Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 8: November-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when is Camilla going to get her uniform?

Warren said:
So, when is Camilla going to get her uniform?

never, I hope. she'd look sillly. much better to stick with this lovely warm coat even if she wearing fur:cool:

here, she looks like a member of the russian imperial family.

pollyemma said:
never, I hope. she'd look sillly. much better to stick with this lovely warm coat.
No uniform? Make her Colonel-in-Chief of a regiment then. :)

Warren said:
No uniform? Make her Colonel-in-Chief of a regiment then. :)

The Duchess of Cornwall regiment. hmmm....that has a nice ring to it.

Good Point. She should, by rights, be made Colonel-in-Chief of the Princess of Wales Regiment. Maybe she'll be Colonel-in-Chief of the new Royal Regiment of Scotland. Or the Royal Anglians who have been without a Patron since the death of Princess Alice.

BeatrixFan said:
Good Point. She should, by rights, be made Colonel-in-Chief of the Princess of Wales Regiment. Maybe she'll be Colonel-in-Chief of the new Royal Regiment of Scotland. Or the Royal Anglians who have been without a Patron since the death of Princess Alice.

This is one right that the Duchess has, prudently, decided to forego.

btw,wasnt the princess of wales regiment disbanded?

More images from getty

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
btw,wasnt the princess of wales regiment disbanded?

Noooo. Queen Margrethe is their Colonel in Chief now. It doesn't make sense having a foreign CC (as much as I love her) when we have a Princess of Wales to take the reigns.

Warren said:
:eek: Another insult?

LOL! no, I think it was disbanded while Diana and Charles were still together. some time in the late '80s.

BeatrixFan said:
Noooo. Queen Margrethe is their Colonel in Chief now. It doesn't make sense having a foreign CC (as much as I love her) when we have a Princess of Wales to take the reigns.

are you quite sure? so Margarethe is CC of the "princess of wales regiment."

I am going to investigate this. I am certain it was disbanded in the late '80s.

and I'm going to prove it.grrrrr:mad:

;)

LOL. Queen Margrethe and Diana were joint Colonels in Chief and when Diana died, Margrethe became the sole Colonel in Chief. If it has been disbanded then it can only be very recently - It would have been big news if it was.

They've been merging a lot of regiments together much to the disgust of some regiments in Scotland. Maybe that's what happened.

Diana reliniquished all of her military appointments with the agreement of the Queen at the time of the divorce. Since she was no longer a Royal Highness, this was appropriate.

C&C Of the Pricess of Waales Regiment (Makes sense since she is now Princess of Wales)

Well, if the Household or the government or whatever is trying to downplay her Princess of Wales status, that might not be the best way to go about it.

I think in a year or longer after more people warm to her she may become CC as a way to recognize her a Princess of Wales and future Queen. She will never be Princess of Wales completely IMO. But, I actually like Duchess of Cornwall title a lot. I think after a while she may get more involved in Wales somewhat, maybe after Wales gets a full parliment the Prince of Wales might have the duty to due it and Camilla will accompiny him as Princess of Wales in her own right. I dream too much. Is that possible. For the Prince of Wales to open the Welsh Parliment or just give the Throne Speech.

She is Princess of Wales completely. She just uses the title Duchess of Cornwall instead.

Look..let's clear this up once and for all....

She is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall...that is the title she chose to use..

HOWEVER, being married to Charles also gives her legal use to all the other titles...

So she is in fact, the Princess of Wales, Countess of Carrick, Countess of Chester, Baroness of Renfrew, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay..

I know they are not in order...but that is not my point. My point is to once and for all clarify who this woman is by her title. It should not be difficult to do this, kids.. :)

And only the sovereign opens Parliament...

Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales, , Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew

Not sure if she gets to be called Lady of the Isles and Princess and Great Stewardess of Scotland.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I think in a year or longer after more people warm to her she may become CC as a way to recognize her a Princess of Wales and future Queen. She will never be Princess of Wales completely IMO. But, I actually like Duchess of Cornwall title a lot. I think after a while she may get more involved in Wales somewhat, maybe after Wales gets a full parliment the Prince of Wales might have the duty to due it and Camilla will accompiny him as Princess of Wales in her own right. I dream too much. Is that possible. For the Prince of Wales to open the Welsh Parliment or just give the Throne Speech.

The presentation of the medals was in Wales, they all had a great time seemingly. She is certainly well liked in Scotland!:)

She is certainly well liked in Scotland!

Definately. When I was on a recent trip taking some things up for my move to the Highlands, I mentioned Camilla to a few people to gauge public opinion and they are very taken with her. My driver called her 'A Real Treasure'.

BeatrixFan said:
Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales, , Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew

Not sure if she gets to be called Lady of the Isles and Princess and Great Stewardess of Scotland.

Hmm....good question.....I don't think so, as with both wives, I have never seen these distinctions made to them legally and officially...

Maybe they are reserved solely for the heir to the throne...

I think she gets the Lady of the Isles and Princess of Scotland bit but not Great Stewardess.

It does not say anything on Wikipedia or his sight or anywhere else I can find so far....if you can find official proof, that would be wonderful and very helpful..I am still looking as well..

I'll call the Press Office tomorrow.

BeatrixFan said:
I think she gets the Lady of the Isles and Princess of Scotland bit but not Great Stewardess.

LOL :D BeatrixFan

O I know her titles completely and the whole situation. I also get flustered when people mess up. What I ment was that she I dont think she will ever be called Princess of Wales in everday life. I ment that she might be refered to as Princess of Wales in the future when she is in Wales and represents Wales. She is Princess of Scotland I know that. I dont think she is GreatStewardess. Who opens the scottish parliment or is that connected with the opening of the British Parliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom