General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Louis? I wish he had been included somehow. Also would of been nice to see a piece of art from Charlotte. It's a very sweet card done by George!

LaRae

Where is Louis? I wish he had been included somehow. Also would of been nice to see a piece of art from Charlotte. It's a very sweet card done by George!

LaRae

Do we know that Charlotte made art for today? She could have helped make a dessert, or sang a song, or a million other "gifts" that young children give their parents.

William and Kate have been visiting National Health Service call centres, and paying tribute to all NHS staff. With the older members of the family avoiding social contact under the circumstances, they're taking the lead.

Great photos. Though does seem odd not to include all three of your kids.

George card seems like something he did in school before close down or that the nanny helped him make. It’s not the hand the kid paper and tell him to make mom a card. No doubt charlotte would have also done a craft of some kind.

William and Kate have been visiting National Health Service call centres, and paying tribute to all NHS staff. With the older members of the family avoiding social contact under the circumstances, they're taking the lead.

They are the only ones left. I hope they can carry this. Time to shine.

I like the visual continuity of Charlotte and George having their arms around their parents necks from behind, just like the photo of young William having his arms around the neck of Diana from behind. Charlotte and George being a chip off the old block.

It's also nice that the Cambridges released another photo from their 2018 photo shoot.

Also George is a very talented 6 year old. I couldn't make a card like that until I was about 10.

Lastly, it's so nice to see a tribute to Carole. Often the royal accounts only celebrate the royal relatives (such as birthday posts) and ignore the non-royal relatives. So it's lovely to see a pic of Carole since we know she's such a large presence in her children and grandchildren's lives. On a superficial note, young Carole was gorgeous. She still is an attractive women, but in these old photos it really drives the point home.

I like it too miss whirley. IMO that was likely a factor in selecting the photo as it mirrored the arrangement in the photo with Diana, William and Harry.:)Nice to see the older photo of Carole with her newborn daughter Catherine and of course the Mother's Day art is absolutely charming. As a former classroom teacher I remember helping my students create these little keepsakes for their mothers. However I wouldn't be surprised if this was a project that George created while being homeschooled as there are so many great activities with step by step instructions online for teachers, parents and other caregivers to find in the 21st century.

Last edited:
Such a sweet set of photos! It's great that the Cambridges share private moments like this but not in too much of an intrusive way. They seem to be a very warm and close family.

I like the visual continuity of Charlotte and George having their arms around their parents necks from behind, just like the photo of young William having his arms around the neck of Diana from behind. Charlotte and George being a chip off the old block.

It's also nice that the Cambridges released another photo from their 2018 photo shoot.

Also George is a very talented 6 year old. I couldn't make a card like that until I was about 10.

Lastly, it's so nice to see a tribute to Carole. Often the royal accounts only celebrate the royal relatives (such as birthday posts) and ignore the non-royal relatives. So it's lovely to see a pic of Carole since we know she's such a large presence in her children and grandchildren's lives. On a superficial note, young Carole was gorgeous. She still is an attractive women, but in these old photos it really drives the point home.

George's school has a very high academic standard and IIRC the Cambridges have mentioned before that he is good at drawing and art. One of my mother's colleagues has a son at the rival school to St. Thomas's and he's only a year older than George but is starting to write essays already. The workload and homework content is very advanced for the standard age group.

I like how Prince George put detail into the flower petals on the card. Also I like the checkered tablecloth he made.

Its all in the detail. What I noticed first that accentuates George's artistic eye is the use of both green and tan in the stem/leaves of the flowers. ?

So disappointing that they used a photo from 2 years ago which didn’t even include all of their children.

So disappointing that they used a photo from 2 years ago which didn’t even include all of their children.

Is it really though? Frankly I’m very grateful that the Cambridge’s have allowed us to see the picture.

As far as I’m concerned, the Cambridge’s can use any photos they like - and if that one especially moves them, then that’s what they should use. Louis is as loved as George and Charlotte, is his absence in the photo means nothing.

His absence is just odd for a mother's day photo...which you'd think would show all children. No one is saying anything about him being less loved etc. It's just odd.

LaRae

His absence is just odd for a mother's day photo...which you'd think would show all children. No one is saying anything about him being less loved etc. It's just odd.

LaRae

Not really. The day was about Catherine (plus Diana and Carole). If it was a day about Louis, like his birthday, and they didn't show him than that would be odd. They selected an old picture that showed mama Catherine, in her mother-mode.

I'm glad yesterday was about highlighting Catherine. Since she's the main family photographer, I imagine they have plenty of photos of the kids and/or William. But less photos of Catherine, since they would need to bring in an outside photographer,

Is it really though? Frankly I’m very grateful that the Cambridge’s have allowed us to see the picture.

Ditto. I think we are all grateful there is something new to enjoy to take our mind off things. Hope we get some more soon, particularly with Easter coming up..

These photos are absolutely lovely...and bravo to George on his beautiful card! It really is quite artistic, the details and colors really show an eye for art. Many members of the RF, including his grandfather, are artistically gifted so it does seem like something George might have come by quite naturally. I hope we'll continue to see glimpses of his artwork as he ages. :flowers:

I also thought it was odd they excluded Louis but cute picture nonetheless. Nice they actually posted this year since they didn’t in previous years.

:previous: Such a precious video - and wow - little Louis has really grown! I couldn't tell much from the pixel resolution, but from what I can see he looks like George.

Everyone clapped for the NHS in our street just now and there were even a few fireworks at the end courtesy of the family at the end of the road. We live near a hospital so have quite a few NHS staff in all different sectors living in our road, so this was an extra special touch for us!

Well, I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing time to jump forward under the current circumstances but what the heck - how far have we gone :ohmy::ohmy:

Wow, when I first saw this, I obviously hadn't scrolled down far enough and must have only seen George and Charlotte's heads and then re-watched later and ahhh ?

This is the ‪cutest thing ever. I can’t believe how big Louis is getting, and how he looks up at his big bro and sis. George smirking is adorable, lol

Wonderful video from Kensington Palace this evening.

Last edited:
What a wonderful clip!

Wow does Louis Look Like Andrew around that age! Genetics are a dice roll !

Such a cute video! Great to see healthcare workers get the appreciation and love they deserve.

I can’t tell who Louis looks like! He has changed so much. All boys are so handsome!

This is the first time I see Charlotte wearing pants! She is so darn cute!!!!

Louis is a star! I love his clappng.:lol:

Louis has grown up so much since we last saw him, and George is getting so tall! What a beautiful family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom