Princess Alexia, News and Events Part 1 (Jan 2022 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
attachment.php

Welcome to Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane of The Netherlands News and Events, Part 1

7 December, 2021​

The previous combined thread for the princesses and their elder sister can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
I just saw this video that included a video of an earlier king's day (2018) in which Alexia is 'star struck' because she saw 'Olcay from Wie is de mol (WIDM)' [who is the mole --> i.e., who is sabotaging each task trying not to be noticed] (that season had just aired (January-March)), so apparently, at least in previous seasons the family watched this popular Dutch tv-series.

(this short fragment -all in Dutch- is included around 1:20)

Last edited:
That's sweet. ?

And a testament to King WA and Queen Maxima bringing up three relatively normal daughters.

Has already been announced what Alexia will do after her Baccalaureate in Wales, that ends this May?

As she is expected to work and make a living I imagine a University education is next for her. Perhaps she will take a gap year and join her sister at the University of Amsterdam.

I wouldn't be surprised if she also takes a gap year. Not sure if she would join the University of Amsterdam though (Amalia is the very first to do so because she was interested in the specific degree program they offered), she might for example prefer Leiden (where her father, grandmother and great-grandmother studied) instead or attend one of the other universities (for example, the eldest Van Vollenhoven brothers went to Groningen, while PC went to Utrecht; Alexia's uncle Friso went to the Technical University of Delft). It will also depend on her interests: what discipline would she like to delve into? And of course, she could also consider staying abroad. As she is not the heir, she has a bit more freedom.

To give an overview of the previous generation:
Willem-Alexander: History at Leiden University (after one and a half years in the military: Royal Navy)
Friso: Aerospace Engineering Management at Delft University of Technology (after studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, USA)
Constantijn: Law at Leiden University and Business Economics at INSEAD (Fontainbleau, France)

Maurits: Economics at the University of Groningen (after one and a half years in the military: Marine Corps/Royal Navy)
Bernhard: Economics at the University of Groningen (one year at Georgetown University, USA)
Pieter-Christiaan: Law at Utrecht University and an MBA at IMD (Lausanne, Switzerland) - after several years in the military (Royal Military and Border Police)
Floris: Law at Leiden University (after a gap year focused on learning Spanish)

Interestingly Alexia is the one that I knew of to be musically inclined. She packed and posed with her guitar while heading off to Wales.

The Duchess of Kent taught music at a primary school. I don't see why Ariane couldn't do the same if she chose to. Or if she performs music with a group or orchestra that doesn't seem to be problematic. She is expected to make her own way in life anyway.

This Saturday Alexia's graduation ceremony in Wales will take place, any info on the DRF to attend?

I haven't heard anything about it, but probably the RF will see it as a family event and it will not be anounced publicly.

I'm searching, but no photos of the Princess (and no sight of the Queen) yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Alexia with King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima at the UWC Atlantic College where the International Baccalaureate graduation ceremony is being held today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CseH-5ktMqu/

More precisely, it is the Leavers Celebration. The results of the exams will only be available in July, so only at that point in time the students know whether they truly graduated.

Congratulations to Princess Alexia! She looks effortlessly beautiful and love how the photo just looks like a very normal family in their daughter's graduation. Since the exam result won't be communicated until early July, I wonder if a photo of her hoisting her school bag along with the Dutch flag will be released just like Amalia did, or it will be just short press release that she got her diploma since the timing would be irrelevant.

Anyway, regarding to Ariane's school choice -- when applying for UWC, applicants should've applied for the movement itself, not for a specific school. Therefore, choosing which school to attend is not an option. However, when applying, they are allowed to list school preferences. It is up to the selection committee and the school itself whether or not to accept them based on slots available for each country (in Ariane's case, The Netherlands), scholarships availability (this certainly won't be her case), and if the school is a good fit for them (each UWC is different). For Ariane whom her parents could pay the full fee for every UWC school, I imagine it should be easier for her to get into her first choice though. If it is, her admission to the school should be supported by the committee's opinion that the school is indeed a good fit for her in one way or another. Whether she truly has artistic talents, has the passion of integrating herself into a whole culture in her day to day life, or simply a young woman who loves interactions (since the school is an open campus).

Along with the fact that she already speaks Spanish (and don't forget her current school also teaches Latin), UWC Adriatic requires its students to learn Italian, even if it means it had to be their 7th subject (instead of the usual 6) and admits a handful of Italians each year - so she should be good.

Cost of attendance would be around 46.000 Euros per year - about half of Alexia's school, the Atlantic College.

Last edited:
Remember the party pictures?

Sincere congratulations are due to Alexia for not having any kind of repeat; she got through the rest of UWC just fine. Hopefully she keeps it up as an adult.

Sounds like an idyllic place for teenagers, Royal or not…

Graduating from a UWC myself a couple of years ago, it's quite interesting to see the novelty surrounding this successive crop of royals attending the schools. And as for other queries about Ariane attending Adriatic, she'll definitely be fine not speaking Italian. The great majority of classes will be in English, that's how it is across the 'movement'. However, if I am not mistaken taking some form of Italian is required.

Will there be any festivities for Princess Alexia as she turn 18 next Monday?

Princess Alexia has been spotted at the open day of the University of Groningen on April 14th. A local news site speculates if the princess may pick this city to study.

https://www.sikkom.nl/actueel/Komt-...p-volgens-hardnekkige-geruchten-28444499.html

Princess Laurentien, Prince Maurits, Princess Marilene, PrinceBernhard and Princess Annette all studied at the University of Groningen.

That would be a great choice. I assume she would become a member of Vindicat (the Student Corps in Groningen) in that case. They've had their issues as well but no major recent ones that will deter her membership at the moment.

That would be a great choice. I assume she would become a member of Vindicat (the Student Corps in Groningen) in that case. They've had their issues as well but no major recent ones that will deter her membership at the moment.
I really hope she will NOT join Vindicat. They keep on messing up, in spite of repeated corrections. Best to stay well away from that.

To mark Princess Alexia's 18th birthday today, June 26, the Palace has released some new photos:

** instagram gallery ** twitter post **

At least she is consequent LOL
always staring like being so pissed of with everything. Rem8nds me of Victoria Beckham maybe Alexia tries to prevent rinkles.
Hope she starts a real job unlike her cousin.

Pity the background of the pics is so dark. The Princess has also been awarded the Order of the Lion of the Netherlands and the Order of the Lion of Nassau today.

Pity the background of the pics is so dark. The Princess has also been awarded the Order of the Lion of the Netherlands and the Order of the Lion of Nassau today.

A nice honour to the mark her 18th Birthday, not at all crazy about those photos and the background is too dark.

Not a fan of the photos. She looks passed like she has an age to grind with someone. It's a shame she doesn't look relaxed and smiling as she is a beautiful girl!

Back
Top Bottom