King Charles & Queen Camilla - Visit to Australia and Samoa: October 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My understanding is that the King & Queen met in Singapore, and were picked by a RAAF plane there. The Queen travelled to Asia ahead of the King. My guess is she had a few days at the health farm in Bangalore that she likes to visit at this time of the year in advance of the trip.
How smart of her to take a few days to adjust

The ABC has released an "unofficial" guide on seeing The King and Queen. It's unofficial, because the full itinerary are not made in public. The news website did mention that The King and Queen will greet the crowd in Canberra on the 21st and Sydney on the 22nd.
Here's where you can catch a glimpse of Charles and Camilla in Australia

Coincidentally, on the first day of visit, 18th October, Cunard's MS Queen Elizabeth will arrive at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay and depart later in the evening. There are other cruise ships stopping at Sydney Harbour for the next couple of days, including Disney, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity and P&O Australia.
Sydney Cruise Schedule

The Queen Elizabeth couldn’t leave on schedule last night AC21091968 because of that sudden massive downpour … and that delayed the start of the Opera House display as she was in front of the projectors.

If Charles or Camilla were up in time this morning … about 5.30am … another beautiful cruise ship sailed in, very closely past Admiralty House.

We had very noisey helicopters overhead for a while last night as the official cavalcade arrived in our suburb.

The Naval support vessel Sycamore, and another smaller boat, are currently standing off at the end of my street … Admiralty House is just on the other side of the headland.

As this is a rest day perhaps Charles and Camilla will be taking a pleasant Harbour lunch cruise. Better than just sitting around inside or in the garden.

As the Sycamore can land a helicopter, perhaps even a bit of sight-seeing from above.

There is a seal … named Benny … who lives on the steps of the Opera House. I hope someone points him out to the Couple. He’s been here for a couple of years, and is now getting quite large.

(If he’s not on the steps, he’s off getting a snack again, but will be back to lie around with his belly upwards toward the sun.)

Still early here, but quite warm.

Last edited:
Media are reporting live from outside Admiralty House … only 8.15 am here … saying there is to be another meet and greet.

The Couple are indeed going to church tomorrow morning in North Sydney … St Thomas’ … and the public are welcome to attend and see them.

Back
Top Bottom