Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 4: August-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smilla said:
How true, Tiarapin. That is one marriage that shouldn't have happened.
Yeah, I agree with you. But if Diana and Charles don't marry, we didn't had William or Harry..

LaMinka said:
Yeah, I agree with you. But if Diana and Charles don't marry, we didn't had William or Harry..

Sure but we would have someone else and we, royal followers, would be very happy with them simply because we would not even know about a possible William or Harry.

fanletizia said:
The Prince of Wales attends a Burma Star reception in Westminster Hall

From aap

It's very funny.
1. celebrations to commemorate VJ day involving the Burma Star Association had been already held in London on 15 August; other celebrations were held in Aberdeen on 21 August. Both were attended by Prince Philip. Why another one with Prince Charles in London on 21 August?
2. Why is he wearing an uniform? He looks pretentious. Philip didn't wear it.
:rolleyes:

ElisaR said:
It's very funny.

2. Why is he wearing an uniform? He looks pretentious. Philip didn't wear it.
:rolleyes:

Because the other vets are wearing their decorations? Dunno, it would look odd for them to wear them in honor of the day and Charles not to. I think Prince Philip was at another type of celebration.

VJ Day

The Duke of Edinburgh was wearind a suit with his medals, just like the other veterans at that gathering. The Prince of Wales had to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph, and this kind of event requires wearing the uniform, I suppose.

Prince Charles and Camilla initiates vacations of summer

Prince Charles of England and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornualles, begin today their vacations of summer (boreal), and have decided to pass them in the Scottish residence of Birkhall.

According to the local press informed today, Charles will travel today with Camilla to the residence of Birkhall, old mansion of rest of Queen Mother. The real pair, that married in April last in Windsor, has predicted to fish in the lakes near Birkhall, like also making long long walks by the forests and the Scottish countryside, preferred of the heir to the throne.
In as much, today the version spread of which Carlos refuses to use the computer and to send electronic mails, and however prefers to write extensive letters or memorandos by hand, because "it distrusts" of the modern tecnology

http://www.abc.com.py/articulos.php?fec=2005-08-22&pid=199618&sec=12

fanletizia said:
Prince Charles and Camilla initiates vacations of summer

Prince Charles of England and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornualles, begin today their vacations of summer (boreal), and have decided to pass them in the Scottish residence of Birkhall.

According to the local press informed today, Charles will travel today with Camilla to the residence of Birkhall, old mansion of rest of Queen Mother. The real pair, that married in April last in Windsor, has predicted to fish in the lakes near Birkhall, like also making long long walks by the forests and the Scottish countryside, preferred of the heir to the throne.
In as much, today the version spread of which Carlos refuses to use the computer and to send electronic mails, and however prefers to write extensive letters or memorandos by hand, because "it distrusts" of the modern tecnology

http://www.abc.com.py/articulos.php?fec=2005-08-22&pid=199618&sec=12

Oh!SO where have they been since the Sunday Church Service?I think they would have been on holiday for long already,but will they enjoy the holiday with the Queen at Balmoral like Fergie did?Anybody know about that?
But i don't know when will they have engagements again cauz according to both the British Royal website and the Prince of Wales's website, no engagements of them showing on yet.

i don't know if this one has been posted, but I love this pic. Prince Charles visits a Whisky Distilery in Scotland( August 2005)

53316520.jpg

He looks like he's enjoyed a bit too much of that whiskey! :D

The Green Prince

Prince orders cost study of alternative medicine

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Colin Blackstock
Wednesday August 24, 2005
The Guardian

[/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The Prince of Wales has asked a leading independent economist to examine whether the use of complementary therapies could save the NHS money, Clarence House said yesterday.

Christopher Smallwood, a former chief economics advisor to Barclays bank, is carrying out the report on behalf of Prince Charles to "look at the effectiveness, especially from a financial point of view, of integrated healthcare". Full article

Prince attacked for secret health study

STEPHEN MCGINTY

THE PRINCE of Wales was accused of meddling in politics yesterday after it emerged that he is secretly heading a campaign to offer more alternative medicines on the NHS.

Prince Charles, an enthusiast for complementary therapies, has commissioned a report on their benefits in an attempt to influence government policy.

Full story
[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
camilla and her daughter went shopping together in scotland. they were both looking lovely dressed in jeans and camilla wore a tailored jacket, and laura a beige jumper. :)

carlota said:
camilla and her daughter went shopping together in scotland. they were both looking lovely dressed in jeans and camilla wore a tailored jacket, and laura a beige jumper. :)

Is Laura staying at Birkhall with Charles and Camilla?

carlota said:

Oh really,carlota?It sounds pretty cool.Where did u get the pictures?It must be really great to see them in jeans.
Have anyone heard anything about the Wedding of Tom Parker Bowles yet?I remember he will marry this September.

here's the photo of our lovely duchess and her daughter shopping in bataller.

Attachments

• camila_6_2819.jpg
    camila_6_2819.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 233
carlota said:
here's the photo of our lovely duchess and her daughter shopping in bataller.

Thanks you so much,carlota.It is so cool picture of The Duchess and Laura.

Very down to earth, I love the pic. IMO she is doing a very fine job as a Duchess. She's been "on the mark" since her wedding!

Wasn't he the druggie drunkard? Besides, they say that he "had been ill for some time. " A premature death doesn't surprise me.

tiaraprin said:
How convenient!!

Sorry :confused: - are you alleging foul play? I'm sure I'm misinterpreting your comment. Otherwise, you REALLY don't think highly of the powers that be at the palace:D .

Wow you all are so mean! He was so young, his death is very sad. I would understand your lack of compassion if he was a murderer or something. It doesn't matter if he used drugs, he may have had some problems but that doesn't mean that you have to be so disrespectful.

Last edited:
Sorry if I don't really feel the need to whip out a box of kleenex. :rolleyes: :p

Here is the list of engagements of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall in the next few times:

Tuesday, 13th September

The Prince of Wales, President, The Victoria Cross and George Cross Association and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a Service of Remembrance and Re-Dedication, St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London, and then attend The President’s Tea Party, St James’s Palace State Apartments, London.

Wednesday, 14th September

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will tour the Georgian Theatre Royal before watching a performance by members of its Youth Theatre, Richmond, North Yorkshire.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will tour a Farmers’ Market before visiting the Town Hall, Richmond, North Yorkshire.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Richmond Station, a Grade II listed building, to hear about the local community’s restoration plans. Their Royal Highnesses will also meet young businessmen and women from North Yorkshire who have been helped by The Prince’s Trust’s Rural Opportunities Self Employment (ROSE) scheme, Richmond Station, Richmond, North Yorkshire.

Sunday, 18th September

The Prince of Wales, Patron, Battle of Britain Fighter Association, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, will attend the Battle of Britain Service, Westminster Abbey, London.

Their Royal Highnesses will later unveil the Battle of Britain Monument, Victoria Embankment, before meeting Battle of Britain veterans at a reception, London.

It would be the first time for The Duchess of Cornwall attend a Service at Westminster Abbey as the role of a member of The Royal Family, i think she will doing it well, but it would be great moment to see The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall sit in the place that The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh often sit when attend Service at Westminster Abbey.

Last edited:
In regards to that death of that poor man, the comments made were absolutely untoward. The guy was a battle veteran who suffered under tremendous mental illness and, certainly, he did not have a good experience at the Prince of Wales's household. I'm not going guess or suppose he was raped or not, but, out of sheer respect for humanity, I hope the poor man rests in peace.

grecka said:
In regards to that death of that poor man, the comments made were absolutely untoward. The guy was a battle veteran who suffered under tremendous mental illness and, certainly, he did not have a good experience at the Prince of Wales's household. I'm not going guess or suppose he was raped or not, but, out of sheer respect for humanity, I hope the poor man rests in peace.

Well said, thank you. I agree with every word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom