Jewels for sale: Worthy additions to royal collections, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its the sort of tiara either of Mary or Mathilde could buy to bolster the jewel vault for their children. That said, at c£35,000, it seems quite expensive for what it is.
It would make a fine tiara for Princess Eleanor!

This one is very beautiful. I can imagine it on Eleanore. BTW much more reasonable price as well.

Another one from same auction. Quite sure the opal toppers are later additions and they don't look well. Let go of them it could be much better. And the toppers can be remade as some earrings or necklace. The Belgians should consider it 😆

Btw also from same auction, another sets on opal pendants, really delicious. 😍

This one is very beautiful. I can imagine it on Eleanore. BTW much more reasonable price as well.
Lovely. Yes, it could be put to good use by either of Mathilde or Mary for their children.

Another one from same auction. Quite sure the opal toppers are later additions and they don't look well. Let go of them it could be much better. And the toppers can be remade as some earrings or necklace. The Belgians should consider it 😆

Btw also from same auction, another sets on opal pendants, really delicious. 😍

Agreed. The tiara could be altered to have the opal toppers removable, and possibly replaced with pearls to create a really versatile tiara.

www.sothebys.com

Suite of opal and diamond pendants, circa 1900 | Royal & Noble Jewels | 2024 | Sotheby's

<p>Comprising nine graduated pendants, each set with a pear-shaped cabochon opal within a border of circular-cut diamonds, <em>fitted case stamped Eduard Foehr Stuttgart.</em></p>
www.sothebys.com
www.sothebys.com

The opal pendant suite is a useful addition as well, and could be a attached to a "minor" collet collier to create a wonderful necklace. Victoria could put it to good use, the opal and diamond elements would match well with the large opal brooch she wore last year.

• Love
Reactions: SLV
The opal pendants would also suit the "Queen Maud diamond tiara" in Norway perfectly. But they hate classical jewellery, so would never buy.

The opal pendants would also suit the "Queen Maud diamond tiara" in Norway perfectly. But they hate classical jewellery, so would never buy.
Love this idea! Opals are "difficult" stones but IA's brunette hair definitely can let them shine.

Reactions: pkl
Maybe the opals could be a second set of toppers for the Leuchtenberg Sapphire, just similar to the original pearl version on Queen Josephine.

You scared me there for a moment 😂 I know the Swedish Royal Court operates on a small budget at the moment, but i thought now they have gone totally mad if they are auctioning off the Leuchtenberg Sapphires 😂🤣

Luckily i saw two second later that it was the Tiara-mania website and not Sotheby’s 🥵😅

And i agree that opals would have been a lovely secondary option…. Unfortunately the sapphire stones can no longer be taken out of the tiara

Great ideas!

Another thought would be for Queen Aziza of Malaysia to buy it for the Lozenge Tiara, that may well have been Queen Mary's Lozenge Tiara (see conversation on the Princess Margaret jewellery thread)

Agreed. The tiara could be altered to have the opal toppers removable, and possibly replaced with pearls to create a really versatile tiara.

www.sothebys.com

Suite of opal and diamond pendants, circa 1900 | Royal & Noble Jewels | 2024 | Sotheby's

<p>Comprising nine graduated pendants, each set with a pear-shaped cabochon opal within a border of circular-cut diamonds, <em>fitted case stamped Eduard Foehr Stuttgart.</em></p>
www.sothebys.com
www.sothebys.com

The opal pendant suite is a useful addition as well, and could be a attached to a "minor" collet collier to create a wonderful necklace. Victoria could put it to good use, the opal and diamond elements would match well with the large opal brooch she wore last year.
Other items in the sale that I thought were quite nice and ones that Mathilde and Mary could both buy:

1) Emerald broochL Emerald and diamond brooch, circa 1930 | Royal & Noble Jewels | 2024 | Sotheby's

2) Opal brooches:

3) Pink sapphire & diamond brooch: Pink sapphire and diamond brooch, circa 1910 | Royal & Noble Jewels | 2024 | Sotheby's

4) Diamond brooches

5) Sapphire & diamond brooch: Sapphire and diamond brooch, circa 1890 | Royal & Noble Jewels | 2024 | Sotheby's

Back
Top Bottom