Grimaldis with celebrities and other royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
with son of Ted Kennedy
(pdv)
3039qs.jpg

Princess Grace and her old Friend at circus festival
(pdv)
1324uj.jpg

RADKER18 Love your pic of baby Stephanie with Fred Astaire:)

Nina8675 Love to see Cary Grant with Grace…;)

Caroline and Frank Sinatra at the 1980 Rose Ball (corbis)

Tosca said:
Caroline and Frank Sinatra at the 1980 Rose Ball (corbis)
Very nice photo Tosca!He and Grace Kelly were good friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert having fun with actress Sharon Stone…:cool:
May 2002
(corbis/apl)

15wca44.jpg

15wcaoz.jpg

15wchmr.jpg

Prince Albert with German pilot Michael Schumacher when he received the Best World Driver - Formula One award, 2001
(corbis/apl)

15wcqiq.jpg

Steph with actor Michael Ontkean in London 1991:

1zgt9mv.jpg

(Laif)

Princes of Monaco arriving at RCB 1972 with Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy
(keystone)

209hw88.jpg

Who needs staggering amounts of jewelry if one knows how to manipulate color and texture the way this icon did ?!

Nobody came and comes close to Princess Grace as far as the WOW factor is concerned :)

Princess Grace with the actor Cary Grant, 1973 (MPTV. NET)

What a nice pic, Regina :)

Rainier and Albert with Bill Clinton in 2001:

24msruv.jpg

(Majesty)

Great find iceflower!

I didn't know Clinton had visited Monaco. Does anyone know if it an official State visit or did he just pop over from France?

Ann

Prince Albert with the actress Celest Holm, last saturday, in United States.

They were assisting to the 50th anniversay celebration of High Society movie production. (btw, I love Celest Holm's performance is this movie!).

(Hola.com)

Suonymona said:
Great find iceflower!

I didn't know Clinton had visited Monaco. Does anyone know if it an official State visit or did he just pop over from France?

Ann
I'm glad you liked it, Ann! Actually I'm not quite sure, the caption of the pic only says: "Prince Rainier and his son Albert receive Bill Clinton during his visit to Monaco on 17 October 2001". But I think that - as to the fact that Mr Clinton no longer was president at that time - such a visit can no longer be called an official state visit. I think only the leading representatives can make such visits.

Last edited:
It sounds like it was official as it could be for a visit by a former USA President.

Its interesting that Albert doesn't seem to have received too many foreign officials in his (albeit short) reign. Is it a sign that he's not considered that important in the grand layout of political power or because he is yet too new to scene? :ermm:

Or maybe he's been spending too much time with his blondes? :sad:

Thanks for the rest of the information ice.

Ann

I'm glad you liked it, Ann! Actually I'm not quite sure, the caption of the pic only says: "Prince Rainier and his son Albert receive Bill Clinton during his visit to Monaco on 17 October 2001". But I think that - as to the fact that Mr Clinton no longer was president at that time - such a visit can no longer be called an official state visit. I think only the leading representatives can make such visits.

I've just had to remove several off-topic posts before the thread got totally derailed, now please get back on topic

Thank you.

Lady Jennifer
Monaco Moderator

Nice to see your last pic, Tosca, thanks! :)

Grace with Sofia Loren:

2edckmf.jpg

(Bunte)

Grace with French First Lady Claude Pompidou and French President Georges Pompidou at the Elysee Palace, Paris:

Pic

In the latter, Caroline does not look amused at President Reagan.

I wonder if he said something about Grace and it was still too early for Caroline?

both girls look unhappy!!!!!!!!!

In the first pic everybody seems to look at Nancy, how is in a soldierpose, maybe she said something funny...just joking...

Tosca said:
Grace with the late Queen Fabiola of the Belgians (ACI)
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2456726

And with Yvette Labrousse (otherwise known as the Begum) Aga Khan's fourth wife (ACI)
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2456233
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2456231

Nice finds, Tosca !
Is the giant lady the Begum ? Why is she called the Begum ? Are there several Begums or just one ?

In the first picture, with Queen Fabiola, is Grace pregnant ? Her outfit reminds me of the blue suit Caroline wore at her third wedding, and it's kind of wide around the middle part, just as Caroline's suit was... Very similar...

Grace has such style ! Truly inimitable... I read that she liked to wear turbans and hats and chignons so she could appear to be taller than any other woman near her. It didn't work with the Begum !

I think the pic of Grace with Queen Fabiola is from Grace's 1969 visit to Belgium.

Nice finds, Tosca !
Is the giant lady the Begum ? Why is she called the Begum ? Are there several Begums or just one ?

Thanks, iloveroyals!

The Begum ( I mean that giant lady) was a former Miss France named Yvette Labrousse. If I'm right, she worked as a shop assistant at the Galeries Lafayette in Paris, when she met the Aga Khan. I don't actually know if this was the same Aga Khan that had married Rita Hayworth.
Anyway Yvette became that Aga Khan's fourth wife, and she received the title of Begum. So there have been several Begums, including the present Aga Khan Karim's ex wives Lady Sarah Crocker Pole, known as Salima and Renate Thyssen-Henne known as Inaara.

Yvette was a steady presence at all events in Monaco, and according to the press, she was a good friend of Grace's.

Tosca, I found pictures of 2 begums, taken during the festivities surrounding Princess Caroline's first wedding. I see that Begum Yvette is often called (in Hola) la Begum madre. What is the equivalent of Begum in English ? Is it queen ? Does the Aga Khan have several begums at the same time or does he divorce one and marry another, which would explain why both begums would be present. If he divorces a begum, does she conserve her title ?
I did read that Yvette had a house in Cannes,and was a fixture of all galas at the time. But did she live with the Aga Khan ? I am still confused as what exactly a Begum is and why there were two at that gala. Thanks in advance for enlightening me !

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scan0125begum1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scan0124autrebegum.jpg

iloveroyals said:
Tosca, I found pictures of 2 begums, taken during the festivities surrounding Princess Caroline's first wedding. I see that Begum Yvette is often called (in Hola) la Begum madre. What is the equivalent of Begum in English ? Is it queen ? Does the Aga Khan have several begums at the same time or does he divorce one and marry another, which would explain why both begums would be present. If he divorces a begum, does she conserve her title ?
I did read that Yvette had a house in Cannes,and was a fixture of all galas at the time. But did she live with the Aga Khan ? I am still confused as what exactly a Begum is and why there were two at that gala. Thanks in advance for enlightening me !

I think it could be because Yvette was married to the older aga Khan I sure he died whislt married to her,
and the other one is married to the younger one , I could be wrong !

iloveroyals said:

You become BEGUM when you marry the Agha Khan. Agha Khan is a title, not a name.
But I think you remain Begum, even if the Agha Khan dies. In the second picture, the young couple, is the actual Agha Khan, with his "then" Begum (I think it was Begum Salima). So if the actual Agha Khan, was already Agha Khan in these pictures, it means that the former Agha Khan, married with the older lady, was dead, but his widow, was still Begum.

Tosca said:
. I don't actually know if this was the same Aga Khan that had married Rita Hayworth..

No, Rita Hayworth married ALI Khan and not Agha Khan. Agha Khan is a title, and Rita's Hayworth husband called Ali Khan, was the son of the Agha Khan who married the Yvette and never become Agha Khan. I think it was Ali Khan's son who become, and still is the actual Agha Khan. Ali Khan's brother (from another mother) was Prince Saddrudin Khan, the famous ecologist, who died from cancer a couple of years before.

Back
Top Bottom