Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and Current Events Part 1: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What was she supposed to do now? Any thoughts of what this extension might mean for next steps?

New photos and information on the royal house website:

Last edited:
What was she supposed to do now? Any thoughts of what this extension might mean for next steps?
She is a combat engineer. That is an engineer who operates at the front or right behind the front. That could be in laying a pontoon bridge across a river. In my time we needed a battalion of combat troops to protect a company of combat engineers.
Specifically Ingrid is the gunner on a CV-90 Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV). Such a guy here: https://gagadget.com/media/post_big/Sweden-offers-its-CV90-vehicle-for-Slovakias-IFV-program.jpg
Her job is to use the heavy machine-cannon to take on and suppress enemy positions or enemy vehicles up to a few kilometers away, while the squad inside the IFV disembark or enter the IFV. Her job would also be to provide close support for infantry, again using the heavy firepower of the IFV to take on or suppress enemy positions. For very close support she will use the machine gun.
As I understand the article Ingrid is so fond of being in the engineers the she, along with the rest of her company, has opted to extend her stay. Which means a much more in depth training in both general skills but specifically in her current function as gunner.
As a gunner, she needs to be able to stay alert, react fast and if need be without orders, and crucially be able to spot and ID an often camouflaged target, which means she has to react fast, yet stay calm enough to actually hit the target.
Because friendly fire incidents are very frequent in close support and often that's down to a gunner shooting before checking.

So she appears to be thriving and being a part of a company with a high moral.

Last edited:
She will serve for 15 months in total now. Thank heavens. This is most likely to keep her away and protected from the s-storm going on.
Sverre has to be next.
As it says her company is all extending their service, would say it has nothing to do with family drama.

I don't see her family forcing her to stay in army and not college because of press. Can hide at college if needed.

Seems like her and her company have really taken to their training and dedicated to continuing. Nice to see she really is flourishing.And not simply getting by as its expected for her future role.

Given that she started in January, I assume they will stay on until March or April and if Ingrid’s plans are to go to college next, she’ll still have about 4-5 months in between.

I guess the NRF wanted som good press😝…And for sure did they take it to the right adress, what a natural in her TV interviews she is. She knows exactly what she wants to say and what she does not want to say(what she is doing next). The one reporter tried to get her to answer a question about the current situation in the family and she gave a natural answer that sounded not too rehearsed. She could teach her parents a thing or ten. The army must also be very happy with her interviews and extending her stay.
(..)
Interview to dagbladet

Last edited by a moderator:
She knows exactly what she wants to say and what she does not want to say(what she is doing next).
She's known how to do that since the minute she turned 18 (and so probably before that). Ingrid is formidable — I’ll say it again, and again, and again; it seems like all of the quality from her reigning ancestors (and maybe Sonja, too) that didn’t hit anyone else in the family landed on her.

And it’s very good to have the upper hand with the media and be composed and deft, but more than being smart, athletic, or gorgeous, it’s being tough she might have to rely on to get her through a lot.

Although maybe she already has.

She is a combat engineer. That is an engineer who operates at the front or right behind the front. That could be in laying a pontoon bridge across a river. In my time we needed a battalion of combat troops to protect a company of combat engineers.
Specifically Ingrid is the gunner on a CV-90 Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV). Such a guy here: https://gagadget.com/media/post_big/Sweden-offers-its-CV90-vehicle-for-Slovakias-IFV-program.jpg
Her job is to use the heavy machine-cannon to take on and suppress enemy positions or enemy vehicles up to a few kilometers away, while the squad inside the IFV disembark or enter the IFV. Her job would also be to provide close support for infantry, again using the heavy firepower of the IFV to take on or suppress enemy positions. For very close support she will use the machine gun.
As I understand the article Ingrid is so fond of being in the engineers the she, along with the rest of her company, has opted to extend her stay. Which means a much more in depth training in both general skills but specifically in her current function as gunner.
As a gunner, she needs to be able to stay alert, react fast and if need be without orders, and crucially be able to spot and ID an often camouflaged target, which means she has to react fast, yet stay calm enough to actually hit the target.
Because friendly fire incidents are very frequent in close support and often that's down to a gunner shooting before checking.

So she appears to be thriving and being a part of a company with a high moral.
Very impressive. Great transferable and valuable leadership building skills that will serve her well in the future!

Back
Top Bottom