Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a Prince Barry would be a kind, jolly, rollicking chap, with a very wide vocabulary and artistic tendencies.
A Prince Gerald, I see as a Knightly fellow who does good and brave works; a daylight Robin Hood on horseback.

I think this will be a baby girl.

I also think it will be a girl...have thought that from the start.

A girl called Matilda Diana Elizabeth

Or maybe Alice Lillibet Mary . . .

What about Angela? I found out it was one of the Queen Mothers names.

It's 1.25am here & I've just woken up from a dream. Apparently, Meghan has had the baby & she's asked us (yes those of us on this forum) to choose the baby's names. We have to do it by nominating & voting for our top 3 names. I think the heavy responsibility woke me up. :lol:

(If I can get back to the dream, I'll try & find out if it's a boy or girl.)

I'll enter my choice for a girl's name now. We've been calling the child Baby Sussex for so long now, it'd be practical and logical that if its a girl, she'll be called "Bebe". And no, I do not see "Bubba" for a boy at all. :D

I'll enter my choice for a girl's name now. We've been calling the child Baby Sussex for so long now, it'd be practical and logical that if its a girl, she'll be called "Bebe". And no, I do not see "Bubba" for a boy at all. :D

Osipi, How about calling Baby Sussex "Boyd" if he is a boy?

Boyd and Girled for twins! That's too cute.
What about some made up 'meaningful' modern names??

Emaryka Britknee Heart Glee
Mertha Donilsca - all letters of grandparents

Carlos Angel Estefan Paddington - places where parents were born
Bundy Harrykin Crusoe - Harry and rum.

It's 1.25am here & I've just woken up from a dream. Apparently, Meghan has had the baby & she's asked us (yes those of us on this forum) to choose the baby's names. We have to do it by nominating & voting for our top 3 names. I think the heavy responsibility woke me up. :lol:

(If I can get back to the dream, I'll try & find out if it's a boy or girl.)

I didn't get back into the dream - had an anxiety nightmare instead!

Anyway back on names, my current favourite is Alice Diana Elizabeth or Albert (call him Bertie) Charles. I think they'll have at least one non royal name too - maybe from Meghan's side.

Boyd and Girled for twins! That's too cute.
What about some made up 'meaningful' modern names??

Emaryka Britknee Heart Glee
Mertha Donilsca - all letters of grandparents

Carlos Angel Estefan Paddington - places where parents were born
Bundy Harrykin Crusoe - Harry and rum.

Emaryka Britknee! :lol::lol::lol:

I think Princess Alexandrina will be a May baby. ;)

I was just coming to post that I've changed my mind from Matilda to Alexandra. Not ...drina, just...dra. :D

Lady Alexandra Diana Doria Mountbatten-Windsor
Princess Alexandra of Sussex

I totally believe this baby is a girl, but in case of a boy, I'm still going with Richard. :flowers:

I'm hoping she has twin girls and have middle names at least of Jeanette and Loyce (Someone told me earlier in the thread those were Dorias' and her Mums' middle names, I can't find the comment now to check I've remembered the names correctly, my apologies). One of drawbacks to being in Oz with the forum. I am usually two or three pages behind the rest of you. By the time I catch up, everyone has moved on!

Last edited by a moderator:
As many names have been bandied about, I have yet to see anything that strikes me as “yes, that sounds like something those two would pick.” So this will be interesting, lol.

I’m curious to see what they mix in that’s not straight out of the BRF. Looking at names in her family, it doesn’t look like there’s much of a tradition amongst either Markles or Raglands for naming babies after older family members, so that might not feel to natural to Harry and Meghan as a way of honoring her side. But I would be surprised if there wasn’t at least a nod to the idea that this child didn’t spring entirely out of the BRF. Which could just be a name that they just like for its own sound and meaning and nothing else. Part of me, if it’s a girl, does like the idea of some sort of flower name to build on Doria’s nickname for Meghan. Rose, Lily, maybe Marguerite.

For a son: Philip Victor Nicholas

For a daughter: Pauline Elizabeth Regina
Pauline was a middle name of Queen Mary, the spouse of King George V.

My tuppence worth is twin girls with middle names of either Jeanette or Loyce. Not a clue for first names. I'm also going for a birthdate of 30th April.

My two pence worth ;) a girl, 29th and possibly Alexandra (Lexi), Victoria (Tori), Isabella? I am usually completely wrong but this is fun especially finding out who guessed correctly (or as close as :) )

My two pence worth ;) a girl, 29th and possibly Alexandra (Lexi), Victoria (Tori), Isabella? I am usually completely wrong but this is fun especially finding out who guessed correctly (or as close as :) )

Victoria is earmarked for the daughter of a monarch/future monarch. Since Will and Kate didn’t use it, the next person to be able to use it would be George.

Don't ask me why but it sticks in my mind that should it be a girl, it'll be a double barrel name with Mary as the first name. Mary Alice, Mary Grace, Mary Frances etc. Then again, the name Gloria keeps popping into my head too for some reason.

The only time I've come close to being on the money for a name was with George. I had the sex of the child wrong and the name I picked was Georgiana. ?

Victoria is earmarked for the daughter of a monarch/future monarch. Since Will and Kate didn’t use it, the next person to be able to use it would be George.

I don't think names are "earmarked" at all.
The name has simply been out of fashion with the family for a few generations. Not surprising given the fact that it was seriously overused for the children, grandchildren & great-grandchildren of Victoria & Albert. So many of the girls had nicknames to diferentiate between the various Victorias. The previous Princess Royal was known as Princess Mary but her given name was Victoria Mary.

Since when? And given that this baby is born on the 200th year of Queen Victoria’s birthday, I think it’d be quite nice.

Last edited:
I don't think names are "earmarked" at all.
The name has simply been out of fashion with the family for a few generations. Not surprising given the fact that it was seriously overused for the children, grandchildren & great-grandchildren of Victoria & Albert. So many of the girls had nicknames to diferentiate between the various Victorias. The previous Princess Royal was known as Princess Mary but her given name was Victoria Mary.
The previous Princess Royal was christened "Victoria Alexandra Alice Mary." Of the current extended BRF, we have "Eugenie Victoria Helena," Lady "Rose Victoria Birgitte Louise" Gilman, and "Marina Victoria Alexandra" (Ogilvy).

Don't ask me why but it sticks in my mind that should it be a girl, it'll be a double barrel name with Mary as the first name. Mary Alice, Mary Grace, Mary Frances etc. Then again, the name Gloria keeps popping into my head too for some reason.

The only time I've come close to being on the money for a name was with George. I had the sex of the child wrong and the name I picked was Georgiana. ?

The double barrel names have not been common since Edward VII kids with exception of Margaret. And even she didn't use it as an adult. I don't see this baby only getting two names and both being first.

Some reason Mary Frances screams nun to me :lol:

The second sister of the Queen Mother (and first who lived to adulthood) was named Mary Frances.

I agree, Loonytick, a flower name connection sounds sweet. (Of course we have no idea whether it sounds so sweet to them!)
Heather Frances Mary Magdalene
Daisy Angela Ivy Sarah Yasmine

If the child were to be born today, 29th April, on his or her Uncle's wedding anniversary...

Catherine Wilhemina Mary Abbey
Henry Charles William Cupid

I've been way out with my guesses for date so I'll go for another.. 1st May - May Day

Malcolm Alexander Yvor Henry
Mary Alexandra Yasmine - Maisie

This goes on much longer, the child is apt to be name "Layte" as in "late for dinner".

If we think we have ants in the pants, imagine how Meghan feels right about now just hoping against hope that something happens soon. That "any time now" business feels like a bomb ticking off before it explodes. :D

I just read an article where it's mentioned how Meghan & Harry are considering an Italian name for a girl, that Diana is said to have liked: Allegra

I don't know where the publication got this information, or whether it's true.

That's definitely a pretty name for a girl.

Perhaps,
Allegra Frances Jeanette (with 'Aleia' 'Allie' 'Leila' 'Leira' 'Legra' or 'Lela' as a nickname)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom