Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
November 30, 2004: Princess Alexandra attended a ballet performance "Frida viva la vida" at the Falkoner Center. After the performance, she received the "surplus" generated by the performance for UNICEF. (according to the translation guide).

Attachments

• ch127454_guest.jpg
    ch127454_guest.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 302
  • ch127455_guest.jpg
    ch127455_guest.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 377
  • ch127456_guest.jpg
    ch127456_guest.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 308
When will the divorce be final?

I think she would not remarry yet providing current situation. Imagine that aside from the very big fact that she is a popular and respected public figure which includes her numerous tasks to attend to, her 2 children are still young.

Nikolai and Felix would not yet understand the main reason behind everything right now. But sometime in the future if whatever plans she would make which includes remarrying, I hope she would think properly and carefully about it. She really needs to balance and think about the pro's and con's. ( + or - )

The essence of Alexandra's elegance at that ballet performance - just wonderful! Thanks for the pics!

None of us will really know whether or not she will remarry. She might, but then again she might not, who knows.

But if I had to hazard a guess, then.... hmm, I don't know. A big part of me thinks that she won't remarry - but that's probably because the separation was announced not too long ago and the divorce hasn't even occured yet.

pdas1201 said:
November 30, 2004: Princess Alexandra attended a ballet performance "Frida viva la vida" at the Falkoner Center. After the performance, she received the "surplus" generated by the performance for UNICEF. (according to the translation guide).
This is not meant to offend or anything, but I would really love to know how UNICEF can have a "surplus"? I think the recent Blangladesh/India trip has shown that there are still so many many people in desperate need of help out there. I don't know how UNICEF can have a suplus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasl said:
This is not meant to offend or anything, but I would really love to know how UNICEF can have a "surplus"? I think the recent Blangladesh/India trip has shown that there are still so many many people in desperate need of help out there. I don't know how UNICEF can have a suplus.
I don't believe that "surplus" here is intended to mean anything extra. It is most likely being used in place of donation. Alexandra was there to collect the "surplus" or money generated by the performance.

Jasl said:
None of us will really know whether or not she will remarry. She might, but then again she might not, who knows.

But if I had to hazard a guess, then.... hmm, I don't know. A big part of me thinks that she won't remarry - but that's probably because the separation was announced not too long ago and the divorce hasn't even occured yet.
I agree. I don't think she'll remarry. The question is whether Joachim will remarryand whom :)

Last edited:
I hope she remarries and finds true happiness as well as love. But it won't happen in the near future.

As for Prince Joachim, well, I see him remarrying as well. But I will feel sorry for his new wife who will probably have a hard time given by those who adore Alexandra.

Isabel said:
I don't believe that "surplus" here is intended to mean anything extra. It is most likely being used in place of donation. Alexandra was there to collect the "surplus" or money generated by the performance.
I agree with Isabel, at first i thought the same thing--how can they have a "surplus"?, but what they really meant is the money generated by the performance.
Since I don't know Danish, I used a translator. The 'word' was probably a direct translation from Danish to English. Sorry if it was misleading..

Isabel said:

Yes I think that's right. I think they meant that the money raised (surplus probably equates to "profits") was given to UNICEF and Alex accepted it on behalf of UNICEF.

Pheww!!

pdas1201 said:
She looks beautiful and so elegant!

nice pics.

What do they mean by royal secrets? I mean like for what instance?

Chatleen said:
Se & Hør is really only making speculations. I took a quick look at the article while queuing at the supermarket, and it is pure guesssing. They say, that Alexandra will be able to live a comfortable life as long as she keeps quiet on the internal affairs of the royal family.

I really don't see Alexandra as a person who would ever tell tales. I think, she prefers to keep her dignity and integrity.
i agree...i don't think PRincess Alexandra would do these kinda of stuff......besides........she will be able to live a comfortable life because she's living with Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix....and due to the pre-nup agreement ...rite?

bigheadshirmp said:
i agree...i don't think PRincess Alexandra would do these kinda of stuff......besides........she will be able to live a comfortable life because she's living with Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix....and due to the pre-nup agreement ...rite?
You are so rigth in what you say. I don´t give a Sh.. about Se og Hør it makes me angry to se what kinde of rumors they are spreading about Princess Alexandra.:mad: :mad: :mad:

what was the pre-nup agreement

Chatleen said:
Se & Hør is really only making speculations. I took a quick look at the article while queuing at the supermarket, and it is pure guesssing. They say, that Alexandra will be able to live a comfortable life as long as she keeps quiet on the internal affairs of the royal family.

I really don't see Alexandra as a person who would ever tell tales. I think, she prefers to keep her dignity and integrity.
I don't think she's the type to spill family secrets for money, either. However, it is true that she could most likely know some of the skeletons in the royal family's closet. She been a part of their family for many years.

I'm so glad to see that she seems happier after the divorce announcement. She looks like she's had a huge burden lifted off her shoulders.

Chatleen said:
Couldn't agree more ^_____________^

Reina said:
what was the pre-nup agreement
In brief - there is a lot of legal language, but I'll try to outline the content in short.

1) There is no community of property between the two. Everything owned before the marriage, or obtained during the marriage (gift, inheritance etc.) solely belongs to the person, who obtained it.

2) In case of separation or divorce Prince Joachim is obliged to give Princess Alexandra such a sum, that she can acquire a suitable home inside or outside the country, after decision by Alexandra
- Furthermore to supplement a possible alimony, Prince Joachim is obliged to give Princess Alexandra an once-and-for-all sum of money, the amount set under consideration of the lenght of the marriage and each of the parties economical condition at the time of the divorce
- If we can't agree on the amounts, these would be decided by the King (Chatleen: in this case, the Queen)

Chatleen said:

I really agree with you Chatleen. I think the gossip magazine Se & Hør is just making up stories because they could not think yet of other things to talk about after the princess had their divorce with Prince Joachim. It is just so funny that gossip magazines think sometimes of crazy and untrue stories just to attract buyers and can add fire to fuel.

And I think that Princess Alexandra is not that type of person who would spill the internal matters of the members of the Danish Royal Family. She is a well-loved and respected person and I think she would not do any single act that she knows that could ruin herself and is also against her will to do so.

Chatleen said:
In brief - there is a lot of legal language, but I'll try to outline the content in short.

1) There is no community of property between the two. Everything owned before the marriage, or obtained during the marriage (gift, inheritance etc.) solely belongs to the person, who obtained it.

2) In case of separation or divorce Prince Joachim is obliged to give Princess Alexandra such a sum, that she can acquire a suitable home inside or outside the country, after decision by Alexandra
- Furthermore to supplement a possible alimony, Prince Joachim is obliged to give Princess Alexandra an once-and-for-all sum of money, the amount set under consideration of the lenght of the marriage and each of the parties economical condition at the time of the divorce
- If we can't agree on the amounts, these would be decided by the King (Chatleen: in this case, the Queen)

Thanks!

And I don't think Alexandra is the type of person to rat out the RF either. Besides I am sure there is not alot to disclose, unlike some RF's.

Uddelinger fra Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond 2004

Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond blev i 2004 fusioneret med Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Internationale Uddannelsesfond. Navnet på fonden er Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond. ......

Would someone please who knows Danish do expound the topic posted above?

I know it's all about Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond 2004 but what specifically is it on?

Last edited by a moderator:
paulette said:
Would someone please who knows Danish do expound the topic posted above?

I know it's all about Prins Joachims og Prinsesse Alexandras Fond 2004 but what specifically is it on?
It says that two of the couples foundations (Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandras foundation and Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandras international education foundation) have merged. It's is now one foundation called prince Joachim and Princess Alexandras foundation.

Then it lists a lot of organisations and people receiving money from foundation. In all the foundation gives 564.000 kr away this year. (A little more than 100.000 us dollars)

Last edited:
MarieLouise said:
In all the foundation gives 564.000 kr away this year. (A little more than 10.000 us dollars)
I guess you forgot a 'o', Marie Louise ;) I would say it is about 100.700 US dollars - or about 75.900 Euro

:)

hillary_nugent said:
Does Alexandra and Joachim still attend the some functions together?
December 16, 2004 - Copenhagen, Amalienborg: Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra presented bequests from HRH Prince Joachim and HRH Princess Alexandra's International Education Fund

By the way, Alex is looking lovely as usual. Pink, really suits her.

Attachments

• COLOUR10085890.jpg
    COLOUR10085890.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 646
  • COLOUR10085891.jpg
    COLOUR10085891.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 663
  • COLOUR10085892.jpg
    COLOUR10085892.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,164
  • COLOUR10085893.jpg
    COLOUR10085893.jpg