gifts to the wife and stepdaughters? I've never heard of this before. The jewellery is too flashy for my taste, but that's just me.
Perhaps a Norwegian / Scandinavian can shed more light, but the morning gift is a tradition and jewelry is a common gift. Gifting step-children is not a tradition to my knowledge but it is not unheard of for a blended family to engage in these kinds of acts to recognize that the union goes beyond the couple.

When I first read about the gifts, I assumed it involved some kind of promotion of the jeweler, and I am not totally ruling it out but I am not seeing posts splashed across Durek's and ML's social media.

ETA:
OK, so Se og Hør has an article with pictures. My question was, "did Märtha Louise and Durek move on from Hello! to Se og Hør?" but Hello! wrote about the gifts a few days ago but the article is so sparse. I was confused until I got to this part, "[to] read the full exclusive and to see more photos" and recalled that Hello! was providing limited information to non-subscribers.

So the "promotion" is ML and Durek fulfilling their Hello! contract, plus the jeweler is promoting that she designed the jewelry on her social media which led to the Se og Hør article.

Last edited:
Hand painted portraits of the newlyweds Still pinching myself a week after the most spectacular wedding So much love, joy & incredible energy with inspiring people from around the world in glorious scenery thank you for an unforgettable experience! didn’t get the chance to take a photo together at the wedding, so sharing this honorable moment of the portraits I painted when you first got engaged
She has a tiara, and he has a halo on the paintings.

When oh when does this end? What an immense exaggerating staging of their happiness and marriage that is. I can't remember having seen anything like that before:(

Perhaps a Norwegian / Scandinavian can shed more light, but the morning gift is a tradition and jewelry is a common gift. Gifting step-children is not a tradition to my knowledge but it is not unheard of for a blended family to engage in these kinds of acts to recognize that the union goes beyond the couple.
As QC says it's traditional for the groom to give his bride a piece of jewellery for a gift on the morning after the wedding. In the olden days the royal and noble morning gifts often included land and properties to provide the bride with an income both during her marriage and in her widowhood.

Oh well, how nice. I didn't have the luck getting a piece of jewellery at my marriage, except the wedding rings. And I never heard that any of my family members got this at their wedding. Is it maybe a custom for royalty or nobles or is this customary for everybody in Scandinavian countries?

Oh well, how nice. I didn't have the luck getting a piece of jewellery at my marriage, except the wedding rings. And I never heard that any of my family members got this at their wedding. Is it maybe a custom for royalty or nobles or is this customary for everybody in Scandinavian countries?
Not everybody. No such thing for my parents for example, nor one of my sisters.
I did the morning after we got married, but that wasn't jewellery though. It was amber, which is tradition within my wife's family.

It's probably an American thing. It's not uncommon to give to give stepchildren presents. Some couples even go as far as incorporating a "uniting of the families" in the wedding ceremony itself. For ex. bride and groom and their children from previous relationships would each pour sand into one large glass vase to symbolize their becoming one unit.

Not everybody. No such thing for my parents for example, nor one of my sisters.
I did the morning after we got married, but that wasn't jewellery though. It was amber, which is tradition within my wife's family.
What a nice gesture. Amber is beautiful, when we were on our tour in the Baltic countries, we bougt a few amber peaces, because you have lots of amber selling stores there. I got an amber necklace as a gift from my husband (I could imagine that it was a very late wedding present) :) Just making fun, not being serious.

Back
Top Bottom