It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it had been agreed upon during the last meeting of the Commonwealth nations.

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel. What a fantastic day for them!

It was agreed to but the legislative process in the UK and the other realms still needs to take place. Governments could change, legislative priorities could change, anything could happen. It likely will happen eventually but you never know with governments. 1 less governments approval will happen with Jamaica planning to be a republic soon. Anyway, congrats to the Swedish couple even though I was hoping for a future King:flowers:

Tomorrow is an exciting day too !! The counsil with the government starts at 11 a.m tomorrow. At 11.35 a.m tomorrow there Will be a press conference in the Carl XV Hall at the Royal Palace where the Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist will reveal the names, titles and dukedom to the little Princess. The service of thanksgiving starts at 12 p.m tomorrow in the Royal Palace Church.

Maybe baby will have Beatrix (Swedish equivalent) as one of her middle names?

I am suprised that they did not have a photo op.I know she is hours old but,I want to see her! Shame that the blanket was covering her up so well!

Surely Victoria must be somekind of superhuman that she can leave the hospital so soon! I'm so happy for both Victoria and Daniel, these were amazing news to wake up to indeed. Grattis to the happy parents and their little daughter :swedenflag:

In my country,it's absolutely normal to leave hospital at the same day of giving birth by natural labour but not with c section as you have to wait at least 24hours after giving birth.I left hospital 3 hours after giving birth to my children.

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel! I'm so happy for them.

wow! so fast victoria and the little girl leaves the hospital just like maxima and mette marit

The change in the succession laws in the UK has not happened yet. No legislation has been introduced yet in the UK, and then changes have to be made in the other Commonwealth realms. It could take 2-3 years to complete, if it is done at all.
oh, thanks so much.

In my country,it's absolutely normal to leave hospital at the same day of giving birth by natural labour but not with c section as you have to wait at least 24hours after giving birth.I left hospital 3 hours after giving birth to my children.

Yes, but seeing as Princess Marie for instance was on the hospital for about three (?) days, I just thought she'd stay longer.

It could be we as siblings, seeing as Madeleine isn't in the country for her niece's birth Carl-Philip could be talking for her.

:previous:
No, the "we" is clearly from him and Sofia. It's the first congratulations released by him. He later congratulated Victoria and Daniel with Madeleine in a separate release...

Yes, but seeing as Princess Marie for instance was on the hospital for about three (?) days, I just thought she'd stay longer.

It's ultimately up to the mother (and not least the child) and there are no doubt differencies from country to country.
And there is a difference between the DRF and SRF in the sense that there is a well established tradition for presenting the child to the press when the leaving the hospital in Denmark, while the Swedes obviously opt not to do that.
If Victoria was to do that, I think she would have chosen to stay in the hospital for a few days more.

In DK it's certainly not uncommon for new mothers to leave the hospital within hours, but the doctors like if you wait at least until the milk starts running.
But as another poster suggested, V&D probably have a fully qualified nurse standing by at home.

Wow that was quick I only went to bed less than 9 hours ago and they already left! The last time I remember someone leaving that quickly had to have been the Late Diana Princess of Wales when she had William she left I think if memory serves me correctly the next day.

I was right! It was a little girl! I'm so, so, so excited for both of them. :-D

It was agreed to but the legislative process in the UK and the other realms still needs to take place. Governments could change, legislative priorities could change, anything could happen. It likely will happen eventually but you never know with governments. 1 less governments approval will happen with Jamaica planning to be a republic soon. Anyway, congrats to the Swedish couple even though I was hoping for a future King:flowers:
Wanted to throw out there is a whole thread about the idea of equal primogeniture in the UK here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/proposal-for-equal-primogeniture-succession-19743.html

wow, they are already released from hospital! that was quick!
i can't wait to get to know the name of the little one.

What wonderful news! Congrats to the family.

Finnish Iltalehti tells that Victoria´s stylist Tina Törnqvist arrived to Haga Palace at nine o´clock in the morning, four hours before Victoria, Daniel and the little princess came home. Johan T Lindwall from Expressen believes that she was asked either as a friend (Victoria gets close with the people she works with) or that she came to make Victoria ready for the official photos possibly taken today.
Mitä ihmettä? Victorian stylisti kiiruhti Hagan linnaan | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Finnish photo agency Lehtikuva has nice galleries
of Victoria´s childhood
Kruununprinsessa Victorian lapsuus | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
and the love story of Victoria and Daniel
Victorian ja Danielin rakkaustarina | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

According to the court, Madeleine will arrive to Sweden to see the little princess as soon as she can.
"Hon ser fram emot att träffa sin systerdotter" | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

The danish royal family, Haakon and Mette-Marit, president Tarja Halonen, and Victoria´s and Daniel´s friends have send their congratulations
Lyckönskningarna strömmar in till de nyblivna föräldrarna | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
Has there been any coverage of what the doctors had to say?
If so just delete this post.

In Svensk Damtidning: http://svenskdam.se/2012/02/forloss...ordstrom-skont-att-kanna-dem-sa-val/#comments

The doctor in charge, Lennart Nordström, is quoted for saying that he was more nervous about this interview than for the delivery: "I've gotten to know that so well that it didn't seem particularly akward. A responsibilty (yes), but I relied on the midwife, Cecilia and I being very comfortable with each other and having a complementing knowledge, so it has felt very good".

A room was prepared two weeks ago, especially for Victoria: "That was our descision, we could not have an official person sitting in a waiting room".

Daniel commended the team, when meeting the press and Lennart Nordström comments on that: "We appreciate that, but our role in the context is marginal, they (V&D) are the ones who have done a terrific job together".

As the birth of a royal child hasn't happened for a long time in the SRF Lennart Nordström was approached long ago: "I was asked to do this early on in the pregnancy and I never doubted my descision".

Will His Majesty's cabinet meeting be televised? I'm so anxious to hear what the princess's names are!! Congrats to Victoria and Daniel! <3 :)

princess cakes sold out

is there any non swedes who has tasted this cake?

Photos of the family arriving to see the baby:
Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist arrived at 17.55 to Haga Palace to meet the new family member. The king and the queen arrived at 18.20.
The director of the information department, Bertil Ternert said that it will maybe take a few days when Madeleine arrives. He wasn´t sure when Daniel´s family will arrive, he assumed that tomorrow morning.
Mormor och morfar på Haga slott för att se sitt barnbarn | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

such wonderful news congratulations to them both and welcome little princess:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom