Prince Daniel's Background (Family, Education etc.)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hedvig Blom Söderström's husband Victor Söderström has given a large interview to SportExpressen. Only a small part of the interview is free for everyone.

Victor started and finished last season in NHL at Arizona Coyotes. In between he played at Arizona's farm team Tucson Roadrunners. Coyotes has now a place of defenseman open for the 20-year-old Swedish talent and Victor says he is ready to take it.
- I met our general manager Bill Armstrong, when I came here and he said that they have a place open for me in the team. So now it is in my own hands to take it, says Victor.
”Nu ligger det i mina händer att ta platsen”

Who were the forest finns? - Conversation with the ethnologist Antti Metsänkylä
"Forest Finnish sounds strange to our Finnish ears"
We have heard that there are family ties to the forest fins even at the Swedish royal court today. Is that correct? Briefly explain the connections.
Yes, the Swedish Crown Princess Victoria is married to Daniel Westling and he comes from a Forest Finns clan. His father Olle Westling researched the history of its origins and found forest Finnish ancestors. So we can say that even a quarter of the family inheritance of the descendants of Victoria and Daniel - Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar - is forest Finnish.
Olle Westling has actively participated in the activities of a number of Finnish forest organizations. That's why I got the idea to contact him when I was preparing the exhibition on Forest Finns at the National Museum of Finland.
I asked him if he wanted to officially open the exhibition. I heard him speak once, a few years earlier, and I knew he was a good speaker. He immediately replied in the affirmative.
We had the opening of the exhibition in November 2014. He took the task very seriously, he wanted to familiarize himself with the materials of the exhibition at an early stage, and in the end his speech was a thorough lecture about Forest Finns. Really a successful opening of the exhibition!
Wer waren die Waldfinnen_ _ NORDISCH.info

Olle Westling, Anna Westling Söderström and her husband Mikael Westling Söderström drove Valborundan, a race for veteran motorcycles, on Ascension Day.
Olle Westling drove Dneper Mt 10-36 from 1983 and was 45th, Mikael Westling Söderström drove Suzuki DR from 1981 and was 100th and Anna Westling Söderström drove Husqvarna 282 Silverpil from 1960 and was 111th. 130 drivers are registered at the results.
This was the 39th Valborundan in a row, after a break of two years due to the pandemic. Valborundan is always organized on the Ascension Day and has a course and controls with both easy and very difficult questions. It is a tradition to Olle Westling, and Anna and Mikael have also driven it before.
Valborundan 2022 _ MCHK Gävleborg

Hedvig Blom Söderström's husband Victor Söderström at NHL game Arizona Coyotes - Chicago Blackhawks, 28th February.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=CBev2T3f84ukX2T5xdscVpx2KknimlcVnt3ypSg7URE=

At the game Arizona Coyotes - Dallas Stars, 1st March.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=R9gOuMj3a2hJwmRiJrmEFX219mlplgPf4AHMO3Tbduk=

At the game Arizona Coyotes - Carolina Hurricanes, 3rd March.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=5AKNlDZpvQ5UeEOepHv0uuTvrZpruBpAd9Mzu7Voruk=
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=pPDoHuUFyOKqKqAfmkqP7uC4N_7apkRQYOo220Q7EoE=

At the game Arizona Coyotes - New Jersey Devils, 5th March.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=GgPKS6zEa3hr936lFXt0ViY41npkJlGi20rO5Qry_Dk=

Daniel's second cousin, former alpine skier, olympic champion Frida Hansdotter and her partner Richard Jansson got their second child a week ago. They have a three-year-old son.
https://www.instagram.com/hansdotterfrida/p/C15GO8gNvJz/?hl=fi

Frida Hansdotter ended her career in 2019 and was chosen to the International Olympic Committee (IOC)’s Athletes’ Commission (AC), for a term ending at the Olympic Winter Games 2030, by the athletes at the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022.

Hedvig Blom Söderström and her husband Victor Söderström had their second wedding in the end of June in Tuscany. They got married in 2021.

Victor was interviewed in June by Upsala Nya Tidning.
After another season away in North America, Victor Söderström has returned to this side of the Atlantic so that he and his wife Hedvig Blom Söderström can spend the summer in Sweden. The 23-year-old back is originally from Skutskär but took the step over to the USA ahead of the 2020/21 season. There he has commuted between games with the Arizona Coyotes in the NHL and the farm team Tucson Roadrunners

Hedvig Blom Söderström and her husband Victor Söderström had their second wedding in the end of June in Tuscany. They got married in 2021.
Second wedding? I assume the 2021 was the official one? Was the first a civil wedding and it this the religious one? Or was the first one rather small due to Covid and is this just a wedding celebration for a larger group of people?

Second wedding? I assume the 2021 was the official one? Was the first a civil wedding and it this the religious one? Or was the first one rather small due to Covid and is this just a wedding celebration for a larger group of people?

Yes, I think that first one was very small due to Covid. No news in the media about it. So this was a wedding celebration for a larger group of people.

Svensk Damtidning writes that according to their information, the entire crown princess family was in Tuscany to celebrate Hedvig and Victor's wedding.
Margareta Thorgren says that when it comes to their private summer holiday, the court doesn't comment.
On June 19, 2021, Hedvig and Victor had a civil wedding with S-politician Marie Centerwall from Kilafors as officiant. It was during the pandemic, now Hedvig and Victor got the chance to celebrate love once more and they chose to have their wedding weekend in Italian Tuscany.
Pictures that one of the guests has posted on Instagram show that the bride and groom rented the exclusive Villa Catignano: A magically beautiful country estate just outside Siena, where the wedding festivities took place without the news reaching the media in Sweden.

How lovely that the family was able to celebrate privately.

Expressen writes about Hedvig and Victor's wedding three-day-wedding at the beautiful Villa Catignano in Tuscany. The article has two fantastic videos/slide shows which I have been watching for some weeks already having found them in internet.

Wedding coordinator Linda Jostler tells:
- It really was a magical wedding. We started planning already at the end of 2021. They are a fantastic couple, with such positive energy and joy that they spread around them. When I found out that the crown princess and her family were invited, of course it felt very funny. But I put it aside quite quickly, because the focus was obviously on the bride and groom. Villa Catignano has exactly the rustic, romantic, genuine thing that was important to Hedvig and Victor, and they immediately fell in love with this villa.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that the wedding coordinator seemed surprised that the bride's uncle and his family would attend her wedding...

Hedvig Blom Söderström and her husband Victor Söderström return home to Sweden. After having played 53 NHL-matches in Arizona Coyotes and mostly in Arizona's farm team Tucson Roadrunners Victor made a two-year deal with Brynäs IF and is expected to be ready for Saturday's premiere in Linköping.

Brynäs IF can announce that the 23-year-old defender Victor Söderström is coming home to the club after four seasons with the Arizona Coyotes. He now returns home to Gävle and Brynäs IF for games over the next two years.
- It feels incredibly inspiring to be able to come home and play in Brynäs again. Brynäs IF means a lot to me and I want to be a part of the situation it is in now. What has been built up here in recent years and everything around feels fantastic. I'm looking forward to the season and to playing in front of all the fans of Brynäs again. I am here to contribute and make a difference, Victor says.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that the wedding coordinator seemed surprised that the bride's uncle and his family would attend her wedding...
Neither the bride nor groom is particularly well-known by the public and few know that Hedvig is the niece of Prince Daniel.

Victor Söderström joining Brynäs IF means that he leaves USA after four seasons, he mainly played in the AHL. It will be a lot of fun to play near all the fans in Gävle and live close to friends and family again. The decision has grown over time and became relevant when his AHL club Tucson Roadrunners changed owners and NHL club Arizona Coyotes moved to Salt Lake City. To be able to come home to Brynäs, where he loves to play and at the same time get a fresh start. He doesn't feel it's a a failure to return, his goal is and always will be to play in NHL, but sometimes you can get stuck in a club there and then it might be good to do something else. You don't go there to play in AHL, but to be in NHL. His goal is still to go to NHL again.
(..)

Brynäs IF's home arena is Gävlerinken Arena in Gävle, where Hedvig's mother Anna lives with husband Mikael and Hedvig's sister Vera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom