Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) 1: Sept 2003-Nov 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, when you fall in love and marry someone that loves you too, that's not being dissapointed, is having all the luck in the world.

Last edited:
Summer holidays

Where Luis Alfonso and his wife will spend their summer holidays this year? Will they be in Spain?

Why didn't Luis Alfonso attend his mother's wedding?

Nobody knows the real reason, but many spanish jornalists says the the reason is that Luis Alfonso doesn´t approve his mother beahaviour and he doesn´t accept as well her marriage with a much younger man

Few weeks ago I heard that Margarita is in pregnant. Any confirmations about that?

I tried to find news using the names of the couple and could not track down anything recent, either in English or Spanish. But I did find some delicious gossip from 2005 on the poor conduct shown by Luis Alfonso's mother toward his wife and her fellow cariocas (as in people from Venezuela or Caracas, Venezuela), sorry that is in english:
http://www.gentiuno.com/articulo.asp?articulo=2904

Luis Alfonso de Bourbon (Louis XX for his supporters) and his wife are expecting their first child: Maria Margarita is due in spring 2007. Source Hola who quotes a press release from the couple.

Luis Alfonso de Borbón and his wife Maria Margarita Vargas will be parents next spring of their first son. The pair, that lives in Venezuela, wanted to present the news through a sent official notice Efe agency. He was Luis Alfonso who, from Caracas, was put in telephone contact with the mentioned agency saying: “The Dukes of Anjou have the pleasure and the joy to communicate that they wait for the birth of his first son for the next spring”.

www.hola.com

[FONT=Verdana,]Prinz Luis Alfonso Gonzalo von Bourbon, Borbon mit Frau Maria Margarita Vargas Santaella beim Koncert in Anjou, in der Cathedral d' Angers
from seeger

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,]Emmanuela de Dampierre, Prinz Luis Alfonso Gonzalo von Boubon, Borbon mit Frau Maria Margarita Vargas Santaella vor der Cathedral Saint-Louis bei der Messe für verstorbene Soldaten in Paris.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,]from seeger

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing I recall reading about their wedding was the fuss his mother made about the Spanish Royal Family not attending or replying to the invitation. To not invite his supporters of his claim on the French "Throne" to the wedding is a slap in their face (as is marrying across the Atlantic and not in Spain or France). He should distance himself from his mother if she is going to act in a trashy manner unbecoming to an alleged heir to the throne.

Point de Vue and other reports stated that his mother made a big fuss over the seating arrangements during the reception (along with other things she was unhappy with!).
It must have been rather embarassing for LA as the reception was held at one of his bride's father's properties. I wonder if she has ever been invited back? :lol:

From what I have read in Hola and Point de Vue she seems to be a very egocentric, rather immature, woman. Does anyone know if she has a substance abuse problem or other issues or just a narcissistic personality?

Carmen Martinez Bordiú is simply a woman who always has done what has wanted, and continues doing it. Recently she has married for third time, and now she devotes herself to dance in a program of television, grants many interview to the magazines. Always she has been an a bit special woman, but nothing more.

Luis Alfonso was raised by his grandmother more than his mother, but he is the first one that knows perfectly like she is his mother, and till now he had not had problems with it. Before his wedding, he did not have problems in appearing with his mother and his grandmother in an article, in which he was posing in places related to his life, included any polemic place related to his great-grandfather Franco.

What the Spanish journalists say is that now to appear with his mother he is not interested. His mother is a liberal woman, who does what wants without importing anything for her ... and it now does not please to the rich and conservative family of the wife of Luis Alfonso. Carmen Martinez Bordiu has married for third time, her son was not present at the wedding, and neither he knows the new husband of his mother; even it seems there is moving away from Cinthia, his sister.

He has the title, the Vargas the money; and now he prefers appearing to the world as the Duke of Anjou, with plane deprived with included shield. His mother does not agree very much with this image.

Which grandmother was he raised by -- is her name something like Emanuelle Dampierre?

Emily said:
Which grandmother was he raised by -- is her name something like Emanuelle Dampierre?

Yes. She is Emmanuelle de Dampierre; her mother was a Ruspoli princess and her father a roman/papal duke.

Yes. She was the Duchess of Segovia and her family is from the old aristocracy:
Emanuela de Dampierre (Born 8 November 1913 Rome) daughter of Roger de Dampierre, Duke of San Lorenzo and Donna Vittoria Ruspoli.

Here is more on the Dampierre family Maison de Dampierre. Emanuela Dampierre is listed almost at the very end when you scroll down the link.

I just found a nice genealogical link where I got the above information, It lists her and many other Bourbons we don't hear about, but I'll place it in the Genealogy sub forum under the links for The Orleans Family (France) and their relations...

ps. Danielane, I think we posted at the same time! :)

Last edited:
Thank you for this confirmation. I just read an article about Luis Alfonso and Margarita Vargas and there was a photo of them in a mass with his grandmother. I take it they have a close relationship.

Well, I am just happy that LA seems to be well-adjusted and happy now, especially considering his past-his brother's & father's death, his parents divorce...Someone must have had a stable influence in his upbringing and he must also be a very very strong person.
And he doesn't go by Duke of Cadiz anymore? B/c that's what his father was right?

No, the King took that title back since it belongs to the Crown. Think of the British titles that are recycled through generations given to different individuals but not passed from father to child. Same thing in Spain.
The King could give him a permanent title to pass to his children but I doubt that will happen. Too much family bad blood between the two bands of Bourbon cousins.

I'm glad he and his wife are starting a family, and I hope is a big one. Luis Alfonso's short life has been one tragedy after another one.

Maybe that explains why he always seems to have a "scowl" on his face... always pouting. I don't know... he doesn't seem to have a very nice demeanor. His new wife is always smiling and seems cheerful. Maybe she'll make him smile a little more too.

According to Carmen Franco (Luis Alfonso's grandmother), the baby will be a girl. She stated this to Hola.

A little girl-how sweet! Still think LA is very handsome (especially with a beard!) so maybe the new baby will make him smile more.:)

Awwwwwwww how sweet!:wub: Maria Margarita looks wonderfully cute and happy. Very nice, nice pictures (love LA's smile!):flowers:

Is Luis Alfonso de Borbón Luis XX of France?

Baby girl for Luis Alfonso de Borbon and Margarita

LUIS ALFONSO OF BORBÓN AND MARGARITA DE VARGAS SANTAELLA HAS BEEN PARENTS OF GIRL that will receive the name of Eugenia, arrived at the world in a clinic from Florida

6 MARCH 2007
Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Margarita de Vargas Santaella has been parents of a girl, according to informed the own Duke into Anjou to the agency of the news EFE. The small one, to that they will put by Eugenia name, was born in Florida, the United States, to six of afternoon (in Spain it was already midnight).
The first daughter of the marriage, that was born by means of Caesarean, weighed 3,700 grams and measured 52 centimeters. He himself Luis Alfonso called to this agency to inform into the happy news. As much the mother as the girl is in perfect state of health.

LUIS ALFONSO DE BORBÓN Y MARGARITA DE VARGAS SANTAELLA HAN SIDO PADRES DE UNA NIÑA

Congratulations to the family hopefully we will see pictures of the tot! I loved the name and I'm glad to hear they are all well. Would she be the claimant to the throne after her father or do they only accept male heirs like in Japan? Eugenia has a lovely link ot her Spanish family. I wonder if there will be middle names?

For the French claimants, I think it's only males.

Congrats :) Eugenia is such a pretty name, a nod to LA's great-grandmother, Queen Victoria Eugenie perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom