General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea was that they were all wearing blue, the colour associated with the National Health Service. Even football teams which famously play in red have been lighting their grounds up in blue!

Great to see the support for the NHS in the UK!

What a beautiful family! It’s been wonderful to watch both Catherine and William evolve from college students to future king and queen and parents.
They have really managed to curve their own path as they continue to grow into their roles while building a strong family.

One thing I've noticed with the last "clapping" video is that Charlotte is very much the "leader of the pack". Right up front there and getting down to business as soon as she's outside. This is a little girl that is going to grow up and know what she's doing and how she's going to do it and make no mistake, she'll be well prepared ahead of time.

I know, I know, I'm being fanciful but in this case, I see a lot of her Aunt Anne in Charlotte. No flies on this kid. :D

One thing I've noticed with the last "clapping" video is that Charlotte is very much the "leader of the pack". Right up front there and getting down to business as soon as she's outside. This is a little girl that is going to grow up and know what she's doing and how she's going to do it and make no mistake, she'll be well prepared ahead of time.

I know, I know, I'm being fanciful but in this case, I see a lot of her Aunt Anne in Charlotte. No flies on this kid. :D

I don’t want to offend, but I was just about to post the comments from this body language expert who said the same thing about Charlotte being a leader. I’m just like, seriously? Reading body language in kids ? Essentially already pre-judging them, especially George, who she sees as a follower? I think she’s so out of line.

I just think these are kids, and I don’t think we should be reading anything into their behavior. Remember that William was a scamp as a kid ...and he ended up being solid as a rock.

Re Blackadder, as others have said 2-4 are the best. I didn't find 1 all that funny tbh but they were just starting out.

Nursie is a wonderfully dotty character in series 2.

Hugh Laurie is hilarious as the Prince of Wales (later Prince Regent) in series 3.

Series 4 is not only fantastic comedy but a biting satire on WW1. The end scene is very well done.

Last edited:
That was wonderful, very well done by the staff and the Cambridges! Lovely to see and hear from some of the veterans.

Well done! Enjoyed the video very much!

The staff and the Cambridges have done well! I'm glad that the Cambridges aren't letting the pandemic stop them from delivering their duties. I hope more royals in the world would follow their footsteps in taking their duties seriously.

It's such a lovely thing they're doing and I'm glad we're seeing them quite a lot during this time.

It's been very nice to actually see them interacting with people - usually we don't have such a good audio/video of them talking to the members of the public and I'm glad I got to see that. And the little snippets we get of homeschooling the children are always fun!

I'm really glad they're so visible during this time. Big points for them this month!

It was a lovely programme all round - the BBC had arranged for a war veteran whose 100th birthday party had had to be cancelled to speak to his relatives in Australia by video, and they also spoke to a couple marking their 75th wedding anniversary - after their wedding, they only had a couple of days together before he had to go back to his regiment - and arranged for a woman who'd been in the WRNS during the war but never got her medal to be presented with it (at a distance!) with Scottish pipers piping. I'm not the BBC's biggest fan, but it was great - and it was lovely to see William and Kate involved.

Wow...

I literally said “there’s OUR future king and Queen”, lol.....I had just been indulging in a binge of “Land of Hope and Glory” from various Proms (on You Tube), and I think I forgot for a few moments that I’m not British!

Kate Middleton and Prince William have sent their staff to work for the Government in the middle of the pandemic. The royal staff exodus was not publicised and the incredible gesture was only revealed by a royal expert this week. This comes as Kate and William continued to work to find ways to bring the country together during lockdown.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-coronavirus-royal-family-heartwarming-latest

Doing this with their staff says a whole mouthful of words about William and Catherine and the kind of people they are. Finding ways all over the place to be of service to the people during the time of this pandemic. They are not just standing outside and clapping or opening a NHS facility via video conference but also, without making it public, ask their staff to go where they are needed more.

This isn't a couple sitting at in a formal dining room summoning courses of food by the ringing of a silver bell. This is a couple deeply involved with doing what they can for the people because they deeply care. ?

Wow...

I literally said “there’s OUR future king and Queen”, lol.....I had just been indulging in a binge of “Land of Hope and Glory” from various Proms (on You Tube), and I think I forgot for a few moments that I’m not British!

Kate Middleton and Prince William have sent their staff to work for the Government in the middle of the pandemic. The royal staff exodus was not publicised and the incredible gesture was only revealed by a royal expert this week. This comes as Kate and William continued to work to find ways to bring the country together during lockdown.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-coronavirus-royal-family-heartwarming-latest
I don't blame you at all! If you're nice, we could even share, but just a bit! :lol: People already treat BRF as The Royal Family, so... :lol:

This is an AMAZING gesture. Not only are we seeing them a lot lately, but also they're working without their full staff. It's great that they recognized that the resources are now needed more elsewhere and decided to help, delegating their employees where they could try to improve the situation. This just shows not only their kindness, but also understanding that not everything has to be about them. They are here to serve their country and their queen.

I don't blame you at all! If you're nice, we could even share, but just a bit! :lol: People already treat BRF as The Royal Family, so... :lol:

This is an AMAZING gesture. Not only are we seeing them a lot lately, but also they're working without their full staff. It's great that they recognized that the resources are now needed more elsewhere and decided to help, delegating their employees where they could try to improve the situation. This just shows not only their kindness, but also understanding that not everything has to be about them. They are here to serve their country and their queen.

Share and share alike! I'm sure I'm not alone among Americans in wishing we had a Queen instead of this mockery of a president, lol. When I was watching those You Tube videos, I honesty felt British, lol. Man, that's inspiring.

The Cambridge's are awesome. Not only do they have a strong sense of duty, but they are compassionate - and they clearly connect with the people. I love how they've involved their kids as well - there's no doubt that between Charles, William and much, much later, George, the monarchy is in good hands. Not making this gesture wouldn't have been wrong - no one would have thought anything about it - but doing so shows how thoughtful they are, that they use their privileged position for the good.

Reactions: Fem
Such a wonderful thing to do. My mother is a civil servant and had some people from Kensington Palace join her department at the end of last month (virtually of course!). William is going to be a fantastic monarch and I think he'll make his reign really "personal" i.e. he will always be in touch with the public as best as he can.

KP just shared unseen (behind the scene) photo of The Duchess from Chelsea Flower Show last year.

Something like this is what always make me ponder how good was CC or number of engagements can represent how hard a Royal has worked. Such as this case, she must have spent hours to build her garden but it wasn't reflected in her no of engagement, or Sophie doing volunteering job which also not recorded in CC.

KP just shared unseen (behind the scene) photo of The Duchess from Chelsea Flower Show last year.

Something like this is what always make me ponder how good was CC or number of engagements can represent how hard a Royal has worked. Such as this case, she must have spent hours to build her garden but it wasn't reflected in her no of engagement, or Sophie doing volunteering job which also not recorded in CC.

The number of engagements carried out every year is a blunt tool, and misses a lot of the preparatory work that may go into an engagement, or the amount of time spent at an enagement. That said, it is one of the few objective indicators of measuring how busy a royal has been.

The number of engagements carried out every year is a blunt tool, and misses a lot of the preparatory work that may go into an engagement, or the amount of time spent at an enagement. That said, it is one of the few objective indicators of measuring how busy a royal has been.
The matter has been discuss at the Palace oddly after it became common for people to judge a royals commitment to duty by the amount of engagements. It was thrown out as they are very affirming that the court circulars were just to inform.
Some royals actually will never tell the press or twitter what they are currently doing as they consider it against the purpose of charity. Point in case - how many pics of Edward and the Wessex children do you see on twitter and the press. They are definitely volunteering - their whole area knows it as they see it. But Edward will not allow photos to be taken of it. Bad karma to do charity work for the good PR of it.
- However all this is OT.

I remember when the Cambridges were engaged and they were living in Wales, Katherine was asked what she would do, and I am paraphrasing her, she said she had a lot to learn , so although she was being criticised in some quarters for not working she was in fact learning about the job behind the scenes. Even today there is a lot of preparation before a trip, could you imagine a tour to a foreign country all that goes into that to make sure you do not put a foot wrong. Or a meeting about a particular project or charity. I am including all the family in this not just the Cambridges.

I remember when the Cambridges were engaged and they were living in Wales, Katherine was asked what she would do, and I am paraphrasing her, she said she had a lot to learn , so although she was being criticised in some quarters for not working she was in fact learning about the job behind the scenes. Even today there is a lot of preparation before a trip, could you imagine a tour to a foreign country all that goes into that to make sure you do not put a foot wrong. Or a meeting about a particular project or charity. I am including all the family in this not just the Cambridges.

Well said. There is a huge amoutn of work that goes on behind the scenes, and the engagement numbers do not necessarily reflect that.

That article is certainly something based on the exerts I am seeing.

Catherine the Great, The Duchess of Cambridge is the front cover and main feature in the July/August Tatler.

There is no interview, no connection to Catherine herself, Tatler have chosen this.

I can’t wait to buy it!

You can tell there's no connection by reading some of the excerpts. They gleefully remind the readers of all the nasty nicknames aimed at Catherine over the years. And then Tatler takes some swipes at the Middleton family, especially Carole. Then they offer some lukewarm praise basically saying "We thought she'd suck at this job, but she's proven to be a useful team player for the royals".

It's Tatler's usual passive-agressive pretense, where the writer brags about their access to aristo circles and has the aristos and former courtiers give evaluations on the former Middleclass Middleton, and of course all the compliments are back-handed because we wouldn't want the Duchess to get a big head.. :whistling:

Last edited:
You can tell there's no connection by reading some of the excerpts. They gleefully remind the readers of all the nasty nicknames aimed at Catherine over the years. And then Tatler takes some swipes at the Middleton family, especially Carole. Then they offer some lukewarm praise basically saying "We thought she'd suck at this job, but she's proven to be a useful team player for the royals".

It's Tatler's usual passive-agressive pretense, where the writer brags about their access to aristo circles and has the aristos and former courtiers give evaluations on the former Middleclass Middleton, and of course all the compliments are back-handed because we wouldn't want the Duchess to get a big head.. :whistling:

Tatler and the aristos can joke as much as they want about Middeclass-Middleton and Doors-to-Manual Carole, but those Middleton girls have certainly married way above the chattering aristos. And as far as Catherine is concerned, she has always been a class act, IMO!

Ah, good old Tatler :lol: I don't even have to read it to know what's going to be in it, a few swipes at middle-class upbringing, Carole the mastermind, who planned it all since her children were born, but overall quite positive.

It's been years and some of them still can't accept the fact she married Willliam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom