Introductory/State Visits to Sweden, Norway, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Germany: 2024, 2025

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alexander Stubb, the President of Finland, told today at his press conference in Germany that he and his wife, Victoria and Daniel, Haakon and Mette-Marit and the Presidential couple of Iceland went yesterday evening after the Federal President's dinner to Frederik and Mary's hotel and had an afterparty there.

That is great to hear. The President of Finland had just finished their state visit to Norway, and The President of Iceland their state visit to Denmark earlier. May the friendship and relationships continue!

What a great reception they have received
"BT asks King Frederik what he says about today's great reception.
- I am very honored. I think it's great to see so many Danish flags and children and adults who speak a little Danish down here, says the King."

and of course an Australian Flag is always present.
https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...80.jpeg.8e4d30008937678f29e273c51970faba.jpeg

What a great comment from the King! Yes, from the photos, lots of Danish flags, happy people waiting to meet them! It seems they spent alot of time meeting and shaking with people, especially Queen Mary - she always takes time shaking hand and making eye contact with as many people as possible, almost forgetting they are on a schedule. I think King Frederik had to at one point remind her of that!

And love seeing the Australian Flag. I love that the public still acknowledge her background and where she comes from after more than two decades in Denmark! I think Australia still consider her theirs...their Mary as I've heard many say - like they have their own personal connection to royalty! :):daneflag2::ausflag2:

Indeed, Queen Mary is very much still considered the foremost ambassador for Australia in DK, even though we very much consider her one of us.
It is of course also the old idea of the DRF always marrying foreigners, forging ties between countries. Nice to see that it can work today as well.

King Frederik and Queen Mary has been universally praised in the DK press for their conduct and regal behavior as well as focusing so much on the DK minority in Germany. King Frederik in particular has been praised for speaking German. As the traders of second-hand horses we Danes basically are as a people, we know perfectly well what difference such a little detail matters in regards to PR and ultimately trade and commerce. Every little trick to get ahead of the competition matters.
Such praise is not common here! Usually segments of the press and experts can always find something, however trivial, to criticize - and that is probably a good thing, overall, it keeps the DRF on their toes.

King Frederik does indeed speak fluent German. I don't know to what level though. But certainly enough to have at least a not to advanced conversation. But his generation was taught German at school and basically being bi-lingual, perhaps rather tri-lingual if you count English, would certainly have helped.
Apart from Danish, English, French and German it is almost certain that he would know some Swedish, Norwegian and Greenlandic as well. Perhaps even some Russian, because he did study and teach about the security situation in the Baltic countries back in the 90s.

So from a Danish perspective this visit has been a success.

It may not have been headline in Germany, at all, but one drop at a time and eventually you end up with a full bucket.

Back
Top Bottom