General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with all the ooh and aching Louis is completely sweet Kate is lovely Mum I agree I think Louis looks very much like his maternal grandfather

Louis and George are very much Middleton's. Although George has a bit of his father. Louis is all Middleton.

Louis is so cute and has grown so much! I was born in the area and used to spend many of my first walks on the Battersea Bridge too.

Kensington Palace forces Tatler to cut down ‘cruel’ profile of Kate Middleton after accusing mag of a ‘string of lies’

KENSINGTON Palace has forced Tatler to cut down its 'cruel' profile of Kate Middleton after accusing the magazine of writing a "string of lies."

The magazine has caved in to the Duchess and removed parts of the piece where "snobby" jabs were made at Kate's mum Caroline and sister Pippa.

[...]

The magazine has now agreed to cut down the online profile by nearly a quarter - four months after its publication.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/12717621/kensington-palace-forces-tatler-kate-middleton/

ETA:
Another article:
Victory for Kate Middleton as society bible Tatler caves in on its 'cruel, snobbish, woman-shaming demolition job' – by deleting barbs about Carole, Pippa… and a poster of Prince William on the future Duchess's bedroom wall

[...]

A source close to the magazine's publisher Condé Nast said: 'Tatler has a long-standing relationship with the Royal Family and wanted to end this amicably.' A spokesman for Kensington Palace declined to comment.

[...]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ate-Middleton-society-bible-Tatler-caves.html

Last edited:
Kensington Palace forces Tatler to cut down ‘cruel’ profile of Kate Middleton after accusing mag of a ‘string of lies’

KENSINGTON Palace has forced Tatler to cut down its 'cruel' profile of Kate Middleton after accusing the magazine of writing a "string of lies."

The magazine has caved in to the Duchess and removed parts of the piece where "snobby" jabs were made at Kate's mum Caroline and sister Pippa.

[...]

The magazine has now agreed to cut down the online profile by nearly a quarter - four months after its publication.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/12717621/kensington-palace-forces-tatler-kate-middleton/

ETA:
Another article:
Victory for Kate Middleton as society bible Tatler caves in on its 'cruel, snobbish, woman-shaming demolition job' – by deleting barbs about Carole, Pippa… and a poster of Prince William on the future Duchess's bedroom wall

[...]

A source close to the magazine's publisher Condé Nast said: 'Tatler has a long-standing relationship with the Royal Family and wanted to end this amicably.' A spokesman for Kensington Palace declined to comment.

[...]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ate-Middleton-society-bible-Tatler-caves.html

After searching through the Tatler article using the "Command + F" function, the bits where Daily Mail article mentioned "What it said" and "now" are correct. Tatler has also written "This is an edited version of an Article that was published on 25 May and appeared in the July/August issue" at the end of the article, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is crowned Catherine the Great on the July/August cover. Carole is still mentioned in the article with five times, while Pippa and James Middleton gets no mention at all. Michael is mentioned twice.

https://www.tatler.com/article/the-duchess-of-cambridge-is-the-julyaugust-cover

I'm glad Tatler remove the "snobbery comments" on Carole and Pippa Middleton. Tatler should play its role as a high society magazine, not as a gossip tabloid. I don't think the "British upper-middle class and upper class, and those interested in society events" would be pleased with that original article either, which are Tatler's target audience.

I am all for publishing facts, whether that is positive or negative, but Tatler has gone into the muddy waters of subjective opinions driven by rumours and lies. Hence, Kensington Palace has to step in.

Last edited:
The irony to me was always that Carole was essentially the target audience for Tatler so attacking her was like attacking their own readers and their class. Glad it has been sorted hopefully both sides are happy enough with the outcome and can move on.

Oh, good...I found that article to be insulting ...yes, to Kate’s mother and sister, but primarily to Kate herself. There were so many untruths - oh heck, outright lies- and I felt that the article was a response to things said about a certain Duchess. It was a hatchet job on Kate.

