Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 18: November 2020 - May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this forum I see comparisons with Princess Caroline. But when the Princess of Hannover appeared with a shaven head, it was because of sudden temporary hair loss (alopecia areata), usually caused by a disbalance in the autoimmunity system.

i'm not a fan but i admire her for sporting whatever style she wants, and kudos to her husband for being supportive. had it been another royal i'd probably not think it is appropriate but let's admit it, monaco is not the traditional monarchies of spain or UK so she has way more leeway to do as she pleases, even with a non ortodox hairstyle. good on her for feeling confident to do it.

i'm not a fan but i admire her for sporting whatever style she wants, and kudos to her husband for being supportive. had it been another royal i'd probably not think it is appropriate but let's admit it, monaco is not the traditional monarchies of spain or UK so she has way more leeway to do as she pleases, even with a non ortodox hairstyle. good on her for feeling confident to do it.

Well Grace and Ranier were traditional and so are Caroline and Albert. Stephanie was the only family member who was off the wall in her style and behaviour. Let's face it, C's hairstyle isn't edgy it's ridiculous looking. She is the wife of a head of state for goodness sake. Can you imagine her with this stupid hair welcoming another head of state like the Chinese President to Monaco, it's a totally unprofessional look at the very least.

Well Grace and Ranier were traditional and so are Caroline and Albert. Stephanie was the only family member who was off the wall in her style and behaviour. Let's face it, C's hairstyle isn't edgy it's ridiculous looking. She is the wife of a head of state for goodness sake. Can you imagine her with this stupid hair welcoming another head of state like the Chinese President to Monaco, it's a totally unprofessional look at the very least.
I don't think Charlene is too bothered she has always done as she pleases over the years and the Viking Princess look is part of all that.

Yes she was brave to do it yes but does it befit the wife of a reigning monarch no in my opinion plus she looks silly.

No comment from me on the hairstyle but does anyone have any information on the print Coat she is wearing at this event? I would like to see a full picture of it. I hear it may be by Dior, not sure?

The coat is indeed by Dior, part of the Cruise 2020 Collection. Here you can see a full view:

** Dior coat **

I don't find it an attractive style, but after all, hair grows.
It's most likely temporary.

How do we know Albert was "supportive" of his wife's bizarre new look? I have suspected for many years that Charlene does pretty much what she wants, regardless of the feelings of her husband or the Monegasques...and that this is a key factor in the dynamics of the marriage.:ermm

Can you visualize this look with a tiara? Thank goodness she doesn't wear them. It would look like a cartoon.

ETA: Don't care for the Dior coat either.

Last edited:
HSH Princess Charlène's new haircut either reminds me of a soccer hooligan or the defunct Dutch "gabber" subculture that included shaven heads, Australian training suits and bomber jackets.

Experimenting is one thing, but whether it fits and, in her case, is appropriate, is another.

Her hair as the wife of the head of state it is unacceptable. Can yo imagine this with a tiara? not to mention to meet other head of states ? What ever is the reason it is out of place. but then again she is not the hard working Princess like the other ones in the rest of Europe. She doe more or less what she please.

This haircut could be funny for a 15 years teen, out of school period.
Definitely not for a woman in her 42s, and a mother. I'm even not talking about her social position, this is also unacceptable for an office clerc, or physician or a lawyer.
Unless it is a promis to God or a bet, I don't see the purpose. It is ugly, scaring and outplaced.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about Charlene's new hairstyle. She's always seemed to favour short cuts. She still looks like a princess of monaco to me regardless of her hair.

The Princess looks really lovely there, beautiful hairstyle and dress quite the opposite of her most recent Avril Lavigne inspired appearances.

Although it can be fun to mix things up, this cover shot is such a contrast to the image she projected at the gift giving. This is romantic, almost whimsical whereas the gift giving look had a subversive edge, definitely meant to confound the traditional Princess look. I am hard pressed to think of someone who has a conventional public role who appears so dramatically different knowing full well how it will be the subject of endless conjecture in the media.

I guess the photo was taken before she had her hair cut, as I can't imagine that the sharp cut can be hidden that nicely ;) The dress is fairytale-like, a great choice for a Christmas photo.

There are few times that I'd like to have something from Charlene's wardrobe but this one would be lovely ?

:previous:

Here you can see a bit of the grey skirt she combined with the blouse:

** Pic **

A nice and stylish look for Charlene, but seems a little harsh for a new year's photo for me - I would've liked to have seen some more festive colours.

Lovely photos. Would love to hear more about her response to questions about her new haircut if anyone has bought the magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom