Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marius' friends who were at the cabin when he was arrested:
- 38-year-old man, previously convicted of money laundering and possession of 56 grams of cocaine. He is also charged in a new major drug case. He will shortly be serving the sentence of 11 months he received this summer.
- Man in his 30s, the son of the business leader who owns the cabin. Is unpunished in Norway. But he has dealt with the courts in a bankruptcy case and another minor civil case.
- Man in his 30s from Drammen, pictured on social media with several national football team players, a friend of a former ski star. Unpunished in Norway. Has a conviction for a minor case of drug trafficking in Sweden in 2017.
(..)

At 15.37 on Sunday 4 August, the police contacted Marius and 33 minutes later they met him at Jansløkka school. There they arrested him and confiscated his mobile phone. But the mobile phone was in a state that made it difficult for the police to secure its contents, it was broken, unscrewed and missing a SIM card, according to VG's information.
The search warrant only applied to Marius' mobile phone, so the police didn't search Skaugum.
VG has repeatedly tried to get a comment from Marius' lawyer, Øyvind Bratlien, who hasn't responded to the inquiries. The police hasn't answered either.

Last week TV 2 wrote that the police received the go-ahead to search at Skaugum.
On Wednesday 11 September the police went to the Oslo District Court and asked for permission to search the house Marius lives. The court has refused to give the media access to its decision, but according to TV 2, the police were fully in favor. Judge Eirik Aas ruled that there were reasonable grounds to suspect Marius of violence in close relationships, and that the police could therefore search to look for evidence.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did Marius kill his phone?
Surely he is not involved in anything shady, right?
And surely he wish to cooporate fully with the police?
I cannot imagine there is anything on his phone that he cannot show the police...

So after a whole month, the police finally decided to get a search warrant for Skaugum.
What are the odds that they found anything really incriminating?
Like I said in a previous post, he is still being shielded.
And if I can reach that conclusion at least half of all Norwegians must think the same.

And if I can reach that conclusion at least half of all Norwegians must think the same.

Yes, it seems so.
But the police didn't search Skaugum, because they found out that Marius was at the cabin.

The third victim's lawyer Mette Yvonne Larsen confirms to Aftenposten that new violations of the restraining order against her client are under investigation.
Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszweski in an e-mail to Aftenposten:
- We make ongoing assessments of various information we receive.
Marius' lawyer Øyvind Bratlien comments that the aid lawyers have taken a bigger and bigger place in criminal cases. Their role is really narrow and peripheral. In general, he thinks it is reasonable if the aid lawyers show strong restraint in their dealings with the media, especially in an early phase. In the worst case, they contribute to massive prejudgment and incorrect results.

Last edited:
Why did Marius kill his phone?
Surely he is not involved in anything shady, right?
And surely he wish to cooporate fully with the police?
I cannot imagine there is anything on his phone that he cannot show the police...

So after a whole month, the police finally decided to get a search warrant for Skaugum.
What are the odds that they found anything really incriminating?
I wonder if his advisors told him to destroy the phone or if he threw a temper tantrum when he heard he would be arrested and slammed it into a wall or something.

Back
Top Bottom