General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 20: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Prince Christian did not stay a long time in Paris with his Father King Frederik . I suppose his Mother was Regent.
Only the Crown Prince can be Regent. Since the King and CP left Dk for only a couple of hours and returned on the same day they left, there was no Rigsforstander (head of the realm) appointed, although all 4 persons who can act as Rigsforstander (Mary, Margrethe, Joachim, Benedikte) were in Dk on Sunday.

Last edited:
It does. It's about encouraging people to leave a patch of wilderness in their garden or field, to allow for bio-diversity in regards to insects, plants and flowers and not least attract bees.

"The summer tour has just ended, which means that Queen Mary and King Frederik have room in the calendar to attend Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott's 50th birthday party at Gavnø Castle"

They both look good!

Very close friends indeed.
Queen Mary stayed for a while at Gavnø manor when she came to DK. - And presumably while arrangements could be made as to where she would officially live and various work permits, residence permits, setting up bank accounts and a multitude of other details were done, while she stayed out of the public eye.

The Royal Household has shared a post about International Dog Day.
The post features a text written by Queen Mary.

Lovely message and the pictures are too cute!

Nice note on Frederik's great interest and knowledge. Always nice to read from people that have met him, how well prepared and interested in the subject Frederik is.
"Researcher and professor Lene Oddershede reveals that King Frederik is incredibly knowledgeable about a very special subject.
- He is really interested in artificial intelligence and data science and new technologies in general. As a physicist, I can distinguish good from bad, and when I have spoken to him, I have been really impressed by his interest, Lene Oddershede tells the newspaper about the extremely AI-interested king."

Nice note on Frederik's great interest and knowledge. Always nice to read from people that have met him, how well prepared and interested in the subject Frederik is.
"Researcher and professor Lene Oddershede reveals that King Frederik is incredibly knowledgeable about a very special subject.
- He is really interested in artificial intelligence and data science and new technologies in general. As a physicist, I can distinguish good from bad, and when I have spoken to him, I have been really impressed by his interest, Lene Oddershede tells the newspaper about the extremely AI-interested king."

Nice to hear! Frederik, unfairly, gets labeled as only caring about sports and people just assume he is not smart for some reason (which is ridiculous given his background). However, people that have actually met him and spoken to him always say how knowledgeable he is about the subject matter, he asks intelligent in-depth questions, shows actual interest and how obvious it is he is prepared. So, it is always great to hear these types of comments from experts in, as here, the AI field (or whichever field the engagement covered) how Frederik knows his stuff and shows genuine interest.

That's good to hear because AI is something Denmark is really investing in these years, to the extent of the resources and money the country can spend on that field.
In short: DK wants to be, if not at the very top in regards to AI, then certainly right behind the leading countries.
There is a broad consensus in the Parliament about this course, so no matter what government will come after the next general election and the election after that, that course is set.

On September 23rd DR will air a program called "King Frederik X - The King of Greenland. It appears to have been filmed during King Frederik and Queen Mary's recent official visit to Greenland.

Back
Top Bottom