General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla, Part 2: June 2024-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
1718972224798.png
Arms of The British Monarch

Welcome to King Charles III and Queen Camilla's
General News Thread, Part Two

Commencing June 21st, 2024

The previous thread can be found here.

Please take a look at the
TRF
Community Rules

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.

· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article

text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.

· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.

· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.

· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive

will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

It is being reported here in Australia that Charles and Camilla are expected to do a six day tour in October.

Also visiting Samoa, but sorry New Zealand, you have been dropped as it is thought to be too much for the King to keep you included.

King Charles has paid a privat visit to the Royal Portraits exhibition at The King’s Gallery last week:

It looks like king Charles will very soon greet his third PM in his less than 2 year reign (while his counterpart in the Netherlands only greeted his second PM 2 days ago more than 11 years into his reign).

Nice & cool in the church I imagine.

We're having a heat wave!

I know, I know, all you North Americans & Australasians find it funny when we Brits complain it's hotter than Hades when the mercury climbs above 25C!

I'm glad he is able to be as active as he is but I hope he is getting some rest too.
Charles has always been recognized as a workaholic, and I don't see that ever changing unless he becomes totally incapacitated.

I would like to see Charles give a brief televised message condemning the apalling riots and atrocities being carried out by far-right rioters.
At times like these where there division amongst the public, he-the King can be a uniting force.

The country is quite divided on the migration issue, actually. Given that the PM has already spoken on the riots following the Southport murders and online misinformation, it might be regarded as straying into the political arena imo were King Charles to also broadcast on it.

Study from 2023.

I would like to see Charles give a brief televised message condemning the apalling riots and atrocities being carried out by far-right rioters.
At times like these where there division amongst the public, he-the King can be a uniting force.
Most of the unrest is arising due to clashes between protesters and counter-protesters. Police are trying to keep the two groups apart, but, unfortunately, in some cases have been unable to do so. I take the point about the King being a unifying force, but, as Curryong said, it would look as if he were straying into the political arena were he to do so.

There've been similar incidents in Dublin, but things have now calmed down there. Hopefully they will here as well: the scenes have been extremely unpleasant.

What is a Monarch, what is a King for? Well, in the UK the Monarch is part of the system. The system is a democracy. And in a democracy one makes ones will known by political organizing and by voting during elections. I feel, King Charles should make the British public remembering this.

I think the situation is too inflammatory. It's one of those divisive issues where, no matter what Charles could possibly say, he'd enrage a large number of people.

He'd better stay out of it.

I am not suggesting that he make direct comments that are political or seemingly leaning on one side or the other. I am sure his speech writers are talented and can speak of condemning violent attacks on innocent citizens and speak of unifying the country.

Cars and buildings housing asylum seekers are being set on fire with people in them and people are being physically attacked in the streets simply because of the color of their skin. The King cannot just sit back and say nothing and carry on with his scheduled vacations plans.

I am not suggesting that he make direct comments that are political or seemingly leaning on one side or the other. I am sure his speech writers are talented and can speak of condemning violent attacks on innocent citizens and speak of unifying the country.

Cars and buildings housing asylum seekers are being set on fire with people in them and people are being physically attacked in the streets simply because of the color of their skin. The King cannot just sit back and say nothing and carry on with his scheduled vacations plans.
The King could only make such a speech if the government allowed it or asked/requested him to do so.

So it's up to the pm whether the monarch becomes involved or not.

Not that it would make any difference & could well do more harm than good.

There is a lot of bitterness & grievance in some communities which racist agitators, vandals, criminals & the plain stupid are taking advantage of.

Last edited:
I would have expected a member of the Royal Family to visit Southport, to express their condolences to the families of the three little girls who were killed, and to show support to the community in general. Unfortunately, that's now been overtaken by other events, which will be why it hasn't happened. It's a great shame that people are exploiting such a tragic incident to cause trouble over unrelated matters.

I am not aware that anyone has been attacked in the street due to the colour of their skin, nor that any buildings have been set on fire other than a citizens advice bureau in Belfast.

I think the RF have been found wanting tbh. I get they don't like to be seen as ambulance chasers dashing up to Southport as quickly as the PM and Home Secretary did but I think they should have done something by now. Even a visit to Alder Hey hospital where most or many of the child victims were taken to meet staff, first responders etc would have been a good move and it would have been quite a safe option. I live not all that far from Southport and a few people have noted the lack of response. I get, very sadly, events were overtaken by protests but still.

I'm also quite surprised that Charles, who for so long was said to want to be "Defender of Faiths" and changed the coronation to include a blessing from a wide spectrum of leaders of different religions hasn't spoken out about the targeting of the Muslim community. A visit to a mosque nearby where ever he is right now would have set a good example as well IMO.

Its all many people in the UK are talking about right now and yet from the RF - nothing.

A visit to Alder Hey should have happened by now I agree.

The King would be best advised not to show favour to any community at the moment. It would only add fuel to the fire.

Agreed. The late Queen came to Manchester very soon after the 2017 Arena bombing, and it was much appreciated.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should be reminding people we are a tolerant country who accepts people of all faiths, backgrounds and beliefs and that are differences are what make us stronger - highlighting the community response after Southport and the clean up operation there. He doesn't need to go full left wing.

I'm also not sure how much the PM can stop the RF making a visit - remember when a day after Downing Street said Theresa May couldn't visit Grenfell after the awful fire there QE2 and William made a visit. Charles would I imagine only need permission from the police - even then it would be a "we think its too risky but on head be it" and only need permission from the PM to make a televised national address. He could make a more informal statement as he sees fit.

Last edited:
I think Charles should definitely do something more in recognition of the awful events in Southport.

The riots are a more tricky issue indeed as they are by their nature more "political" but for the majority of people its not the protests - people can protest whatever they want whether people agree with them or not- but the people who use those protests as an excuse to start mindless violence that they have an issue with.

Charles could learn from his mother and say a lot without saying much- focus solely on the communities affected and how they came together after the violent attacks in their various cities and towns to clean up after. Even better, don't give the thugs air time, focus only on the communities coming together.

I hate that we seemingly now live in a society where the idea of commending mindless violence is seen as too controversial or political. Violence is violence and never right.

I think Charles should definitely do something more in recognition of the awful events in Southport.

The riots are a more tricky issue indeed as they are by their nature more "political" but for the majority of people its not the protests - people can protest whatever they want whether people agree with them or not- but the people who use those protests as an excuse to start mindless violence that they have an issue with.

Charles could learn from his mother and say a lot without saying much- focus solely on the communities affected and how they came together after the violent attacks in their various cities and towns to clean up after. Even better, don't give the thugs air time, focus only on the communities coming together.

I hate that we seemingly now live in a society where the idea of commending mindless violence is seen as too controversial or political. Violence is violence and never right.

1000% agree. The late Queen would look beyond the political divide and would appeal to hearts of British people.

Back
Top Bottom