After searching through the Tatler article using the "Command + F" function, the bits where Daily Mail article mentioned "What it said" and "now" are correct. Tatler has also written "This is an edited version of an Article that was published on 25 May and appeared in the July/August issue" at the end of the article, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is crowned Catherine the Great on the July/August cover. Carole is still mentioned in the article with five times, while Pippa and James Middleton gets no mention at all. Michael is mentioned twice.

https://www.tatler.com/article/the-duchess-of-cambridge-is-the-julyaugust-cover

I'm glad Tatler remove the "snobbery comments" on Carole and Pippa Middleton. Tatler should play its role as a high society magazine, not as a gossip tabloid. I don't think the "British upper-middle class and upper class, and those interested in society events" would be pleased with that original article either, which are Tatler's target audience.

I am all for publishing facts, whether that is positive or negative, but Tatler has gone into the muddy waters of subjective opinions driven by rumours and lies. Hence, Kensington Palace has to step in.

True. And since Tatler had every intention of fighting for their article, that they had to remove so much of it after the complaint process shows how much of the original article was unsourced. So even pushing aside the misogynistic and classist barbs, it was a poorly researched article.

So even if the writer and editor had an agenda, I'm not sure an article filled with conjecture and weak factual foundation was the best way to promote the duo's (contempt? dissatisfaction? superiority?) against the Middleton women. An odd hill to die on. One that seemed highly personal, yet the lack of sources show an almost non-exsistant personal connection. Just odd.

Last edited:
A number of posts have been deleted as being either speculative, or in response to posts that are speculative or unsubstantiated. Please see the following forum rule:

--Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

Any further posts along those lines will also be deleted without notice.

:previous:

Thank you An Ard Ri for the link!! ?

Kensington Palace has release some images on twitter, which Hello! has picked them up quicker than me posting this :lol:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to share new photographs of their family with Sir David Attenborough, taken after The Duke and Sir David attended an outdoor screening of Sir David’s upcoming feature film.
7:30 AM · Sep 27, 2020·Twitter Web App

Replying to @KensingtonRoyal
Tooth When they met, Sir David Attenborough gave Prince George a tooth from a giant shark, the scientific name of which is carcharocles megalodon (‘big tooth’).

Film frames Sir David Attenborough joined The Duke of Cambridge for a private outdoor screening of his upcoming film 'David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet', at Kensington Palace.

[Earth globe europe-africa] The Duke and Sir David Attenborough continue to support one another in their missions to tackle some of the biggest environmental challenges our planet faces.
This includes working together on the @EarthshotPrize – further details of which will be shared in the coming weeks.
7:30 AM · Sep 27, 2020·Twitter Web App​

What a great experience for the kids to meet him :flowers:

At Charlotte's age, heck at my current age, I would likely have 'borrowed' my brother's gift. I would have been all over the fossil tooth and any thing like that. I was the kid who was watching nature shows and such when other kids were watching cartoons on Saturday morning.

What a great experience for the kids to meet him :flowers:

At Charlotte's age, heck at my current age, I would likely have 'borrowed' my brother's gift. I would have been all over the fossil tooth and any thing like that. I was the kid who was watching nature shows and such when other kids were watching cartoons on Saturday morning.

Her face was a delight, she was so excited at meeting him.

What an incredible opportunity for the Cambridge children - really nice that William and Catherine let them join in with the event. I'm sure George was really excited to get the dinosaur tooth, pretty much all kids his age are obsessed with everything to do with dinosaurs at the moment (or at least, I've not met/worked with one who isn't!). The look on Charlotte's face when Sir David came out to meet them was precious.

Malta needs to get a grip ...they actually want the shark tooth back.

Utter BS. The shark tooth doesn’t belong to Malta; it was found where it had lain since the shark died millions of years ago. Should everyone who’s ever collected a fossil return it to the country/state where they found it? The tooth is NOT the Elgin Marbles, and Sir David had the right to do with it as he wished. Twitter comments are so stupid.

However, Maltese Culture Minister Jose Herrera said the tooth should be in a local museum and promised to “set the ball rolling” to get it back.

“There are some artefacts that are important to Maltese natural heritage and which ended up abroad and deserve to be retrieved,” Herrera told the Times of Malta, without giving details of how he intended to recover the fossil.

http://reut.rs/3kUUOv4

Utter BS. The shark tooth doesn’t belong to Malta; it was found where it had lain since the shark died millions of years ago. Should everyone who’s ever collected a fossil return it to the country/state where they found it? The tooth is NOT the Elgin Marbles, and Sir David had the right to do with it as he wished. Twitter comments are so stupid.

Omid scobie also tweeted out with the article and the replies as you mentioned were "stupid". The people who followed and replied to Omid are mostly from "Sussex squad" or Harry & Meghan supporter. That really didn't help his status as a balance "royal reporter". :whistling:

Well, to be honest, this is not my most important concern, considered that he's not really stating an opinion

Mind you there are other occasion where he deliberately want to tarnish/shade other members of the royal family at the expense of the Sussexes. A few days ago, Omid Scobie tweeted out in an attack on the Duke and Duchess of Gloucesters, as if he is comparing them with Harry and Meghan :furious:
Omid Scobie @scobie
One of the lesser discussed items from the Sovereign Grant report I felt important to keep in my coverage was the $1.3m (so far) spent on renovating a new home for the Gloucesters. So much noise in the past about home renovations but the same critics seem less fussed today. Odd.
7:35 AM · Sep 26, 2020·Twitter for Android​

Harry & Meghan only had been Senior working royal for less than 3 years, while the Duke and Duchess of Gloucesters have been working for more than 40 years and continues to support the Queen. :nonono::glare:

I agree that it seems ridiculous for Malta to claim ownership of the shark tooth. Surely they have better things to be worrying about in the midst of a pandemic!

Omid scobie also tweeted out with the article and the replies as you mentioned were "stupid". The people who followed and replied to Omid are mostly from "Sussex squad" or Harry & Meghan supporter. That really didn't help his status as a balance "royal reporter". :whistling:

Well, to be honest, this is not my most important concern, considered that he's not really stating an opinion

Mind you there are other occasion where he deliberately want to tarnish/shade other members of the royal family at the expense of the Sussexes. A few days ago, Omid Scobie tweeted out in an attack on the Duke and Duchess of Gloucesters, as if he is comparing them with Harry and Meghan :furious:
Omid Scobie @scobie
One of the lesser discussed items from the Sovereign Grant report I felt important to keep in my coverage was the $1.3m (so far) spent on renovating a new home for the Gloucesters. So much noise in the past about home renovations but the same critics seem less fussed today. Odd.
7:35 AM · Sep 26, 2020·Twitter for Android​

Harry & Meghan only had been Senior working royal for less than 3 years, while the Duke and Duchess of Gloucesters have been working for more than 40 years and continues to support the Queen. :nonono::glare:

I saw that...as he so eloquently put it ...”oh”. LOL

I agree that it seems ridiculous for Malta to claim ownership of the shark tooth. Surely they have better things to be worrying about in the midst of a pandemic!

I think at any time is a terrible position, and I hope the Cambridges ignore Malta completely...( but yes, especially now)

Last edited by a moderator:
Roberta Metsola, a MEP representing Malta has tweeted out in defence of Sir David Attenborough and Prince George. She has retweeted Reuters tweet as well.

Roberta Metsola MEP @RobertaMetsola
This is not satire. We have lost the plot.
Rather than fight to get back the millions it allowed to be stolen in corruption, this #Malta Government's priority is now to engage in a battle with a little boy for a shark's tooth given to him by the world's leading natural historian
1:06 AM · Sep 29, 2020·Twitter for Android​

Roberta Metsola, a MEP representing Malta has tweeted out in defence of Sir David Attenborough and Prince George. She has retweeted Reuters tweet as well.

Roberta Metsola MEP @RobertaMetsola
This is not satire. We have lost the plot.
Rather than fight to get back the millions it allowed to be stolen in corruption, this #Malta Government's priority is now to engage in a battle with a little boy for a shark's tooth given to him by the world's leading natural historian
1:06 AM · Sep 29, 2020·Twitter for Android​

That tweet is perfect. Roberta Metsola should be given a crown made of diamonds and solid gold shark teeth.

And “This is not satire; we have lost the plot” should be the official worldwide slogan for 2020.

Countries do govern any natural resources that come from their land. And that includes fossils of animals. Malta certainly isn't the only one. Hawaii doesnt allow for sand, stone or lava rock to be taken from the island. I recall in Cuba you were not allowed to take shells (I have a bracelet from Cuban shells but it got out as it was in jewelry form when it went through).

A number of European museums are facing demands from countries in Africa and South America for the return of fossils.

But it seems Malta is simply trying to make a show of it. The shark tooth is big news because it was given to George. They are trying to make headlines.

That tweet is perfect. Roberta Metsola should be given a crown made of diamonds and solid gold shark teeth.

And “This is not satire; we have lost the plot” should be the official worldwide slogan for 2020.

I agree, it’s awesome ..and I need to see that crown, lol

Ha, perfect motto! ?????

Countries do govern any natural resources that come from their land. And that includes fossils of animals. Malta certainly isn't the only one. Hawaii doesnt allow for sand, stone or lava rock to be taken from the island. I recall in Cuba you were not allowed to take shells (I have a bracelet from Cuban shells but it got out as it was in jewelry form when it went through).

A number of European museums are facing demands from countries in Africa and South America for the return of fossils.

But it seems Malta is simply trying to make a show of it. The shark tooth is big news because it was given to George. They are trying to make headlines.

I knew that about Hawaii, but I see that as different from fossils as the islands are actually made up of sand, stone and lava rock. No disrespect to those countries, but IMO fossils aren’t owned and don’t belong to any nation, just like the extinct animals who died didn’t belong to anyone. Dinosaur bones I can see...not shark teeth or much smaller fossils.

I knew that about Hawaii, but I see that as different from fossils as the islands are actually made up of sand, stone and lava rock. No disrespect to those countries, but IMO fossils aren’t owned and don’t belong to any nation, just like the extinct animals who died didn’t belong to anyone. Dinosaur bones I can see...not shark teeth or much smaller fossils.

Countries have the right to stop people hunting and taking trophies out of the country. There is nothing different about fossils. Fossils were once living animals and part of the land they were in. They are a much part of the natural make up of a country as lava rock is or sand on a beach.

To argue that a shark tooth is too small to matter :bang: Some dinosaurs are tiny. Should only a certain size of dinosaur matter?

Modern countries have laws in place to prevent fossils from being taken out of them. Do you think the US allows people to go digging around their national parks and shipping bones off to museum in other countries? No they don't. The museums in Europe just luck out as they got their hands on these bones before the laws were in place.

Natural history and ecology is just as important as human history to a land.

https://legislation.mt/eli/cap/445/eng/pdf

Last edited:
Countries have the right to stop people hunting and taking trophies out of the country. There is nothing different about fossils. Fossils were once living animals and part of the land they were in. They are a much part of the natural make up of a country as lava rock is or sand on a beach.

To argue that a shark tooth is too small to matter :bang: Some dinosaurs are tiny. Should only a certain size of dinosaur matter?

Modern countries have laws in place to prevent fossils from being taken out of them. Do you think the US allows people to go digging around their national parks and shipping bones off to museum in other countries? No they don't. The museums in Europe just luck out as they got their hands on these bones before the laws were in place.

Natural history and ecology is just as important as human history to a land.

https://legislation.mt/eli/cap/445/eng/pdf

What you’re talking about and what I’m talking about aren’t the same thing. Of course people shouldn’t be able to dig up National Parks and take home anything they find there, but people find sharks teeth or other fossils in the beach or nearby - and they keep them. There are no Federal or State laws prohibiting people from digging for fossils on beaches. There are no laws in England prohibiting people from fossil hunting on the Jurassic Coast; in fact, it’s a big deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom