Prince Feisal and Princess Sarah: Current Events 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you check the article, Petra now has ammended the article to include the title HRH Princess Sarah al-Feisal. So it must be official!:flowers:
You are right Fadel and Veram .. thank you :flowers::) now we can say princess Sara al faisal :):flowers:
http://www.alrai.com/pages.php?news_id=338482
Al Rai and all newspapers also changed their articles ... so it was petra`s mistake as Noormeanslight said
Petra added also her title under the pic
Now
http://img697.imageshack.us/i/news197520.jpg/
yesterday
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rxy9s1.jpg by ayah

HRH PRINCE FEISAL ‘HUMBLED’ BY EXPERIENCES OF GENERATIONS FOR PEACE DELEGATES
Today.
HRH PRINCE FEISAL ‘HUMBLED’ BY EXPERIENCES OF GENERATIONS FOR PEACE DELEGATES | Generations For Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Xavi commented on the way she looked, I have a question: aren't we going to have a special fashion thread for Sara? Or shall we comment here?

There is a fashion thread
Jordanian Royal Ladies Fashion and Style

Pleased to meet you PhillyGurl!

Re your question 2: the marriage contract is in certain countries we refer to as Nikah Al Kitab, which means the marriage of the book. This is where the details of the provisions (inc Mehr aka Dowry), the structure of the marriage and (yes you're right) the case of divorce is dealt with as amicably as possible.

Its essential for all Islamic Marriages because without this, the marriage isn't recognised by the state.

Hope this helps.

1. Why didn't P. Ali and P. Haya attend the wedding?
2. Is a marriage contract like a prenuptial agreement...(ie: if the marriage ends in divorce you get...I get..)

Hi wingsofsky, pleased to meet you!

I agree that that would be a strange thing indeed, if Sara Al-Feisal hadn't been bequeethed the title of Princess. However in this case it is the tradition when announcing a marriage reports refer to the Lady in question by using her maiden name. So as to highlight the fact that she isn't of royal birth nor a member of the royal family. This is done for political correcness purposes.

Although thereafter she will be referred to as HRH Amira (Princess) Sara Al-Feisal.

Also if we referr to the Late King Hussein, with respect to his wives, no all had the same title:

Queen Dina
Princess Muna
Queen Alia
Queen Noor

Thereby the rules dictating how the titles should be bequeethed may still be subject to the ancient Hashimi tribal rules (ie family concensus etc).

As regards Morocco: The term given to a Lady of Royal birth is Princess Lalla. The term Lalla originates from the indigenous Amazighy (Saharan) Kingdom/Culture and its system of governenance.

Lalla generally means Noble Lady (she is Princess in her own right) and is the equivilant to Princesses of Kingdoms. The term is also taken from Morocco's indigenous (not national) language Tamazight of which there a three branches: Chelha, (Tachelhit) High Atlas, Rifi (Tarifit) Riff Mountains and Amazigh (Tamazight) Middle Atlas

The other term Shrifia when only used in the Amazighy context, refers to the most ancient of Moroccan Royal Amazighy Households from whom all including the Alaouites originated. When used in this context Shrifia is Higher than Lalla.

Moulay : Tamazight for Emperor, the Arab Equivelant is Sultan
Lalla : Tamazight for Lady and Princess, Arab equivilant is Amira
Shrifia

When Morocco proclaimed itself an Arab Country after orbtaining independance from the French in 1956, then they added the Arabic Terms in front of the Amazighy ones (so as to combine the two cultures).

Present Form: HRH Amira Lalla Salma.
Ancient Form: Shrifia Lalla Salma

Hope this helps,

Abdel Noor

The Prince's wife is not a princess. :shock: It would be something very unusual for Hashemite Kingdom whereas it is quite common in Morocco. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased to meet you PhillyGurl!

Re your question 2: the marriage contract is in certain countries we refer to as Nikah Al Kitab, which means the marriage of the book. This is where the details of the provisions (inc Mehr aka Dowry), the structure of the marriage and (yes you're right) the case of divorce is dealt with as amicably as possible.

Its essential for all Islamic Marriages because without this, the marriage isn't recognised by the state.

Hope this helps.

Hi wingsofsky, pleased to meet you!

I agree that that would be a strange thing indeed, if Sara Al-Feisal hadn't been bequeethed the title of Princess. However in this case it is the tradition when announcing a marriage reports refer to the Lady in question by using her maiden name. So as to highlight the fact that she isn't of royal birth nor a member of the royal family. This is done for political correcness purposes.

Although thereafter she will be referred to as HRH Amira (Princess) Sara Al-Feisal.

Also if we referr to the Late King Hussein, with respect to his wives, no all had the same title:

Queen Dina
Princess Muna
Queen Alia
Queen Noor

Thereby the rules dictating how the titles should be bequeethed may still be subject to the ancient Hashimi tribal rules (ie family concensus etc).

As regards Morocco: The term given to a Lady of Royal birth is Princess Lalla. The term Lalla originates from the indigenous Amazighy (Saharan) Kingdom/Culture and its system of governenance.

Lalla generally means Noble Lady (she is Princess in her own right) and is the equivilant to Princesses of Kingdoms. The term is also taken from Morocco's indigenous (not national) language Tamazight of which there a three branches: Chelha, (Tachelhit) High Atlas, Rifi (Tarifit) Riff Mountains and Amazigh (Tamazight) Middle Atlas

The other term Shrifia when only used in the Amazighy context, refers to the most ancient of Moroccan Royal Amazighy Households from whom all including the Alaouites originated. When used in this context Shrifia is Higher than Lalla.

Moulay : Tamazight for Emperor, the Arab Equivelant is Sultan
Lalla : Tamazight for Lady and Princess, Arab equivilant is Amira
Shrifia

When Morocco proclaimed itself an Arab Country after orbtaining independance from the French in 1956, then they added the Arabic Terms in front of the Amazighy ones (so as to combine the two cultures).

Present Form: HRH Amira Lalla Salma.
Ancient Form: Shrifia Lalla Salma

Hope this helps,

Abdel Noor
Thank you for the useful explanation Abdel Noor.:flowers: Nice to meet you, too.

the couple yesterday at end of generations of peace camp;
ÌÑíÏÉ ÇáÑÃí
I was looking for better pics to figure out her outfit ....

They seem to make a great team, as well as a couple. That's good for their marraige. When it comes to her style, she may not be doing her best. She is young and pretty, but she should create a more characteristic fashion style. For example, while I am window shopping, I sometimes find myself saying 'Oh that's a Queen Raina dress.':D Princess Sarah should enjoy her young age more. :flowers:

Hi Martha!

The Article says that HRH Princess Sarah (nee Sarah Karima Bassam Qabbani) graduated in 2000 from AUC with a BA in Journalism and Mass Communications.

Judging from that info and the fact that she's from a conservative family (movements are monitored to ensure retention of her good reputation) so she should be 31 going on 32. Then the article describes the wedding, engagement announcement, respective education, prior marriage, business commissions and respective Jordanian Olympic Committee work and that her family live in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Oh and that Her Father is Lebanese and Her Mother is Egyptian.

I tried to search for more info but the Jordanian Media are keeping a tight lid on this due to the aforementioned reasons.

Hope this helps. :flowers:

How old Sara is?

Agree looks pretty here without make up

Thank you,Huda. I loved the third and the forth pics. They are so natural and happy. The last pic is also very nice. I agree that Her Highness should be more light handed with make up. Heavy make up always makes young women look older.

its intersting to see Princess Sara getting involved more and more and so fast in differnt engagement.
i think she looks cute in this photo.

its intersting to see Princess Sara getting involved more and more and so fast in differnt engagement.
i think she looks cute in this photo.

I couldn't agree more, she does look cute. They look good together. Princess Sarah has been a real support for Prince Feisal in sports at the national and international level as well as in other fields. I am glad that they are a 'working' couple with similar passions. I wish them both the best!:flowers:

As this is the current events thread for Prince Faisal and Princess Sara, all Off topic posts about Prince Faisal marriage to Princess Alia have been deleted.

Zonk
Jordan Forums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom