Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 1: Dec 2002 - Nov 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
although jc doesn't like it, maria teresa is and will always be HER ROYAL HIGHNESS, MARIA TERESA, GRAND DUCHESS OF LUXEMBOURG. :flower:
too bad for jc she can't overcome it, not for maria teresa...

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Well, she wasn't always a Grand Duchess :mellow:
the important thing is that she is now. what i wanted to say with that is that although jc tries with all her heart to split the couple, maria teresa will always have more class and will be a real 'duchess', more than a title, a way of being. after all, she has done so many things for luxembourg, even more than jc.

Last edited by a moderator:
which are maria teresa's favourite designers? anyone knows?

im not sure... one of her ballgowns looked like the sort of fabric versace uses in its top rank gowns... if i ever met her i would ask her for fashion tips shes always radiated so much class

that's why i like to know. her style in gala gowns is wonderful.

Interview With The Grand Duke

INTERVIEW IN GERMAN WITH THE GRAND DUKE IN ATHENS.
SOURCE: TAGEBLATT

Interview mit Grand-Duc Henri - Die großherzogliche Familie mit großer Begeisterung und Freude

Aus Athen: Philip Michel und Roland Miny (Fotos)
Tageblatt: Monseigneur, die erste Woche der XXVIII. Olympischen Spiele der Neuzeit ist fast vorbei, wie lautet Ihre Bilanz der ersten Tage?
Grand-Duc Henri: Begonnen haben die Spiele für mich mit der IOC-Session vom 8. bis zum 11. August. Dann kam die Eröffnung, die wirklich herrlich war. Das war eine fantastische Sache in einem wunderbaren Stadion.

Vom 13. August an haben wir uns dann einige Veranstaltungen angesehen, allen voran die mit Luxemburger Beteiligung. Angefangen mit Bogenschießen, Schwimmen und Radfahren. Dann natürlich auch das Tennis. Zudem waren wir beim Beach-Volleyball und Kanu-Kajak, beides vor einer beeindruckend Kulisse. Nach all diesen Erfahrungen muss ich sagen, dass von der Organisation her alles gut geklappt hat, auch was uns betrifft. Ich weiß nicht, wie es mit der globalen Zuschauerresonanz bei den Wettbewerben aussieht, aber das sieht meiner Meinung nach bis jetzt recht gut aus. Die Organisatoren hatten bekanntlich am Anfang etwas Angst, dass nicht genug Publikum da wäre. Aber ich glaube, das ist nicht der Fall.
T: Im Vorfeld der Spiele gab es viele Diskussionen über die Sportstätten, die einfach nicht fertig wurden. Haben die Griechen, wie sie gerne behaupteten, in Ihren Augen die besten olympischen Stadien aller Zeiten?
Grand-Duc Henri: Fertig sind sie ja. Was fehlt, sind vielleicht ein paar Grünflächen. Ansonsten sind die Stadien aber außergewöhnlich gut. Ich habe mit verschiedenen Athleten darüber gesprochen, und die sind auch ganz zufrieden mit ihren Sportstätten.
T: Sie sind auch in offizieller Mission hier in Athen und haben die IOC-Session bereits angesprochen. War die in Ihren Augen erfolgreich?
Grand-Duc Henri: Wir hatten eine ganz gute Session. Es ging hauptsächlich um die Verwaltung des IOC. Finanzielle Aspekte standen dabei im Vordergrund.
T: Medaillen werden Sie auch noch überreichen ...
Grand-Duc Henri: Ja, ich weiß allerdings noch nicht, bei welchen Entscheidungen. Wir mussten einen Zettel ausfüllen mit unseren Vorschlägen. Das habe ich getan. Jetzt muss man abwarten.
T: Für welche Sportarten haben Sie sich denn beworben?
Grand-Duc Henri: Unter anderem für den 800-Meter-Lauf und beim Triathlon. Aber ich bin eher als Zuschauer denn als IOC-Mitglied hier.
T: Zuschauer ist vielleicht etwas untertrieben. Sie und Ihre Familie sind wahrscheinlich die größten und treuesten Fans unserer Athleten hier in Athen ...
Grand-Duc Henri: Ja, wir probieren überall dabei zu sein, wo unsere Sportler im Einsatz sind, um sie zu unterstützen. Das machen wir mit großer Begeisterung und Freude.
T: Sind Sie denn mit den Leistungen der Luxemburger Sportler bis jetzt zufrieden?
Grand-Duc Henri: Sie sind nicht schlecht. Eine kleine Enttäuschung war vielleicht das Tennis, vor allem das Doppel. Das hätten wir gewinnen müssen. Der sechste Platz im Radsport ist super. Eine solch tolle Platzierung hatten wir schon lange nicht mehr bei Olympischen Spielen. Im Schwimmen entsprechen die Platzierungen mehr oder weniger den Erwartungen. Ich glaube, wir können insgesamt zufrieden sein.
T: Was ist eigentlich die Lieblingssportart des Großherzogs und seiner Familie?
Grand-Duc Henri: Ich bin ein Fan der Leichtathletik. Und auch des Volleyballs, den ich mir bestimmt noch anschauen werde. Meine Frau und meine Tochter lieben das Kunstturnen.
T: Sind Sie denn auch persönlich sportlich aktiv?
Grand-Duc Henri: Ja natürlich. Ich spiele Tennis, schwimme viel. Ich segle, laufe Ski. Ich probiere, so viel wie möglich zu machen.
T: Haben Sie denn auch als kleiner Junge davon geträumt, einmal als Athlet bei den Olympischen Spielen dabei zu sein, ähnlich wie Prinz Albert von Monaco? Wäre das überhaupt möglich?
Grand-Duc Henri: Ja, es ist immer möglich. Der Trainingsaufwand ist aber enorm, die Qualifikationsnormen hoch. So dass das viel Zeit in Anspruch nehmen würde. Letztendlich ist es aber eine Sache des Willens, Zeit kann man sich nehmen. Warum nicht, es wäre wirklich schön, wenn eines meiner Kinder einmal bei Olympischen Spielen antreten würde. Aber na ja, im Moment sehe ich da keine richtige Perspektive, aber man kann ja immer hoffen. (lacht)
T: Monseigneur, vielen Dank für das Gespräch.

http://www.tageblatt.lu/edition/article.asp?ArticleId=25412

I can give a summary of the interview..
He said that he stay in Athen since the 8. August for the IOC, the opening was fantastic and then he and his family had watched many events with the athlets of Luxemburg. He said also that the new stadiums are really great. He is a member of the IOC and therefore he will also hand over the medals to the winners. He don't know when, maybe to the 800 m runners. He is very content with the performances of the athlets. He is a big fan of the athletics and his wife and his daughter loves the gymnastics. His favorite sports are tennis, swimming, sailig, sking and much more. He will do as much as he can.
But he think that it is very hard to qualify for the olympics. He would love to see his children as athlets at the olympics.. he doesn't think that it would come so. but he doesn't lose hope. ;)

nordishbynature said:
He would love to see his children as athlets at the olympics.. he doesn't think that it would come so. but he doesn't lose hope. ;)

I don't think they would ever make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
What does she do? Oddly, I don't know this. Can someone please find this out?
Are you talking about Princess Alexandra??? ^__^ i'm not sure but if you are...well she doesn't play any sport that we know of but wouldn't it be cool if she was playing in the Olympics??? and i was asking what sport would you think she would play?

hope that helps ^__^

Attachments

• 1981_hochzeit_marie_teresa_.jpg
    1981_hochzeit_marie_teresa_.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 487
  • 423995a.jpg
    423995a.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 897
  • 733585_05.jpg
    733585_05.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 923
  • 756745_11.jpg
    756745_11.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,029
  • GA_655513-23-MARIA TERESA_H.jpg
    GA_655513-23-MARIA TERESA_H.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 905
maria teresa was cute on her wedding. that dress was so lovely... it also looks great on her.

she is my idol, if i could be half the lady she is i would be happy, even in her younger days she naturally fits in... and looks so regal... like she doesnt try... she has alot of natural beauty haha mixed with a handsome prince they have the most attractive children... one of the best royal gene pools :p

that's true, it's not a surprise that all their children have been so cute. what a combination of genes! maria teresa was (and still is) a beatiful, regal lady.

I love her earrings. Are they new?
And a look back at some of her other jewelry. MT, to me, is one of the best dressed royals.

Henri as always is so dashing, handsome.

Attachments

• ht1.jpg
    ht1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 320
  • ht2.jpg
    ht2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 322
  • GA_655513-23-MARIA TERESA_H.jpg
    GA_655513-23-MARIA TERESA_H.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 939
  • ht3.jpg
    ht3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 271
Thank you for the photos Carlota and Karolina. :) The couple looks really nice. I love the Grand Duchess's dress and hair.
She looks so much better without that horrid (fake?) tan.

True. She does look quite nice without the "orange" looking tan.

I find the Grand Duchess beautiful and always a pleasent smile on her face...a true relaxed beauty.

all her kids tan so well.. they must get it from the dad haha im not a stranger to tanning problems haha no matter what you try most of them look fake she must be hoping she can find a more natural one... but because shes grand duchess i would have thought she could get scientists to make her a special MT tanning cream just for her... but then again i think she looks more beautiul with her natural skin

More from the ducal couple in Venice...

Attachments

• lux2.jpg
    lux2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 726
  • lux3.jpg
    lux3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 725
  • lux4.jpg
    lux4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 704
Maria Teresa looks much better in these latest pictures Lena has posted. No more orange spray tan.

I agree. Has MT lost some more weight? She looks slimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom