General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as we know, Saudi Arabia is not directly involved (like Egypt and UAE)

But if you look at the map of Sudan, you will see that there is a maritime border between Sudan and Saudi Arabia; instabilities in the African country pose a direct threat to Saudi national security and Saudi commercial interests in the Red Sea. And, of course, it is important to consult Saudi Arabia on ANY regional matter.

And recently, bin Salman has been positioning himself as a regional leader and betting on diplomacy (contrary to the bellicose attitude in the early years of the Salman government); a diplomatic agreement between Bin Salman and Bin Zayed to resolve the Sudanese question would be very welcome by the whole world

But, in that article I referred you to earlier, Bin Salman sees himself as the "Regional Chief" for commanding the greatest power; Bin Zayed sees himself as the "Regional Chief" because he is older and mentored the Saudi prince. It is very difficult for them to reach a consensus, let's wait

not yet

This clash between MBS and MBZ is not good for their own countries and to their neighbours. MBZ is more experienced and he made a tiny country a key player in geo politics. His experience matters. MBS is more hot blooded and rash i feel. But still he is taking firm decisions which is admirable. Let's hope they reach a consense. Tahnoun visited MBS recently, Sudan must have come up for sure.

This girl has a lot of options, right? Yas bin Hamdan bin Zayed (no doubt the best choice), Dhiyab/Zayed/Mohamed/Khalifa bin Issa, Zayed bin Nahyan bin Zayed, Zayed bin Hazza bin Tahnoun, Dhiyab bin Saeed bin Hamdan, Khalid/Tahnoun bin Khalifa bin Mohamed bin Khalid , Mohamed bin Sultan bin Moohamed bin Khalid... she's the last unmarried child of Nahyan bin Hamdan

Definitely Yas is the best choice for her and Zayed bin Nahyan, Zayed bin Hazza bin Tahnoun, Dhiyab bin Saeed will be more preferred by their mothers for her.

Btw, Reem bint Ahmed bin Hamdan is one of the suitor for Yas. You talked about it before.

Is there more for Yas from his mother's side? Are issa's daughters from maryam bint Hamdan? They are still kids, right?

Last edited:
I find it Hamdan is close to Tahnoun, Mansour and bin Rashid is so close to MBZ. Cannot say about maktoum. Do you have anything to say about their body language with each other?

I think in the public meetings which are always recorded, they are always cordial and friendly with each other. So what we see might not be true or could be true as well. Maktoum comes across as a reserved person so are his other brothers Ahmed and Mansoor. They are not seen talking much in the gatherings. I saw one video of Khaled and Hamdan from last year, it felt awkward. No great chemistry between them. But I feel Al Nahyans esp. MBZ, Tahnoun, Mansour seem very polite and Humble when greeting others. Their body language shows.

I find it Hamdan is close to Tahnoun, Mansour and bin Rashid is so close to MBZ. Cannot say about maktoum. Do you have anything to say about their body language with each other?

Interactions between Hamdan and the Al Nahyans are not as frequent, given the nature of the position, Hamdan is very focused on Dubai affairs. Maktoum has the advantage of being part of the Federal Cabinet, he interacts a lot with Mansour and Abdullah

Tahnoun appears to have a personal friendship with Hamdan. About MBZ, Hamdan and Maktoum have the same attitude when greeting him, which is that kiss on the shoulder (a gesture of respect), I don't remember them doing that before, maybe it's something new.

Khalid doesn't seem to have such a close relationship with either Hamdan or Maktoum, perhaps Maktoum's professionalism makes him closer to Khalid.

Definitely Yas is the best choice for her and Zayed, Nahyan, Zayed bin Hazza bin Tahnoun, Dhiyab bin Saeed will be more preferred by their mothers for her.

Btw, Reem bint Ahmed bin Hamdan is one of the suitor for Yas. You talked about it before.

Is there more for Yas from his mother's side? Are issa's daughters from maryam bint Hamdan? They are still kids, right?

It's complicated, maybe Issa and Saeed have daughters at Yas's age, but it would be those cases of "unknown daughters" that we'll only find out when they get married.

That is, the only options we know of on the maternal side are Aisha bint Nahyan and Reem bint Ahmed

Issa has daughters who are still children, but i believe they are from other wives.

Mansour seem very polite and Humble when greeting others. Their body language shows.

There was only one time that I found Mansour's behavior strange, and that was at the reception of the late Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe; see at 3:05 in the video

His behavior seems strange, and that seems to get MBZ's attention.

https://www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302815916

Its unusual that he wasn't smiling, he seemed rather grumpy. May be he was unwell or tired. Otherwise he is always polite. I saw an old video if him with Man City team perhaps an evening reception for players in AD he was visibly exhausted and still had to greet everyone.
I think these people either hibernate for days and weeks or have hectic schedules with meetings, Majlis etc. And sometimes it shows. These days i even see MBZ exhausted at times.

Hamdan, Maktoum started greeting MBZ with a kiss on shoulder after MBZ officially became the President. I am guessing it's their custom to greet the ruler with a kiss on right shoulder. I think MBZ and MRM are close because they have started working around the same time and Zayed kept them close to him. They have an understanding. Current generation still doesn't have that.

Hamdan is more focused on himself and his image than work. I hardly see him working or making any strategic plans. It would be better he remains ceremonial and gives actual control to Maktoum. I read somewhere that Maktoum is so focused on his meetings and is always on time (Arabs are infamous for not being on time to any meetings) and sometimes gives his direct phone number to avoid bureaucracy. He is result oriented. He and Khaled might make a good working combination.

MBZ and MRM have good relations personally. Their body language says so. Before being president, MBZ used to meet him frequently and Haya used to publish their pics then. I think both hold same ideology and vision.

Feiraguy, do you have any information on mouza bint tahnoun bin mohammed? Whats her age or is she married or the daughter of Shamsa bint Zayed?

Theres a picture circulating on Instagram stories announcing someone’s death, all I can read in Arabic from this picture is the name Al Nahyan. Who has died?

Theres a picture circulating on Instagram stories announcing someone’s death, all I can read in Arabic from this picture is the name Al Nahyan. Who has died?

Mouza bint Zayed bin Saqr Al Nahyan has died. She is the maternal aunt of Rashid bin Humaid Al Nuaimi (rrr) and Khalid bin Mohammed bin Hamdan (Kmh.n). Dont have further information about her.

There was only one time that I found Mansour's behavior strange, and that was at the reception of the late Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe; see at 3:05 in the video

His behavior seems strange, and that seems to get MBZ's attention.

https://www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302815916

This was the video I was mentioning. Mansour looked so exhausted, still was greeting everyone. I think sometimes they have to make appearances in scheduled meetings whether they are unwell or not upto it. Not easy being in the eyes of camera all the time. And coming to MBZ's reaction in the Abe's reception video, he pretty much stares like that almost at every reception. I didn't find any difference.

Last edited:
Feiraguy, do you have any information on mouza bint tahnoun bin mohammed? Whats her age or is she married or the daughter of Shamsa bint Zayed?

She is Hamdan bin Mubarak's wife, right? I have no idea about her age

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFBubIbIPwV/

I know that her eldest children are very close to Sheikh Tahnoun's children from his first marriage (mainly Sultan, Ahmed and Mansour), so most likely Mouza is the daughter of the Al Otaiba wife

As Ahmed is from 1971 and Mansour is from 1973, it is likely that she is close in age to them.

Whitepaper, a few days ago you asked me why the UAE was moving away from the United States (its historical partner in the security sector) and allying itself with China, this article brings information on this subject

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...ocked-after-us-billed-uae-military-assistance

Yeah one of the reasons for the US UAE drift.
MBZ visited France again yesterday second time within an year. No high level delegation with him. He is buying arms from France I guess. France was also the first country he visited after officially becoming the president.

Why MBZ has two vice presidents and if Hamdan will not be vice president in the future ABU Dhabi wants the post to belong to them. By the way, I don't think Handan will be Prime minister of the UAE

I think Mansour is made vice president because he had to compensate his brothers for making his son crown prince. So he made Mansour VP and Hazza, Tahnoun as deputy rulers of Abu Dhabi. He will make Mansour represent him in some of the diplomatic meetings, receiving state leaders etc.

I think this is the agreement between Anu Dhabi and Dubai that AD ruler will be president and Dubai ruler will be VP and PM. Also Maktoum is one the Deputy PM alongside with Saif and Mansour. So after Mohamed bin Rashid, the role of VP and PM should go to Hamdan. That's how it should be as per agreement. But again I think this role was given to Mohamed bin Rashid because of his capabilities and AD wanted him to join federation. Interesting to see if Hamdan will inherit these roles or not.

Last edited:
Thank you white paper, I think MRM and his family were not happy when MBZ announced mansour as VP, Manal didn't even congratulate her husband at first because her father was not happy.
Yes, it will be interesting to see if Hamdan can succeed as VP and PM, even if I don't think he has the qualifications and ability to handle the position. Perhaps ABU Dhabi recognises MRM but not Hamdan's capabilities.

I think the vice president already belongs to Mansour. Maybe we can look forward to the prime minister

MBZ was officially invited to the Arab League Summit

As the invitation was officially released, I believe he will go; if he didn't intend to go, there would be no need for this ceremony with Mansour and the Saudi ambassador, do you agree?

https://www.wam.ae/en/details/1395303158189

I couldn't find a list of delegations from all summits, but I believe Khalifa bin Zayed and Mohamed bin Zayed never attended as heads of delegation, perhaps Sheikh Zayed did... usually Dubai and Fujairah Rulers take turns as participants

Bin Zayed and Bin Salman have not met publicly since last July
I still see chances of Mansour or bin Rashid attending the summit, the President's presence would be historic

Is Hessa still engaged to KSN? Still no news about the wedding.

About Mansour, he clearly has attributions that in a few years will be given to Crown Prince Khalid

Hazza and Tahnoun (Deputy Rulers) have positions are for life, I'm not sure about Mansour
I don't think that MBZ wants someone to share the spotlight, power and authority with his son, this could generate some instability in the succession

When Khalid is ready to assume these roles, his uncle may be reassigned to the post of Representative in Al Ain or even Deputy Ruler (posts for life).

It's just a guess, but there will come a time when it will be convenient for Mohamed bin Zayed and the Crown Prince to remove Mansour from positions of authority.
When MBZ is old and away from day-to-day decisions (focusing only on the most sensitive issues), Khalid will need to have all the authority possible, he will command the team (formed by the Al Maktoum brothers, his brothers, his brothers-in-law and his cousins) , there will be no room for Mansoour

Last edited:
Is Hessa still engaged to KSN? Still no news about the wedding.

the Al Nahyan do not divulge this type of information; not even the engagements are publicly disclosed, I don't know if this information (the engagement) was intentionally released or if it was leaked in any way

when the wedding takes place we will know

Yup, just saw the news. I don't know the usual invitation process. But looks like a delegation came to AD to give invitation and the news is officially published. If MBZ sees this as MBS extending olive branch, then i think there is a possibility he may go. Otherwise Mansour will. I don't think bin Rashid will be sent. It would be really interesting to see if MBZ goes and who his delegation will be. Abdullah might be in the delegation if MBZ or Mansour goes.

I think Sheikh Zayed was a supporter of Arab cause and Arab unity. He wanted all Arab nations to stand united. But I think Khalifa and MBZ have moved away from such ideology with their west alliances and support.

MBS and MBZs unity is the need of the hour and is vital in regional security. Let's see, 4 more days to go.

Yeah, Mansour is having a lot of spotlight these days. Can we see this as a plot to remove Dubai from VP role. After bin Rashid, is there a possibility that Hamdan might no inherit this and that will remain with Mansour alone and later one of MBZs sons take that over ? Hamdan is no way a match to his father. So can the role be taken over by AD ?

MBZ and MBS met publicly in November'2022 in Bali on the sidelines of G20 summit.

That's true. Thanks! That event had disappeared from my memory.

Good Memory Whitepaper

Yeah, Mansour is having a lot of spotlight these days. Can we see this as a plot to remove Dubai from VP role. After bin Rashid, is there a possibility that Hamdan might no inherit this and that will remain with Mansour alone and later one of MBZs sons take that over ? Hamdan is no way a match to his father. So can the role be taken over by AD ?

Thats not very likely.

If Abu Dhabi takes the post of VP exclusively for itself, it would be because of its desire to centralize power, this supposed incompetence of Hamdan would just be an excuse.

The post of VP is merely ceremonial, and that of PM can easily be helped by a good Deputy PM; just as Hamdan bin Zayed was a great Deputy during Maktoum bin Rashid's Premiership, Dhiyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed could take on many of the responsibilities should Hamdan not prove himself competent.

So you mean to say it doesn't matter even if Hamdan inherits these roles, he will be ceremonial and AD will have someone behind him to make the decisions. That is what would happen may be.

Hazza and Tahnoun are slowly fading away. I haven't seen them after Eid prayers. Abdullah, Mansour and Khaled are much in news mostly.

Zayed MBZ is active on insta and is seen in some non formal meetings. His father might involve him like Hamdan MBZ.

Back
Top Bottom