King Felipe's Ex-Girlfriends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oops, I forgot the pic =)
here it is :

Attachments

• CAF45FRZ.jpg
    CAF45FRZ.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 344
Hi Yennie!

I had read in the gossip mags that he had been seeing Anna, but the press seems more interested now in trying to pair him back up with Eva... ;)

What is going on with this constant infatuation with Eva on the part of the press? It seems that this young woman and photographs and articles about her simply will not go away. Is she the press' favorite royal ex-girlfriend or what? :blink:

text and picture from www.ibl.se

04/07/2003. Diana Martinez Bordiu Aznar rumoured to be romantically involved with Prince Felipe. Diana Martinez Bordiu Aznar, 22, student of English Filology and granddaughter of Andres Martinez Bordiu (brother of Cristobal Martinez Bordiu, who married Carmen Franco Polo, the only daughter of Franco) if rumoured to be very good friend of Prince Felipe. The Spanish journalist Jaime Penafiel started the rumours of a possible romantic relation between Crownprince Felipe and Diana Martinez Bordiu. She made no comments on the rumours.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 534
prince felipe denied that there was anything more than a mutual friendship between them. they have shared friends and shared interestes which is why they know one another. felipe denied this himself in abc (spanish newspaper) on april 9th. the palace has also denied it too. so it looks like he is still single for now!!!

Even if there is something more serious going on between Felipe and this woman I doubt that either Felipe or the Royal Palace would actually confirm it until there was an engagement. Or at least they have been dating for a while.

Remember how adamant the Royal Palace was in denying Cristina and Inaki's romance? I think it was the day before or a couple of days before the engagement was announced and Pilar, one of the King's sisters, was asked by reporters to confirm that Cristina was dating Inaki and she said that she was unaware of any romantic relationship between them. Just that they were friends. Then a few days later, an engagement was announced!

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 11th, 2003 - 8:45 am
Even if there is something more serious going on between Felipe and this woman I doubt that either Felipe or the Royal Palace would actually confirm it until there was an engagement. Or at least they have been dating for a while.

Remember how adamant the Royal Palace was in denying Cristina and Inaki's romance? I think it was the day before or a couple of days before the engagement was announced and Pilar, one of the King's sisters, was asked by reporters to confirm that Cristina was dating Inaki and she said that she was unaware of any romantic relationship between them. Just that they were friends. Then a few days later, an engagement was announced!

That is not the point Alexandria.

Do you honestly think that if there was anything going on between Felipe and Diana that he would publicly deny it himself - not a spokeman of the Royal Palace but Felipe himself (see www.abc.es), something which has never happened before (You could also try his unofficial website at www.angelfire.com/dc/felipe) in a reputed and respected newspaper. The Royal Palace has also denied it as well.

Another thing Pilar (the king's sister) may not have known what was going on I mean do you know every intimate detail of your relatives (even if you are a close knit family)? I think not.

When Felipe was dating Eva Sannum and the press kept badgering the Zarzuela Palace spokesperson for news the spokesperson neither denied nor confirmed it and that was when nobody except extreme insiders knew Felipe was seeing Eva. Also Felipe and Diana have known one another for fifteen months. I think that is long enough for a serious relationship to grow.

I trust what the Zarzuela Palace reports. For me what they do or do not say about a subject is the end of the subject for me. I personally believe that she is a mutual friend and nothing more.

Another thing Pilar (the king's sister) may not have known what was going on I mean do you know every intimate detail of your relatives (even if you are a close knit family)? I think not.
Hi rattie21,

Just to comment on your statement regarding Pilar knowing whether or not Cristina and Inaki were engaged. I think that Pilar would certainly have been aware of a (romantic) relationship - though I concede not necessarily an engagement - between Cristina and Inaki. Though it was a very whirlwind romance, Pilar would have most certainly spoken to the King or the Queen or even Cristina herself and would've have known about the romance. Or Cristina could've mentioned the romance to Pilar's children, Cristina's cousins who would've mentioned it to their mother. Or she would've met Inaki during his romance with Cristina.

Whether or not the Spanish royals are a close knit extended family, I don't know. But certainly if the King and Queen were to announce the engagement of their youngest daughter to one of the country's popular handball players, her aunt would certainly know before it was publicly announced to the press and media, even if it was just a few hours in advance.

Cheers!

Alexandria

yes but she may not have been aware that a relationship was going on and / or christina may have asked pilar and the rest of the royal family to keep it quiet until the announcement of the official engagement was released a few days later. that i can understand.

But that is sort of my point, rattie21. Perhaps the Royal Palace or family or friends of Cristina and Inaki knew at the time of their relationship (and engagement) but kept it a secret at their request until an official announcement was made. Perhaps that is the case with Felipe and Diana.

I will admit that there have been a lot of false rumors of engagements and relationships linking Felipe to a bevy of young ladies he has been seen with, all to no avail. This has been the case with many of the Crown Princes. But perhaps those in their intimate circles know better and have just chosen to keep things under wraps for now.

Who knows, time will tell, right?

alexandra.

with christina and inaki yes i agree with you on that point but with felipe and diana no i do not.

Felipe himself denied it very publicly with an interview with abc newspaper. that interview signifies two things that have never happened before. firstly felipe giving an interview on an occassion other than his birthday and secondly felipe personally denying himself with an interview that he gave which was a decision that felipe made himself that he is in a relationship with someone. not a friend of felipe's, not a family member of felipe's not a palace spokesperson but felipe and felipe himself alone. it was in the printed edition of abc newspaper on april 9th. that in my opinion is the end of the subject.

if there was anything other than a friendship between felipe and diana i doubt that he would so publicly deny it himself.

Okie dokie! I kind of agree with Alexandria. Let's just wait this one out. ;)

Eva not being a Roman Catholic or of Royal or Noble blood doesn't matter. As HM Queen Sophia was not a Roman Catholic when she was dating the then Prince Juan Carlos. There is no rule that says Felipe has to marry a Royal or noble blooded woman either.

No, being not being a Roman Catholic doesn't matter but it certainly helps. If I remember correctly Queen Sofia (Jacqueline, Sylvia???) preferred that Felipe find a woman of noble or royal blood not that it was necessary but that she preferred this. If I am wrong I stand corrected.

Julia, I remember things as you do, too. Queen Sofia would prefer that Felipe marry someone of royal blood or nobility. Not sure if it's because she thinks it will make the woman's life easier if she comes from a background that understands the expectations of royal life - espescially that of a future queen consort. But at least she will definitely have the proper breeding and manners and class expected of a future queen.

And I think Sofia didn't want a commoner in the role who may speak to the press out of turn or do things that may embarass the royal family. As I've read repeatedly, Spain's royal family is relatively new having only been re-instated in the '70s and the family doesn't want to ruin all the hard work it has taken Juan Carlos and Sofia to rebuild it.

BTW, the picture from the magazine does look like it's been cropped and put together to make it seem as if they were posing together.

I don't know if Sofia really said that or not. I have only heard it on message boards on the internet. If she did say it I think it was wise of her. I think royals should marry nobles or at least people in their class. They need people who know what they're doing and where they come from. An example is Princess Mathilde of Belgium. She is perfect for her role. Felipe needs someone like her. She does have two unmarried sisters. :p

i think that it is most important that felipe is in love with the woman he marries first and foremost not whether if she is royal or noble.

Yes, it is important that he love her. I think if most of these royals were in love to begin with they wouldn't have had affairs; but I think they could learn to love each other if they had an arranged marriage. If they have enough committment to each other and determine not to go elsewhere they can and will survive. Love is a choice. Feelings may not be a choice, but love is.

Originally posted by samitude@Apr 15th, 2003 - 10:38 am
Yes, it is important that he love her. I think if most of these royals were in love to begin with they wouldn't have had affairs; but I think they could learn to love each other if they had an arranged marriage. If they have enough committment to each other and determine not to go elsewhere they can and will survive. Love is a choice. Feelings may not be a choice, but love is.
you only have to look at felipe's parents juan carlos and sofia to see that your theory is not true. juan carlos and sofia are comitted to one another professionally and not personally as juan carlos has had many affairs and many mistresses. it was reported in 1995 that sofia and the three children were going to leave juan carlos because of his infidelity but they were intercepted by royal guards. juan carlos and sofia are respected by one another and they probably care for one another but they are friends and nothing more. i think that it is incredibly important if you are going to get married to love one another and if you do not then do not get married.

juan carlos and sofia are respected by one another and they probably care for one another but they are friends and nothing more.

Can you say with absolute certainty that Juan Carlos and Sophia don't love each other? Do they not love each other because he had affairs? Do they not love each other because Sophia wanted to leave him because of his affairs? Can love be that neatly and clearly defined?

Do you think it is possible that they only two people who really know if they love each other is Juan Carlos and Sophia? It is always a mistake to 2nd guess the love of married couples; appearances can be deceiving. :heart:

Originally posted by thissal@Apr 15th, 2003 - 12:34 pm
juan carlos and sofia are respected by one another and they probably care for one another but they are friends and nothing more.

Can you say with absolute certainty that Juan Carlos and Sophia don't love each other? Do they not love each other because he had affairs? Do they not love each other because Sophia wanted to leave him because of his affairs? Can love be that neatly and clearly defined?

Do you think it is possible that they only two people who really know if they love each other is Juan Carlos and Sophia? It is always a mistake to 2nd guess the love of married couples; appearances can be deceiving. :heart:
i did not say they did not love one another. i said they are not in love two different things. and you need both for a proper marriage in my opinion.

I find surprising that no one has mentioned the campaign made by some members of the Spanish aristocracy against Eva. There were articles in newspapers and magazines expressing the reasons why Eva wasn't fit to be Queen.
If you can read the language, the man on the bottom of the page was very happy when Felipe announced the end of the relationship (that's part of what he said to this site) and so were others: Que Me Dices

Of course the lingerie pictures didn't help either, and the dress she wore to the royal wedding in Norway didn't please some ppl that said it showed too much :rolleyes:

One last thing I remember a tv program were, when the break up was announced, the presenter said that the important thing was that the next queen would be spanish and everyone cheered...

Wow! I didn't know JC cheated on Sofia! I'm glad they got over that crisis. Who'd he cheat with?

so, what do you guys think about this Diana issue? Didn't Felipe deny his relationship with Eva too in the beginning? Any chance he might be doing the same with this issue? I can't imagine him falling for someone so young though unless she was incredibly mature for her age.

Originally posted by curious@Apr 20th, 2003 - 11:39 pm
Wow! I didn't know JC cheated on Sofia! I'm glad they got over that crisis. Who'd he cheat with? 

so, what do you guys think about this Diana issue? Didn't Felipe deny his relationship with Eva too in the beginning? Any chance he might be doing the same with this issue? I can't imagine him falling for someone so young though unless she was incredibly mature for her age.
well for a start JC was rumoured to have had an affair with Diana, Princess Of Wales. Do not ask me whom started it because I do not know. Diana waa never the saint that everyone painted her out to be.

As for Felipe and Diana. With regards to Eva technically it was denied by Felipe because he did not say anything to anyone. However I doubt that Felipe would so publicly deny having a relationship with someone if he was secretly dating someone. IMHO it was a media fabrication either by the press or by Diana herself. He did a personal interview in the pro monarchist Spanish newspaper ABC in which he personally denied it himself. He said there was nothing but mutual friendship between them.

Hopes that answers your questions Curious.

Originally posted by Julia@Apr 15th, 2003 - 4:40 am
No, being not being a Roman Catholic doesn't matter but it certainly helps. If I remember correctly Queen Sofia (Jacqueline, Sylvia???) preferred that Felipe find a woman of noble or royal blood not that it was necessary but that she preferred this. If I am wrong I stand corrected.
Hi Julia and everyone!

Julia, I remeber as well that Queen Sofia was rumored to have stated that she would prefer that Felipe marry someone who was already a royal or a member of the nobility. I don't think that Her Majesty was being a snob in this case, but I think that she is thinking of her son and the expectations of the people of Spain. When it comes to their monarchy, it appears to me (IMO) that the people of Spain are fairly conservative and they expect their royals and their spouses and associates to behave in the most decent of ways and I am sure that they would expect the same of the future Queen Spain. I think that in this case Queen Sofia was/is thinking of the acceptance and the expectations of her son's future bride. I think that if the young woman is from a royal or noble family then in the eyes of many she may be seen as more suitable and she may also be able to handle the trials and demands of public of life. However, I do believe that regardless of this young woman's pedigree, Felipe should love her. I think that they should be more than simply close friends who will eventually share children.

Well, I don't see anything wrong with being close friends with your spouse. We all love our close friends and would be willing to make great sacrifices in the name of firendship. I think that the the feeling of being "in love" is fleeting, at best. In the end, all good marriages depend on the commitment both spouses have to making it work and their ability to "evolve" with the relationship. When you're old and gray and the first flush of love fades, it's the respect and frienship you have for each other that will see you through the rough patches. Am I making sense?

Of course, there should be some sexual tension or where would those shared childred come from? =)

So, I guess I hope Prince Felipe finds someone, royal or otherwise, who will not only be able to live up to the standard Queen Sofia has set, but someone who will be his best and most devoted friend.

Well, I certainly think that spouses shoud be friends, but you certainly shouldn't commit to marrying someone if there is no spark. I don't think that everyone can expect or should expect that wonderful thunderbolt to strike them, but there should be genuine love. You should love and be in love with the person that you marry.

Also, children are not always conceived out of love or sexual tension as you put it, Curious. Personally, if I am ever to have children, I don't want them to be conceived out of sexual tension (granted I am a mere commoner whose only obligation is to strive to be a decent and good human being within the world and not have the responsibility of an entire country on my shoulders). I want them to be conceived out of love and passion not of duty or obligation, because it is what I have to do. I have no intention of marrying someone and starting a family simply because that is what married people should do. I think that far too many people get married because they want to start a family and that is just not right IMO. Of course, it is different for royals and persons of the nobility, but for a common girl like myself, I feel that you should marry someone who you love and want to spent the rest of your life with, not because you want to have children with someone. The person that you choose to spend the rest of your life with should be enough for you with or without children (moreso for us commonors ;)).

According to Spanish press and television Felipe has reportedly got a new girlfriend whom is German. If it is true I do not think it serious, more along the lines of a casual fling. Only time will tell. Remember Diana Martinez-Bordiu y Aznar?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EL PRÍNCIPE SALE DE UNA FIESTA CON UNA NUEVA AMIGA

Si hace unas semanas no se hablaba de otra cosa que de la posible relación del Príncipe Felipe con Diana Martínez-Bordiú, ahora el heredero vuelve a estar en el punto de mira de la prensa.

La prensa, de nuevo en vilo

Y es que, al parecer, Don Felipe acudió el sábado a una fiesta a divertirse y... no la abandonó solo. Dicen las malas lenguas que salió de allí acompañado de una joven, aunque nada se sabe muy bien de esta nueva amiga de Su Majestad.

La razón de que ni siquiera haya una foto es que, atención: ambos salieron en el mismo coche y... ¡tapados con una manta! Sí, como lo oyen, al estilo Julián Muñoz. En fin, todos los detalles en los videos.

Back
Top Bottom