General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 20: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where these horses normally live … would be different horses now, I took these photos in 2014.
You may have seen photos of Mary riding here at different times.
If you zoom in you can pick out Tivoli in the background.
From the tower of Christiansborg, ground level and looking back at the tower where you can see a few people and see how large the tower is.

Attachments

• IMG_9662.png
    IMG_9662.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9663.png
    IMG_9663.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9664.png
    IMG_9664.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 12
Together with Queen Mary the Amalienborg cabinetmaker's workshop have "designed and carved a dining table from 16 different types of wood, representing a harmonious fusion of nature, craftsmanship and history", it can currently be seen at the design days "3daysofdesign" in Copenhagen.

Together with Her Majesty the Queen, Amalienborg Snedkerværksted has worked for a long period on a dining table that, with a unique mix of wood types and history, tells about Denmark, the Royal House and the life of the trees used 🌳🪵The table top is veneered on the front with squares of surplus pieces of wood from the Royal House's wood store, which would not normally be suitable for furniture production due to their limited size and quality. The squares are surrounded by a frieze in walnut from Fredensborg Slotspark and the plate stands on a base of 200-year-old naval oak from Grib Skov, which was sown with a view to building new wooden ships after the Battle of the Nest. The table is 210 centimeters in diameter and with additional plates the table measures 450 centimeters.A branch from the large sycamore tree on Gråbrødre Torv, which broke off in 1999, boxwood from Château de Cayx, fallen beech from Fredensborg Palace Park and elm from Kongens Nytorv are among the 16 different types of wood included in the newly manufactured table, which from today will be exhibited at the design days 3daysofdesign in Copenhagen, which will take place on the 12th-14th June 2024 in Copenhagen.

In the info on Kongehuset it says "The table top is veneered on the front with squares of the 16 different types of wood, each of which is cut to the dimensions 73.3 x 73.3 x 5 millimeters. The types of wood include two types of oak, elm, sycamore, golden rain, walnut, ash, hornbeam, hawthorn, ivy, yew, apple, cherry, boxwood and birch, as well as pieces from a Huon Pine, which tells of the Queen's upbringing in Tasmania. "
(..)

I love this concept. Wood from trees from Australia, France and of course Denmark. I love how the link gives us more info on the type of trees.

More on the 3 days of design conference

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great idea and the table is beautiful. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary visited the Snedkerlaug exhibition in connection with the design festival 3daysofdesign.

"The idea to create a dining table out of surplus wood from the Kongehuset's carpentry workshop emerged in connection with the transformation of an old workshop building into as sustainable annex as possible at Fredensborg Castle.
Fortunately, the skilled cabinetmakers from the Royal House's carpentry workshop were on board with the idea. A few days ago, they put the finishing touches to work on a new dining table. The tabletop's Tasmanian pine, hornbeam from Fredensborg Castle Park and 14 other types of wood tell stories from near and far.
The dining table is exhibited in distinguished company at Copenhagen's Snedkerlaug in connection with the design festival 3daysofdesign. Today I had the pleasure of visiting Snedkerlauget's exhibition, which shows how much Denmark has to offer when it comes to innovation and quality in Danish carpentry."

More on the table, which Mary had some inputs into

That is a really beautiful table...made even more beautiful because of the history behind the materials used. Such a wonderful example of using leftover materials to create a usable piece of furniture. I love the different types of wood used and their backstory, plus including pine from Tasmania is lovely.

It must be absolutely wonderful to be a royal carpenter!
Imagine that every day you go to work you are allowed to do your very best. - No cutting corners, no savings, no cheaper materials - and I imagine, no draconian deadlines.

It must be absolutely wonderful to be a royal carpenter!
Imagine that every day you go to work you are allowed to do your very best. - No cutting corners, no savings, no cheaper materials - and I imagine, no draconian deadlines.

And I love how the DRF highlights their work, especially around Christmas with the elf visiting various works

And I love how the DRF highlights their work, especially around Christmas with the elf visiting various works
I love that too! The Digital calendar is great and how they include the kids and the employees too. I also like how when they post these things, it is no fuss, no muss.

King Frederik and the twins have kitted up for the match tonight between DK and Slovenia.

Vincent and Josephine change a little bit every day now!

What a great photo of King Frederik and the twins. I agree with Muhler, they change literally everyday now! I also love how the King and Queen always have made sure to include all the kids equally in posts like these. Perfect to have the twins in this photo as they are the two that play on teams. Love that Mary takes these photos too. And a nice simple message of support for the team!

Have M&F travelled to Sweden for the Queen’s 80th party?

Posts about royals attending the UEFA Euro 2024 in Germany should be made at our extra thread, posts have been moved, double content has been removed.

A nice greeting from the Royal Couple in honor of Greenland's national day.
Nice pics!

"Inuiatut Ullorsiornissinni pitties 🇬🇱
Greenland is celebrating National Day today. On this occasion, we send our warmest greetings to the people of Greenland.
We both have unforgettable memories from Greenland, and we are looking forward to revisiting that beautiful country and its hospitable people in a week.
✍️ The royal couple."

A nice greeting from the Royal Couple in honor of Greenland's national day.
Nice pics!

"Inuiatut Ullorsiornissinni pitties 🇬🇱
Greenland is celebrating National Day today. On this occasion, we send our warmest greetings to the people of Greenland.
We both have unforgettable memories from Greenland, and we are looking forward to revisiting that beautiful country and its hospitable people in a week.
✍️ The royal couple."

Lovely message and great photos! Such a wonderful personal connection they both feel to Greenland with Frederik doing the Sirius expedition and the work Mary has done via The Mary Foundation. It is not just because Greenland is part of the Danish commonwealth. Looking forward to their long visit next week.

"From Saturday, the public will have access to His Majesty the King's Handbook in Christian VIII's Palace at Amalienborg for the first time.
The other day, Their Majesties the King and Queen visited the special library, which was founded in 1746 by Frederik V., and which contains the Danish monarchs' private collections of books, manuscripts, maps, pictures, photos and music. The library is located in the same mansion as the Amalienborg Museum.
Since Queen Margrethe's accession to the throne in 1972, the library, which until January this year was called the Queen's Hand Library, has also functioned as a subject and research library, but with the opening, Amalienborg Museum's guests can now also gain a unique insight into the importance of literature and learning in the Royal House over time 📚🗄️
The King's Hand Library, which is part of the King's Collection, will be accessible in two ways: On weekends and during Danish school holidays, the Hand Library's study room will be open to all visitors to the Amalienborg Museum. On weekdays, there will continue to be access only by special agreement for professionals and researchers."

Another video from Mary from their wild garden, this time with bees

"It was recently brought to my attention that wild bees need breaks and prefer not to fly too far to find food. In addition, they may have difficulty finding suitable habitats in the modern landscape.
That is why we have opened a bee hotel for our local bees. The hotel provides the bees with a safe place to nest and breed, thus contributing to preserving and increasing the number of wild bees. The wild bees are important for maintaining pollination and biodiversity.
PS: I had a bit of difficulty capturing the 'busy bee' on film 🐝
✍️📱H.M. The queen."

Back
Top Bottom