General News for Prince Harry, Part 1: December 2016 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if Harry is back from the trip to Africa?

I think Harry has missed his calling. He would make a good spy he slips in and out of places without being spotted

Last edited:
phil dampier‏ @phildampier
William and Harry came across very well in #Diana7Days except for H contradicting previous interview about walking behind coffin. Silly.

Majesty/Joe Little‏ @MajestyMagazine
Curious, given that all the interviews were filmed around the same time in the spring.

phil dampier‏ @phildampier
Agree Joe. Very very odd but makes him look like someone who says the first thing that pops into his head.

From me: I agree with phil, and I think Harry is going to be a problem in the future - why? He doesn't think before he speaks. And his don't ''want to be King or Queen'' interview was disastrous and is still being used against the monarchy, Charles and William by republicans.

I guess there are positives and negatives in Harry's character traits. His spontaneity and ease of meeting people and putting them at ease instantly is most definitely a positive. Just being spontaneous and saying whatever comes to mind is something he may need to work on.

I think we all have areas of character traits we need to work on. Harry is no different. ?

From me: I agree with phil, and I think Harry is going to be a problem in the future - why? He doesn't think before he speaks. And his don't ''want to be King or Queen'' interview was disastrous and is still being used against the monarchy, Charles and William by republicans.

Why he would wish badly to his brother, nephew and niece?

Its as Royal Norway wrote - he doesn't think before he speaks, therefore does not work out first the consequences of what he says.

There is no deliberate nastiness going-on - but by now, he should be able to know what to say and how to say it.

I don't say he is intentionally wishing his father, brother or the monarchy badly, but he has to stop doing these interviews of his.

Perhaps he should see if Peter Settelen is available for coaching? :whistling:

(ducks and runs for cover)

Its as Royal Norway wrote - he doesn't think before he speaks, therefore does not work out first the consequences of what he says.

There is no deliberate nastiness going-on - but by now, he should be able to know what to say and how to say it.

His grandfather has never learned this lesson!

:previous: I don't think we can compare Philip and Harry.

Philip: A tough man who doesn't care what people think about him, who has insulted people more than once and who has said some pretty downright offending, racist and sexist things. And the only reason he's getting away with it now is because he is 96-years-old and is respected for the support he has given to the Queen over all these years.

Harry: As I wrote above, we can't compare him with his grandfather - why? Because Harry is a normal guy and journalists/people listen to what he says and take it seriously. Not that Philip is unnormal, but Philip is Philip.

I wouldn't expect Harry to say any of the sort of things the DoE has said! He might occasionally err in what he says, but his genial and unassuming personality will be taken into account. He's not really what I would call a loose cannon when it comes to expressing himself.

I wouldn't expect Harry to say any of the sort of things the DoE has said! He might occasionally err in what he says, but his genial and unassuming personality will be taken into account. He's not really what I would call a loose cannon when it comes to expressing himself.

For Harry its more serious TBH

Prince Philip has made locals laugh and press find a story but he is Philip and no harm done.

Harry in recent weeks of press/TV coverage has been monitored closely and the contradiction between his Newsweek article and what he said on Diana:7days has been noted and commented on in the UK. "Silly" is the kindest comment. That may seem like nothing to Harry-huggers but if his comments can't be trusted he will lose credibility.

Harry's comments seemed reasonable to me, I guess my interpretation is different from others as I don't see it as a contradiction but more as conflicted feelings. On one hand, what 12 year old wants to think about having to march behind their young mother's coffin, shouldn't a Mum be really old before they die? On the other hand, out of a sense of duty, you graciously do what is necessary in memory of a mother who died suddenly at a young age.

I don't say he is intentionally wishing his father, brother or the monarchy badly, but he has to stop doing these interviews of his.

As I noted in either this or another thread when this topic was initially being discussed, Prince Harry has said nothing differently than what Prince William has intimated in interviews as well. Nor differently from what Prince Philip has aggressively commented on since the late 1950s and early 1960s, when he was decidedly not yet in his 90s. Prince Philip has often said that the royals are willing to go away, if that's what the British public desires. I doubt the majority of the British public desires that, no matter the grumbling. The institution of monarchy is frankly one of Britain's greatest assets and tourist attractions. But the 24/7 fishbowl lifestyle can be quite burdensome to members of the royal family.

Queen Elizabeth has handled it all quite admirably and with astonishing dignity and grace. It's due to her personality and to her deep regard for the best traditions of how she was raised. The new generation of royals respect what the Queen has achieved, and they will do everything to further the best traditions that are not too old-fashioned and outdated. They also respect the honor and dignity that their grandmother stands for, and they know her quite intimately, so they actually probably know more about what she actually thinks than any of us do.

In an interview given after criticism in the press about his small number of royal engagements, William expressed that he's not eagerly anticipating inheriting the throne because that would mean he's also lost family members. He also spoke of being more focused on nurturing his children and easing slowly into taking on a larger 'royal duties' role, which is an approach fully approved by the Queen and Prince Charles.

I think the below video is a testament to the Queen's love for Prince Harry. And it also gives a sense of how much the Queen is on a satisfactory wavelength with appreciating how Harry and William can bring the monarchy into a new era (managing keeping abreast with new technologies and changing cultural attitudes and trends, along with continuing to maintain respect for the best traditions of the past):

Last edited:
The GBP (great British public) has apparently been able to tolerate crude racist and sexist remarks by the DoE, and is in the process of forgiving and forgetting bad behavior on the part of the PoW and the DoC.

Why, then, would the somewhat confused and mainly innocuous remarks on the part of the fifth in line for the Throne be such a shocking and damaging event? He is only just now at the age when his father committed himself to an engagement based on false representation.

Are we straining at gnats while swallowing camels?

IMO

Yes, I think some are. For some anything Harry says or does is plainly wrong or doesn't fit the presumed standards for Royal behaviour. Even with Sentabale and the IG there is criticism, implied or overt.

As I noted in either this or another thread when this topic was initially being discussed, Prince Harry has said nothing differently than what Prince William has intimated in interviews as well. Nor differently from what Prince Philip has aggressively commented on since the late 1950s and early 1960s, when he was decidedly not yet in his 90s. Prince Philip has often said that the royals are willing to go away, if that's what the British public desires. I doubt the majority of the British public desires that, no matter the grumbling. The institution of monarchy is frankly one of Britain's greatest assets and tourist attractions. But the 24/7 fishbowl lifestyle can be quite burdensome to members of the royal family.

Queen Elizabeth has handled it all quite admirably and with astonishing dignity and grace. It's due to her personality and to her deep regard for the best traditions of how she was raised. The new generation of royals respect what the Queen has achieved, and they will do everything to further the best traditions that are not too old-fashioned and outdated. They also respect the honor and dignity that their grandmother stands for, and they know her quite intimately, so they actually probably know more about what she actually thinks than any of us do.

In an interview given after criticism in the press about his small number of royal engagements, William expressed that he's not eagerly anticipating inheriting the throne because that would mean he's also lost family members. He also spoke of being more focused on nurturing his children and easing slowly into taking on a larger 'royal duties' role, which is an approach fully approved by the Queen and Prince Charles.

I think the below video is a testament to the Queen's love for Prince Harry. And it also gives a sense of how much the Queen is on a satisfactory wavelength with appreciating how Harry and William can bring the monarchy into a new era (managing keeping abreast with new technologies and changing cultural attitudes and trends, along with continuing to maintain respect for the best traditions of the past):

Yes, the Queen loves her grandchildren and both the princes (especially William who have a close relationship with her) have talked and praises her in several interviews, speeches and documentaries since 2012.

But this hasn't anything to with that, Philip, Williams engagements or the funny and great video of HM and her grandson. It has to do with Harry thinking before speaking.

You wrote:
Queen Elizabeth has handled it all quite admirably and with astonishing dignity and grace. It's due to her personality and to her deep regard for the best traditions of how she was raised.
I agree, but she is also a very modern monarch close to her people with her walkabouts etc, although we haven't seen so much of it since 2012 because of her age.

And great post by the way (although I don't agree with everything).

Last edited:
But this hasn't anything to with that, Philip, Williams engagements or the funny and great video of HM and her grandson. It has to do with Harry thinking before speaking

It's hard to believe that the average citizen is outraged by Harry being Harry. Just so I'm straight on what we're talking about :confused: is it that Harry gave varying answers about what he may have thought or done after the most traumatic event of his childhood, or that he acknowledged that becoming the Monarch was a duty that no one yearned for? What have I missed?

:previous: Thanks so much @ladongas! You took my rebuttal response to @ROYAL NORWAY, right out of my mouth. :D

I mean seriously! Prince Harry is doing quite fine in my estimation, in having gotten through his youthful anguish and his 'difficulty with coping' years. Adolescence and young adulthood is difficult for everyone. Can you imagine being a British royal prince and one of the high profile sons of formerly the most photographed and idolized woman in the world who was taken away from you suddenly and tragically??? :sad:

Prince Harry is trying to be as open and honest as possible under the over-scrutinized circumstances he's lived with since birth. He's doing the best he can. He's not perfect and he has struggled and he's made a number of youthful, highly publicized mistakes. Would you enjoy having all your youthful errors available in perpetuity to be examined and gossiped about?!

Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with Prince Harry's comments in the various recent interviews and documentaries. It's the press that has tried to exaggerate and highlight his words out-of-context, for their own aims.

I for one, am so happy for the fact that Prince Harry is no longer melancholy in love and in life. He's a sweet guy who has matured quite wonderfully before our eyes. None of us are perfect. And we all have different aspects of our personalities inside of us that don't fact check each other to present a united front on each and every public occasion and official utterance! God help us all! :bang: ?

Last edited:
Thank you Maia and ladongas. You've both expressed yourselves beautifully on this issue, and I thoroughly agree with all points.

Times like this when the "never explain, never complain" mantra often used by the Queen Mother pays off. Whilst on one hand it is great that the younger royals are more open to interviews etc it does also, potentially, open up more problems. Something W & H may have to thing about in the future.

Several posts have been deleted as they were off topic, with some comments attacking another poster, which will not be tolerated. Please be respectful of one anothers' views when they differ.
Please also be reminded that discussion and posts relating to the 20th Anniversary of Diana's death should be taking place in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...princess-of-wales-august-31-2017-a-42008.html thread - as such, posts relating to William and Harry eating tribute to their mother today have been moved to that thread.

Last edited:
Ok I don't get the 'slimmer' comment...he looks the same has he's been looking. He's just wearing more casual clothes in the pic.

LaRae

Thank you Zonk. We'll be on our best behavior. I promise! :D

Some unhinged people out there.

A Singaporean Isil militant has challenged Prince Harry to a fight in a new video that emerged this weekend.

The three and a half minute long footage, shot in English, shows a fighter identified as Abu Uqayl from Singapore laying down the challenge after taking issue with the prince talking about a terror attack in London when he visited the affluent Asian city-state in June.

“Why don’t you come here and fight us if you’re man enough, so that we can send you and your Apaches to hellfire, biidhnillah (Allah permitting)?” he says.
Read more: Prince Harry challenged by Singaporean Isil militant: 'Why don’t you come here and fight us'

:previous: That's a lot of big talk! Bah.

Some people never grow up. :whistling:

Big mouth, no brains. Sounds like he wants to punch an Apache in the nose. Good luck with that. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom