General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to have changed all their SM handles from "Kensington Royal" to DukeandDuchessofCambridge as well.

So I'm assuming this is going to be like the other "royal family" channels from various news outlets except official and have clips of their visits and other announcements?

Their comms team certainly has been busy and there's an effort to make things interesting rather than dry.

Looks like the Guardian's "The Cambridges are Having a Good Megixt" potentially hit on something.

So, perhaps Megxit did them a favour – it was the thunderclap that woke them up. Every strong brand needs a rival and the Cambridges appear to have found theirs.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-couple-other-couple-that-is-kate-and-william

Last edited:
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

^They make a good point- perhaps Mexit is a partial driver behind this.

If so- they’ve done well IMO.

Loved the video they did together. Having fun together and joking around. They glow in each other's company. <3

This sounds interesting.

Their communications team has really been busy.
You are right! It looks like their communications team is using their 10th anniversary to really publicize them and start some new things - love the video of C correcting W - lol!

With the Youtube channel and Instagram username change, the Cambridges are *really* trying to modernize. Tbh it feels like they're trying a bit too hard to be relatable, but given the current state of affairs within the BRF I can see why they're doing a re-brand. Curious to see how this turns out for them.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge they have their own Youtube Channel!

I wonder, how they will deal in the future with the commentaries function: On or Off? Will they moderate?

From time to time there is much hatred on social media - against royals too. So, I see this social media campaign as double edged...

But as long as they don't dance on TikTok...

With the Youtube channel and Instagram username change, the Cambridges are *really* trying to modernize. Tbh it feels like they're trying a bit too hard to be relatable, but given the current state of affairs within the BRF I can see why they're doing a re-brand. Curious to see how this turns out for them.

To be honest, they needed too. Quite a few polls have come out showing the BRF as a whole are having issues being relatable to the 18-35 year old age group. Instead, the BRF finally realised the Cambridge's are the future of the BRF and need to rebrand them, especially for the US and international market. At the moment, Prince Harry and Megan are trying to market themselves as the BRF in the US - the comms department of the BRF needed to re-pivot.

I wonder, how they will deal in the future with the commentaries function: On or Off? Will they moderate?

From time to time there is much hatred on social media - against royals too. So, I see this social media campaign as double edged...

But as long as they don't dance on TikTok...

The comms department can pick and choose when to switch off comments. At the moment, the comments are helping them gauge its popularity

You are right! It looks like their communications team is using their 10th anniversary to really publicize them and start some new things - love the video of C correcting W - lol!

Their youtube page shows that they joined on 7 Oct 2020, so seems like they did time it until after their anniversary.

Though, wouldn't it be sweeter if the first uploaded video was their (family) anni video? That would attract more viewer.

Last edited:
^They make a good point- perhaps Mexit is a partial driver behind this.

If so- they’ve done well IMO.

They had to deal with two unexpected events in the last couple of years - Harry and Meghan leaving, as well as COVID and all the changes that brought. They wouldn’t have chosen to have any of this happen, but a crisis can present an opportunity for growth and creativity.

William and Kate, and their team, decided to rise to the occasion. They didn’t spend time spinning their wheels and they didn’t get sidetracked by Harry and Meghan’s nonsense.

I don’t agree with The Guardian’s thought that William and Kate see The Sussexes as rivals, but I think Harry and Meghan taking off forced the team at Kensington Palace to really take stock of everything William and Kate bring to the table, because everything’s on them now. The way I see it, the team is doing a better job of highlighting various strengths that The Cambridges have always had.

I think your assessment is pretty spot on, camelot23ca. When the going got a bit tough, the Cambridges got going. They looked into and found different ways and means of doing things that don't seem like they're being "innovative" and "different" or "controversial" but things that seem to naturally flow from the times that the world has endured for the past year or so because of the pandemic. As more people worked from home and kids did online classes via a computer and "Zoom", more people have discovered the benefits of YouTube and online channels.

It's such a good way to personally reach so many people all at one time. ?

As a person who regularly watches Youtube (and hardly watch TV), I'm very excited about The Duke and Duchess of Cambridges's Youtube channel. ?

I enjoyed watching the short introductory video, which shows the fun side and chemistry between William and Catherine.

Unlike the Royal Family's Youtube channel, The Cambridge's have not turn off the comment section.

HM, many years ago, was said to have despaired over her Mother's and Diana's popularity. They were crowd-pleasers and she was the boring one stuck in the middle of 2 superstars.

Let's hope the PoW sees this pattern and relaxes.

To be honest, they needed too. Quite a few polls have come out showing the BRF as a whole are having issues being relatable to the 18-35 year old age group. Instead, the BRF finally realised the Cambridge's are the future of the BRF and need to rebrand them, especially for the US and international market. At the moment, Prince Harry and Megan are trying to market themselves as the BRF in the US - the comms department of the BRF needed to re-pivot.

What the US thinks of the Cambridges and the royal family couldn't matter less.

Nobody in the UK is going to think "Oh what a disaster, Americans don't like our royals. We must immediately get rid of them - or get Harry and Meghan to take over."

Popularity for individual members comes and goes as they grow up and grow old. If the institution is still valued it will survive. If it's not, it won't.

As a person who regularly watches Youtube (and hardly watch TV), I'm very excited about The Duke and Duchess of Cambridges's Youtube channel. ?

I enjoyed watching the short introductory video, which shows the fun side and chemistry between William and Catherine.

Unlike the Royal Family's Youtube channel, The Cambridge's have not turn off the comment section.

Excuse me, but have u understood what exactly they said in the end of the video? Is it about rolling R or voweling R?:ermm::ermm:

HM, many years ago, was said to have despaired over her Mother's and Diana's popularity. They were crowd-pleasers and she was the boring one stuck in the middle of 2 superstars.

Do you really think the queen is so vain????

Nobody in the UK is going to think "Oh what a disaster, Americans don't like our royals. We must immediately get rid of them - or get Harry and Meghan to take over."

Popularity for individual members comes and goes as they grow up and grow old. If the institution is still valued it will survive. If it's not, it won't.

Im not quite sure how Harry and M can market themselves as teh BRF in America.. since the US is a republic and tehy are no longer members of the working BRF.

Loved the video they did together. Having fun together and joking around. They glow in each other's company. <3

Yes, and no complaints about anybody :)
they really look relaxed, happy and peacefully resting in their marriage.

Compared to other european royals, as being danish from birth I so far know the most about the scandinavian royals, W&K are doing a good step for the future of the monarchy. In Scandinavia people relate still strongly to their royals, but beside many other effects, the royals are more relaxed and connect strongly with their people using social media for quite a long time now. W&K's YT channel is highly appreciated, if I may tell my british husband's opinion aswell.

May they remain healthy and happy with their children and
thanks for their service to the people.

I love this so much ! I’m laughing at William not having a clue, and I just love that Kate is encouraging continued closeness between father and son. ???

The pair then chatted about gardening during the visit on Thursday, with His Royal Highness telling Brian: “My wife does all the gardening.

“I really like it but I have no idea what I’m doing.”

Brian said afterwards: “He told me Kate is getting him into gardening. She’s going to get him Monty Don’s book.

“He said she wants to get him into it because Charles is into it, so it’s something for them to enjoy together. He was so down to earth, such a nice man.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...n-gardening-prince-charles-wales-b933621.html

I don't think HM cares about that, to be honest. N this whole "superstar" came with lots of drama, and the Queen doesn't like drama. The Queen likes to be respected, I think.

Yes I agree. If we want to become a republic then we will & if we don't we won't. Individuals can certainly play a part in boosting or lowering support but in the end it's a political question about how we govern ourselves.

Not convinced that you tube channels are the right way to go tbh although I can see why others do. Seems a bit too much like chasing popularity which they simply don't need to do.

I'm not sure why it would matter what anyone thinks of the monarchy in the USA or anywhere else really other than the Commonwealth Realms.

Last edited:

You do realise the biggest number of tourists to the UK are from the US? Once covid settles, don't you think the British govt wants to capitalise on their biggest tourist drawcard? Do you think the BRF/Cambridges are setting up a YouTube channel for the hell of it? No. Think a little outside the square....

You do realise the biggest number of tourists to the UK are from the US? Once covid settles, don't you think the British govt wants to capitalise on their biggest tourist drawcard? Do you think the BRF/Cambridges are setting up a YouTube channel for the hell of it? No. Think a little outside the square....

And do you really think there will be a single american not visiting Britain or europe only because Harry and Meghan have left...?! Come on!
It will always be the magic of the institution of monarchy and the history, the palaces, the Guards in front of it that matter to tourists.

Last edited:

Clearly they want to improve on and capitalise on their current PR with their new Youtube Channel and Instagram make over. They currently seem to be doing quite well in the UK with increased polling for both of them and a lot of glowing media articles. The UK and Commonwealth remains their primary concern because those *are* the realms that matter for the future of the monarchy.

However whilst US (and many other) tourists are an important part of the economy I don't think it entirely matters if the Cambridges are personally popular in terms of visiting the UK. US visitors didn't stop coming to royal locations in the aftermath of Diana and the anger towards the monarchy from some quarters.

Clearly they want to improve on and capitalise on their current PR with their new Youtube Channel and Instagram make over. They currently seem to be doing quite well in the UK with increased polling for both of them and a lot of glowing media articles. The UK and Commonwealth remains their primary concern because those *are* the realms that matter for the future of the monarchy.

However whilst US (and many other) tourists are an important part of the economy I don't think it entirely matters if the Cambridges are personally popular in terms of visiting the UK. US visitors didn't stop coming to royal locations in the aftermath of Diana and the anger towards the monarchy from some quarters.

I think a good indication that the activities and the PR and YouTube channel are not indicative that they're playing to draw in the US tourists is the obvious fact that whatever the Cambridges do or what they present to the public via social media etc., is that a very minute amount of what they do affects the US general public. Their incentives are basically limited to the UK and the Commonwealth realms. Of course, there are some international incentives such as United for Wildlife and a few others.

Basically, they're promoting and serving those that fall under the monarchy's umbrella. At least that's how I see it. ?

Of course they are. They are not there to "draw tourists" to the UK...

And do you really think there will be a single american not visiting Britain or europe only because Harry and Meghan have left...?! Come on!
It will always be the magic of the institution of monarchy and the history, the palaces, the Guards in front of it that matter to tourists.

Seriously? When you ask the average person about the BRF, they WON'T answer on its history, they will answer the Queen, Princess Diana, Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry. That is the magic of the BRF. This is why the Cambridges PR are working OVERTIME to saturate social media. Most tourist cannot name the monarch before the Queen. Your 24-35 year olds, who have the disposable income to travel, know very little on the BRF history, or name any palace other than Buckingham Palace. But they remember who they see on social media.

The Cambridges are a MASSIVE tourist draw card, after the Queen. This is the BRF being strategic and finally understanding the 15-35 year old demographic.

They are not going to see Will and K when they go to England, so what does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom