Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, Prince Michael is definitely the more handsome of the two.
But then, I've always had a weak spot for Prince Michael; he is really remarkably alike Emperor Nicholas II, it's almost eerie.
As said in our part of the world, what is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh.;)

Two more Wimbledon pics, one from last week and one from
yesterday:

Princess Michael of Kent watches Maria Sharapova of Russia and
Gisela Dulko of Argentina in their second round singles match at
Wimbledon, Wednesday, June 24, 2009.

----> Pic

HRH Princess Michael of Kent with her son Frederick and his fiancee,
actress Sophie Winkleman, in the Royal Box to watch the Men's Singles
semi-final between A. Murray and A. Roddick on Centre Court at the
2009 Wimbledon Tennis Championships at the All England Club, London,
UK. July 3, 2009

-----> Pic

Pics 5.7.209

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Wimbledon
Tennis Championships, London, Britain, July 5, 2009.
(the caption of the second pic says July 4th, but that's
a mistake)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for the pictures! I like her new Jackie-O.-Style-sunglasses. Years ago she had this golden Dior-sunglasses - great :cool:

And yes, she seems to be very interested in tennis. I saw pics, in which she herself played Tennis.

I Wish their children were HRH Or at leat H.H. Is it true they were married twice!

I Wish their children were HRH Or at leat H.H. Is it true they were married twice!

Yes, thats true. Their first marriage was only a civil marriage, because Princess Michael is a catholic, so they didn't found a church to marry in. A couple of years later they were allowed to marry in a church, so they did it again.
;)

Pics 14.7.2009

HRH Prince Michael of Kent and HRH Princess Michael of
Kent attending Lady Annabel Goldsmith's Summer Party
in Ham, London, July 14, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Hi,

She looks wonderful, but he should trim that horrible white beard or better yet, get rid of it... Ugh!! :eek:

Larry

:previous:

I agree on one side, she looks beautiful as always (very red :D). But he has always looked quite odd without his beard (though I always found him handsome). I really don't think he would look better without it - especially because his hair on the head has become so rare :whistling:

Vecchiolarry said:
<...> She looks wonderful, but he should trim that horrible white beard or better yet, get rid of it... Ugh!! <...>

I must disagree: I think Prince Michael looks wonderful with the beard. And I simply cannot imagine him without the beard; it would be, well, weird
Princess Michael looks characteristically beautiful.

Prince and Princess Michael looked wonderful as usually. I have to say that Princess Michael effortlessly pulls off very big pieces of jewellery.

HRH Prince Michael of Kent and HRH Princess Michael of
Kent attending Lady Annabel Goldsmith's Summer Party
in Ham, London, July 14, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Michael certainly has the personality to carry off the red ensemble with style. However, IMO,she could do with styling her hair a bit better than she had it that evening.

Without the beard, he looks "weak chinned." You can see him without it at the time of his marriage. He looks much better with it!:flowers:

Hi,

She looks wonderful, but he should trim that horrible white beard or better yet, get rid of it... Ugh!! :eek:

Larry

Hi,

Well, what can I say - I dislike beards...
I think men look younger and more cleanly without them.
I suggest that if he wants to keep a beard and because he looks weak chinned without one, that he trim it up from that scraggly looking mess on his face.

Too bad he can't transfer some of it to the top of his head!! :ohmy: :lol:

Larry

Men who have lots of hair in their beards and on their bodies tend to have less uptop. Maybe it's a way of compensating. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder William grew that beard at Christmas! :lol:

Seriously, I liked William's beard and I like Prince Michael's. I think it lends an air of gravitas.

I suspect that it was Princess Michael's idea for him to grow a beard, she has amazingly good taste, and it was a good change for his image, and makes him look more royal. The fact is, he didn't have one prior to his marriage.

Pics 18.7.2009

Royal patron Princess Michael of Kent speaks at the Sparks
CHARM (Childhood Arthritis Response to Medication) Study
day, held at Goodenough College, London, July 18, 2009.

The aim of the study is to find out why some children respond
better to their medication than others. Around 30 families
affected by childhood arthritis attended the day.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

The pics are great. The Princess looks so warm and friendly in them and SPARKS is such a worthy charity that it's a pity engagements like this don't feature more in the press. But then the papers wouldn't dream of showing her acually doing something good now would they?

I agree with everything. Such cute pictures, thank you. :) And its really an important charity.

With the Queen about to begin charging them £120,000 a year to rent their apartment at Kensington Palace, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent look as if they are about to take a major hit to their income at the worst possible time.

Princess Michael of Kent risks being another statistic of the recession - Telegraph

Princess Michael of Kent faces losing her job at the 'Harrods of antiques' after the firm went into administration.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ique-dealer-employer-falls-victim-crunch.html

She also writes historical novels and worked as a interior decorator before her marriage.

I've read all three of her books ("Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides", "Cupid and the King" and "The Serpent and The Moon: Two Rivals for the Love of a Renaissance King") and found her style of writing very interesting and engaging. I hope she considers adding a fourth book to her bibliography soon enough.

I have read them as well and enjoyed it :) I think she is now working on a book about Elizabeth Stuart, a granddaughter of Mary Stuart and known as the "Winter Queen", but I'm not sure about it. More information about it you can find in an interview from fall 2004: Barnes*&*Noble.com - Her Royal Highness, Princess Michael of Kent - Books: Meet the Writers

This interview is also interesting because she's been asked about her favourite books, music and movies etc. in it.

Thank you for the link to the interview, Dierna23! :flowers:
I am surprised to discover that the Princess and I share not only our preference in books (and she mentioned some of my most favourite ones), but also in music (Wagner's Ring Cycle is one of my all-time favourites), movies and, of course, love for History.

I should really like to read a well-researched book about Elizabeth Stuart: she had an interesting and eventful life and with Princess Michaels' gift of writing, I'm sure it will be a fascinating read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom