Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 16: January 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks fabulous - even if it is black! The splashes of red with the red lip make all the difference so it seems less of a heavy choice. Loving her new hairstyle.

Meh more black. I do like the longer hair.

LaRae

(..)

Princess Charlene changed her hair style, and I like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too keen on the short pants but the rest is ok even though its all black but Charlene's hair is far nicer with lenght the shorter hair was far too severe looking.

Princess Charlene in blue at the Royal Race Day at Turffontein, South Africa today, April 13:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Oh good Lord what is she wearing ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it - it's very OTT but it's the races, always a chance to go a bit wild. Love the colour which really suits her and the vintage look hair wave - she stands out and people can easily see her.

Very nice from the waist up but the bottom half is baffling. Not so much the skirt (which is still awful) but pairing an elegant ensemble with big boots instead of a nice pair of heels. What on Earth was she thinking?????

this something new and unsual outfit i like it great color

Without the boots I would have thought that it was unexpected but kind of fun, if not a favorite. With the boots it crosses well over into what-was-she-thinking? territory. I never thought I'd miss her blergh beige outfits, but here we are.

Great color...the rest of it is ummmm not attractive.

LaRae

I agree with ladongas above. Her outfit reminds of feminine riding habit of years gone by. And true also is that fashion at these race days are always very much over the top:you have to stand out!

The vivid blue is lovely, so is the colour of her mom’s outfit.

Not keen on the boots with her outfit ...

I believe it is a nod to the riding habits of the 19th century.

Here’s Empress Elisabeth of Austria:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riding_habit#/media/File:Elizabeth_of_Austrua_Habit.jpg

Too bad Charlene didn’t have the hat.

You may be right, but is shows a real ignorance of the hallmarks of riding habits, especially in the 19th century: they were very tailored, almost severe, and never had voluminous lace or tulle petticoats, which were hazardous to the rider. They were as perfectly tailored as the wearer could afford. So if that was indeed the "joke" I think this counts as an epic fail.

The color is very nice, though.

Best kept for the fancy dress party section of Charlene's wardrobe, I'm afraid.

I thought at 1st she was a little early with the Met Gala ,the ruffles and boots combination didn't work though the colour was nice.

Sorry the look doesn't resemble a riding habit to me at all. Especially not the skirt :ermm:

The ruffled bottom reminds me of the old west saloon girl skirts :lol:

The color is beautiful and I like the top half.

Beautiful lady. Awful outfit. Whatever it is supposed to be it failed.

:previous: Charlene's outfit does seem rather sombre but it's a nice dress nevertheless.

Black, black, black, black... I am genuinely surprised that she isn't sick of the sight of herself wearing it, I certainly am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom