Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish there was a 'Dislike' button.

The "Display results as threads" search function will not work for me.

If you click on a member profile it [the ignore button] should be one of the options that pops up.

It is not popping up when I click on my own profile. (I do not plan on putting any other members on ignore, but it would be convenient to do so with my own posts.)

I wish there was a 'Dislike' button.

I must say that I am glad there isn't. I expressed my standing concerns about public "likes" in the update thread. "Dislikes", especially public ones, amplify those issues and result in a deeply hostile environment for those posting unpopular or controversial information or opinions.

Last edited:
I just tried to quote a post from 2018 but found that it wasn't possible since the "Like, Quote, Reply" options at the bottom of the post weren't there.
Is this a mistake or something the forum has done consciously or am I simply not doing it right?

Could it be that the thread in question was locked/closed? Otherwise you should not have a problem in replying.

In the new version the lock is opticaly less prominent than previously was the case.

I must say that I am glad there isn't. I expressed my standing concerns about public "likes" in the update thread. "Dislikes", especially public ones, amplify those issues and result in a deeply hostile environment for those posting unpopular or controversial information or opinions.

I quite agree. The presence of downvotes is why I largely avoid Reddit these days. People there will downvote you to oblivion merely for saying 'hello', it seems. And we are all Pavlovian creatures at heart - it is difficult for us not to alter our behaviour based on the disapproval or approval of others. I would probably not post here at all if there was a dislike option.

Is there any way yet to block threads that we are not interested in?
You cannot 'block' them but you can 'ignore' them (see button on top) - which will have about the same effect...

I have spent the last few days using the Ignore button, which is both incredibly fun and amazingly effective ~ and I would recommend it to others who prefer a more streamlined forum!

Back
Top Bottom