Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia's Current Events Part 1: June 2015 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give her a break y'all . She will never make this faux pas again. I'm sure she will make a few more . Her husband clearly is over the moon and I'm sure his parents are happy he's happy and settled . People need to give her a break & some breathing space

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Give her a break y'all . She will never make this faux pas again. I'm sure she will make a few more . Her husband clearly is over the moon and I'm sure his parents are happy he's happy and settled . People need to give her a break & some breathing space

Exactly! She makes a mistake and people are jumping up and down to grab her by her throat, figuratively speaking. Her dress is flimsy, her sash is wrinkled, she doesn't wear her orders correctly - how dare she!

The superior and authoritative feeling hanging in the atmosphere where Sofia is concerned is very sickening. There are enough royals left whom one can deify.

Last edited:

Thank you!! I remember both Mary and Marie having their RFO on the wrong side once. Marie's I'm blanking on, but Mary did have it on the right at Victoria and Daniel's Wedding instead of the left. It was both the occasion and that by that time Mary making a boo boo like that floored me is why I remember it.

Did she make a mistake? Yes. Will she do it again? No and I am certain there was quite the discussion the next day between her and someone in the Household to make certain of that. Having said that....Since the Wedding she has visited the area she is now Duchess of, as well as another mini tour of a region in Sweden wCarl-Phillip, represented TM at that Global Conference sponsored by Childhood *and* also gave her first Speech at. Factor in the events she's attended along w/her Husband and TM, plus her first Opening of Parliament and the protocol that event has w/it, then the happy news of the little one on it's way and this is her first boo boo?

It's not good, but I also think in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad either. Stuff happens. Even to the best. I forget whose Funeral it was, but didn't Prince Philip wear the wrong Order once because his Valet got the Country wrong and by the time it was discovered, it was too late?

Considering not only adjusting to her new role, but also doing so w/so many watching in the hope of something like this to happen, just so they gleefully get to rake her over the coals and she knows it too....I personally think she's done very well and all things considering, it truly is not the biggest mistake she could make. All IMO of course and yes, I do understand the importance of the Order and what it means. It's just....In this day and age I think there's far more serious mistakes Sofia could make than this.

Such as secretly being recorded dishing dirt about her new in laws for instance.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

well said. When she does something, some it precipitates to find critics, and everything is good, the hairstyle, jewellery, the dress, ....
she begins, she made mistakes, as everybody, as every new princesses, or even princesses of always.

I think people are making much ado about nothing here. It's a sash. The majority of people won't even realize it was worn incorrectly. Accidents and errors happen...people are human.

LaRae

@LadyFinn - I'm not surprised Vanitas took a swing at Sofia for the sash and orders. Spanish media has never been too kind to her before the wedding. I would have been surprised if the Swedish press criticized her for it. The press and the palace has put out that Sofia has been getting ongoing training in royal life, even receiving advice from Silvia's hovedam. Part of that training from someone of that group I presume is the correct wearing of the order and sash and the importance of it being neat. Dragging in the mistakes from other royals doesn't change the fact that Sofia made a bad showing here. This should be a wake up call for Sofia that the media will not always write Valentines to her. She became a public figure the moment she said "ja" to Carl Philip, and she will be scrutinized and criticized by the press.

I know the scrutiny comes with the role, but I personally believe we should cut her some slack. As the newcomer, she should have had someone guiding her through sash and order wearing (even if just her husband). And, as others have stated, she's going to continue to make mistakes and learn from them. I think the problem, and reason for scrutiny, only comes if she doesn't learn from her mistakes. Let's give her a chance.

@LadyFinn - I'm not surprised Vanitas took a swing at Sofia for the sash and orders. Spanish media has never been too kind to her before the wedding. I would have been surprised if the Swedish press criticized her for it. The press and the palace has put out that Sofia has been getting ongoing training in royal life, even receiving advice from Silvia's hovedam. Part of that training from someone of that group I presume is the correct wearing of the order and sash and the importance of it being neat. Dragging in the mistakes from other royals doesn't change the fact that Sofia made a bad showing here. This should be a wake up call for Sofia that the media will not always write Valentines to her. She became a public figure the moment she said "ja" to Carl Philip, and she will be scrutinized and criticized by the press.

So easy to take out a negative article and to 'forget ' everything them positive.
yesterday the same site, Vanitatis, rented its simple and sophisticated style.
Sofía Hellqvist presume de embarazo en una entrega de premios en Suecia. Noticias de Casas Reales
And as they say, letizia has also made his debut from errors.

I am OK with the article. Sofia did not anchor the sash, as a result it went askew and many royal watchers commented on it. The article was not unduly harsh and Sofia and other royals should have thick enough skin for this kind of scrutiny and "negative" press.

Several posts have been deleted as they contained personal attacks. Replies to these posts have been deleted too. Regard this post as a notification of these deletions. Please contact the Swedish moderators if you have any questions or remarks about the issue or if you want to retrieve the content of your deleted post.

Last edited:
Princess Sofia is on the Court Calendar to attend a board meeting of the Global Child Forum in Sweden in Nov. Has she been appointed to that board or is she representing the Kings?

Bunte did an article on the sash wearing as well, in which they quoted my tumblr! My german is not up to snuff, so I'm not sure on the tone of the article. But it is Bunte so...

The Prince and Princess attend the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA) annual meeting at the Concert Hall in Stockholm.

PPE

PPE Agency

Bunte did an article on the sash wearing as well, in which they quoted my tumblr! My german is not up to snuff, so I'm not sure on the tone of the article. But it is Bunte so...

They list all the things gone wrong, but say that they're not a big drama, because it's only her first time wearing a sash and order. Next time she could try again and do better and after all the sash and order faux pas are not as important as her little baby belly. The article is written in a nice tone. They don't tear her apart.

To be honest, my opinion is almost the same. She could have done better, but we shouldn't put all the blame on her. Yes, she should have had the sash ironed and stick the order at the right place, but there is only so much you can do to keep a sash from flipping over if it's not fastened securly. And tell me, how should she have secured it with a brooch at the back - like other princesses do - on her own? It's impossible. So that's what we should blame her invisible background helpers and also her husband for. And they could also have made sure the sash is ironed and where to wear the order. She didn't do perfect but it's not her fault alone.

Last edited:
Is she wearing denim? She probably could have dressed up a bit more.

It's probably a color that looks like denim. For a board meeting this is perfectly neat, she isn't one for much bling bling.

Yep, it looks liek denim. I don't mind the blouse, to be honest, it's just and audience. The hair looks a bit rough though!

:previous:
Thank you HP,
Sofia looks really nice in that blue dress, being a lace lady, I say you can never go to wrong with a nice lace dress. The color suits her, goes with her eyes. Now I see the hair cut that I didn't before, nice length on her. They both look so happy and it shows, I think she is good for him in many ways!:flowers:

Great color for her...and I love lace if it's done right.

LaRae

I agree. The color is great on her. She looks very pretty!

Pregnancy and a shorter hair cut seem to agree with her. Alas, I'm not fond of that color in a lace dress. Also, it seems as if she borrowed the black tights from Mette Marit :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom