Introductory/State Visits to Sweden, Norway, Faroe Islands & Greenland: 2024, 2025

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a pity. What would have been a busy week for the couple all of sudden the have some quiet time
Hopefully something will be able to be added to their calendars on such short notice.

I agree with not rocking the boat they are all in because of the strike, But as I recall reading somewhere in here, the current activity of royal visits in the Scandinavia/Baltic Sea area are also related to a major threat to absolutely everyone, a potential invasion and takeover of all Baltic States including Finland and possibly Poland by Putin's Russia.
A successful invasion war next to Denmark, Norway and Sweden could also dare Putin to continue and take over half of Europe in one move. The Scandinavian visits we are seen lately means things in the background are at work to get ready eight countries to fight together for their lives. Even the armies of Spain and Portugal are preparing for a war or an invasion from Russia to the European Union.

That strike needs to be solved so Sweden, and all governments, prepare for the worst. Remember 2 years ago no one would have believed Putin would invade a European country and he did.

"King Frederik and Queen Mary will make their first official visit to the Faroe Islands in June 2025.
They were supposed to have completed the visit in June this year, but that caused an extensive and week-long strike on the Faroe Islands.
It will now be next year instead. Specifically, June 11 to 13, 2025.
This is apparent from a notice on the website of the Faroese lagmandskontor.
- Many people are putting effort into putting together an exciting and versatile program for the visit, which was originally planned for June 12 to 14 this year.
- The plan is to stick to the same schedule for the visit next summer, when the royal couple will visit Tórshavn, Vágur, Fámjin, Tvøroyri and Eidi, it reads."

Makes sense. With their already set plans to Greenland and the summer cruise, taken with the limited sailing time for the Dannebrog.

Here is to Greenland next week

Glad to see that a new date for the Faroe Islands visit has been set. I figured the trip would be pushed to 2025.

Detailed program for the Greenland visit has been published on the royal house official website. They have a full week ahead. I counted 41 different events so there will be much to see and talk about in the following week :)

So looking forward to this visit. A busy agenda but I'm sure the couple will enjoy it.
And nice to see a mini royal run will take place.

Before their visit the royal couple gave an interview to Sermitsiaq

- I have got the country under my skin, says the king in this exclusive interview.

- Greenland has taught me to live in harmony with nature. Greenlanders respect nature and follow its course, he said.

So looking forward to this visit. A busy agenda but I'm sure the couple will enjoy it.
And nice to see a mini royal run will take place.
I counted at least 41 engagements, mostly joint ones. I am sure all the people that were asking about why they were doing so many solo events will enjoy following this trip! The only day currently with no official events is July 3rd as that is listed as "transport" day. But alot of interesting and varied sounding engagements over the 8 days.

First photos from Pituffik Rosa Kanuthsen modtog kongeparret i nationaldragt
Love how they visit far off bases and villages. Not just the main cities.

On today's agenda also a visit to Qaanaaq where thr King started his 4 months Sirius 2000 expedition.

I'm sure the Couple is still recovering from yesterday's emotional and exciting day.

Here is the program for the first day. June 29.

Arrival at Pituffik Space Base. 10:45 am
The Regent Couple arrives at Pituffik Space Base, where Their Majesties are received by the President of Naalakkersuisut Múte Bourup Egede, national ombudsman Julie Priest Wilche, head of department Hans-Peder Barlach Christensen and head of protocol Jakob Rohmann Hard.

Reception in Qaanaaq. 1:25 pm
The Regent Couple arrives in Qaanaaq in North Greenland, where they are received at the airport by mayor Palle Jeremiassen and members of the municipal council. Qaanaaq is Greenland's northernmost city, where the King started and ended the Sirius 2000 expedition in 2000.

Reception at the Town Hall in Qaanaaq 1:50 pm
The Regent Couple arrives at the Town Hall in Qaanaaq, where the municipality hosts a reception for invited guests.

Kaffemik in the sports hall in Qaanaaq. 2:30 pm
The Regent Couple takes part in a coffee meeting in the sports hall in Qaanaaq, where there will be a number of musical and cultural performances by the city's citizens.

Arrival at Aasiaat. 6:45 pm
The Regent Couple arrives in Aasiaat, where Mayor Ane Hansen and members of the municipal council receive Their Majesties at the airport. Aasiaat is located in the southwest corner of Disko Bay on Greenland's west coast and is Greenland's fifth largest city.

Reception at Aasiaat Museum and Niels Egedes Plads. 7:00 pm
The Regent Couple are received by a cannon salute and choral singing at the Aasiaat Museum, after which the King and Queen will stroll to Niels Egedes Plads, where there will be entertainment with music and dance.

Boarding the Royal Yacht Dannebrog. 8:15 pm
The Regent Couple boards the Royal Yacht Dannebrog.

Thank you for posting about Day 1. It is an important and extensive trip. Hopefully the DRF social media will post something soon.

Also, per some reports, Princess Josephine and Prince Vincent are with them. I saw a link to an article.

Thank you for posting about Day 1. It is an important and extensive trip. Hopefully the DRF social media will post something soon.

Also, per some reports, Princess Josephine and Prince Vincent are with them. I saw a link to an article.

Exciting! It'll be good for the twins, and maybe all 4 kids will join later.

From DRF day 1

That's good news.
With the school holidays having started, that's a good opportunity for them to have some quality time with their parents and experience something.
They will be gushed over by the Greenlanders! Josephine being a wonderful little ham, will probably enjoy the attention. And Vincent may learn to his slight embarrassment that he too has become quite interesting... He's now teenage and grandma-bait. :giggle:

I'm sure Isabella and Christian (for the few hours at a time he's sober) can look after themselves. In contrast to us mere mortal parents, there is little risk they will throw a spontaneous party and turn the house upside down without interference from PET or courtiers.

Lovely way to include the twins in this visit, so the people could still see them without much pressure on the two of them.

Using Ivalo and Minik was very special.

Program for Day 2, June 30

Boat trip with Arctic Station. 9:45 am
The Regent couple takes part in a boat trip at Qeqertarsuaq, where Their Majesties are briefed on the Arctic Station's work and inaugurate a new whale microphone. Qeqertarsuaq is home to the research station Arctic Station, which is run by the University of Copenhagen and aims to promote scientific Arctic research. The new sound station gives insight into the presence of marine mammals in Disko Bay.

Reception at the King's Bridge in Qeqertarsuaq. 11:45 am
The Regent Couple arrives on the royal yacht Dannebrog at the Kongebroen in Qeqertarsuaq, where the Regent Couple are received by mayor Ane Hansen and members of the municipal council. Qeqertarsuaq is located on the south side of the island of Qeqertarsuaq, which is Greenland's largest island.

Reception at Hotel Qeqertarsuaq. 12:00pm
The Regent couple attends a reception at Hotel Qeqertarsuaq hosted by the municipality.

Orientation on the Inoqatikka project in Qeqertarsuaq. 1:15 pm
The Regent Couple participates in a briefing on the Inoqatikka project, which is mentalisation training for civil servants who work with children in the municipality.

Commencement of the Qeqertarsuaq Race, Family Mile. 2:30 pm
The Regent Couple arrives in the town centre of Qeqertarsuaq, where the King starts the Qeqertarsuaq Run, Family Mile. The run is for all island residents.

Both the Vessel Finder and Marine Traffic websites have Dannebrog back-tracking quite a way at the moment.
Maybe they are just killing time to arrive on schedule … unless the weather has cracked up and it’s not safe to berth the ship where they planned.

I hope someone gets Mary and Frederik some gloves or mittens.
I don’t like the photos of them talking to people with their hands in their pockets … that would have been considered bad manners in my younger days, like not removing your sunglasses when talking face to face.

I know the world has changed and things are more relaxed, but it looks like they are feeling the cold, and it doesn’t look very regal for an official visit.

What great photos! So sweet how close they got to everyone! Just super laid back and casual. And, that just why Frederik and Mary are so loved in Greenland. Plus, there is no stringent so called protocol needing to be adhered to either. No need to bow or curtsey. It is refreshing and lovely to watch.

All good, Dannebrog has changed direction back towards Qeqertarsuaq again.

Back
Top Bottom