Prince Rainier & Princess Grace Pictures Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anag said:
Oh gosh, they are just my favorite couple EVER! They looked so happy throughout their WHOLE marriage, they had something really special. I think it's safe to say that Grace was the love of Rainier's life, and vice versa. Any objections?

Ani

i don't want to start anything, but Oleg Cassini was, to me, the love of her life. about Rainier, I don't know, she may have been.

Posted by: princess108105
-i don't want to start anything, but Oleg Cassini was, to me, the love of her life. about Rainier, I don't know, she may have been.

That's okay, he might have very well been hers, but I just love them together SO MUCH, that I like to believe that they were each other's loves, I'm sappy like that!

Ani

princess108105 said:
i don't want to start anything, but Oleg Cassini was, to me, the love of her life. about Rainier, I don't know, she may have been.

I think, during a press conference before Grace and Rainier married, Grace said that she would learn to love Rainier. Doesn't sound as if she was head over heels.

I believe that in later years, she has learned to accept her decision with more enthusiasm than in the earlier years where she was hurt by the end of her acting career. Along with this acceptance is, I believe, a genuine love and adoration for her husband. She has gone 100 % to being the perfect Princess, Wife and Mother, and I feel that such a commitment is brought about by a realization that she married the right man after all.

Oleg, I feel, was a great love but also represented the other life that she could have led -- that is pursue acting as a lifelong career. That's why she might have found it difficult to completely forget him. But as far as the love of her life is concerned, I'm sure she has accepted that it was Rainier. According to their latest biography, she and Rainier became much more enamored with one another in the last few years of her life. Lizanne even recalled a conversation where Grace couldn't wait to get home to Monace because she missed Rainier terribly :)

Here is another great pic from Science&Society Picture Library

14npd2a.jpg

Fab picture thank you for posting them !!!

A nice gallery with pictures of Grace and Rainier - Link

That is a vey nice collection of photographs

It is a shame they had to attach such a pessimistic caption to them. Asking if their happy marriage was actually a fairy tale. :sad: On a brighter note, but off topic I saw your video on YouTube, Tbhrc. It is lovely. Great job

Suzan-Livanelli said:
\

Thanks again for more shots. I remember reading that she absolutely hated that dress with the big flowers she wore when she met Prince Rainier. I also love the pictures with Caroline & Albert as babies. They are so cute.:wub: :flowers:

libra65 said:
\

Thanks again for more shots. I remember reading that she absolutely hated that dress with the big flowers she wore when she met Prince Rainier. I also love the pictures with Caroline & Albert as babies. They are so cute.:wub: :flowers:

the reason for her wearing that dress was due to a power cut in monaco that day , and that was the only dress that wasnt creased . and it didnt need ironing , only grace could get away with wearing that dress and still look lovely in it ! :)

Suzan-Livanelli said:

In looking at the balcony picture of the family again, I couldn't help but notice that baby Albert looks like he never missed a meal. Look at those cheeks!!:D He was a real little butterball. Then when you look at the next picture, he is leaner. I guess he burned off a lot of baby fat when he started running around. They really were adorable kids.:D

ImageShack - Hosting :: lukomski66kn4.jpg
Prince Rainier and Princess Grace celebrating their tenth anniversary of marriage. April 1966.

From "Annales Monegasques - Revue d'histoire de Monaco"

Asked to comment on 10 years of marriage, Princess Grace said: «They were good years... they have changed me. I hope for the better... there have been difficult times, but no great surprises».
And, about Rainier's beard, she said: «I approved. I think it looks good on him. My mother thinks it makes her look old».

How absolutely divine was Princess Grace. IMO both Caroline and Charlotte, inherited her mouth.

There's something immaculate with Princess Grace, even in her later years when she gained weight. There have been unflattering pics of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O, which the media have declared as her sisters in glamour (all were born in 1929) but with Grace, she stayed ethereal mostly.

Hello to everybody! I´m new in this forum. I´ve always been a great fan of late Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco. She was a very human woman who fascinated to everybody to knew her.

All the best to you,
Carolyn.

PS: Sorry for my bad english. I hope improve here.

Hello Sensibility and welcome to the forums :flowers: Don't worry
about your English, we all come from different parts of the world
to share our special interest here and nobody is perfect ;)

Mdeledda, thanks for the last two pics you've posted, I like
the setting/or composing of the colours very much, they could
have been taken from a book of fairytales.

thank you Mdeledda for those wedding pictures, the one from the civil ceremony is one of my favorite pictures of them

I read in some magazine that Rainier and Grace had got many troubles. She always hope return to the cinema, but he was very negative about that. However, Grace always understood she was a princess and her work was "be princess". I think they seems very happy in photos and they created a very beautiful and lovely family... What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom