Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if her father has [color blindness], the chances of a daughter getting it is still low. Besides, she's worn colors more often before. And I've never had any indication that she has color blindness.

As for being able to write with both hands, what book are you reading? It's not surprising for someone that's trained through practice. I had a teacher for calligraphy growing up (not the kind Meghan does, but Chinese brush writing) that only ever wrote with right hand until a motorcycle accident, and he broke his right arm and started practicing with his other hand.

I don't remember which book. There are a ton of books out now about Meghan, many of them with some inaccurate info. It may have been the Morton book, or another recent book on the royal wedding with pictures and text.

Being ambidextrous does not necessarily have to do with practice, and the equal ability with both hands involves more than the task of writing. Practicing to become ambidextrous is not recommended, according to reference sources on this topic. If Meghan is in fact ambidextrous, I would think it's a natural gift. In such cases, scientists believe neither hemisphere of the brain is dominant.

I am aware that color blindness is rare in females. If in fact, Meghan's father has it, she could be a carrier.

Last edited:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-asked-still-watches-13320474

For seven years Meghan Markle worked on the legal drama Suits, portraying lawyer Rachel Zane.
Fans of the show were heartbroken to lose Meghan from the cast when she decided to give up her television career in favour of dedicating herself to her new royal duties.
And after spending so long starring in the programme, it should come as no surprise that people are curious as to whether the 37-year-old is keeping up with the new season of the show.
Thankfully two brothers are said to have taken the plunge and asked her outright at an event this week.
She is believed to have simply replied with a "no" before swiftly turning the conversation back to the awards.
Despite not binge watching the show, the new royal is still close to her former cast mates, with many attending her wedding at St George's Chapel back in May.

Well one door closed on her previous life and a new one opened. I'm sure that Meghan still keeps in touch with cast and crew though.

Last edited:
This might get edited since there is only so much part of an article that can be copied over.

However, logistically speaking, unless someone sends her the episodes, the new season isn’t available in UK yet.

I don’t see any problem even if she chooses not to watch the show anymore even if there was access. There was also a brief video where Meghan kindly spoke with Suits fans who came to see her while on the recent tour.
Even her former co-star, Patrick said that he doesn’t watch the show. Lots of time when people leave a job, they don’t go back to the old one.

I don’t see any problem even if she chooses not to watch the show anymore even if there was access. There was also a brief video where Meghan kindly spoke with Suits fans who came to see her while on the recent tour.
Even her former co-star, Patrick said that he doesn’t watch the show. Lots of time when people leave a job, they don’t go back to the old one.

I’m not saying there is a problem. Just pointing out that even logistically it’s an issue now that she lives in a different country. Plus, Meghan didn’t watch the show when she was on it either. There was a panel discussion (for season 3, I believe) where she talked about that.

Picture-
The then Meghan Markle pictured in national head-dress with the Marquis de Piro and his wife, Frances, during a visit to Malta in 2015-

Meghan’s great-great-grandmother wa born in Malta. I remember Meghan mentioning this trip in an interview with Rachel Ray. The video is up on YouTube.

Picture-
The then Meghan Markle pictured in national head-dress with the Marquis de Piro and his wife, Frances, during a visit to Malta in 2015-

Meghan’s great-great-grandmother wa born in Malta. I remember Meghan mentioning this trip in an interview with Rachel Ray. The video is up on YouTube.

I saw that today...I think it's neat, had no idea she had a connection to Malta!

LaRae

1yr she was a breath of fresh air (the most overused phrase in regards to royal couples) then she's bossy, telling him to not play with his friends, and that she wants a separate residence from his brother and sister in law! Now shes so bossy that workers are jumping from the window to get away from that evil Americans demands!!!!

My goodness I've gotten up for work at 4 and 5 am for 30 years...surely that is not a new concept for them that people get up early ..I am much more of a morning/day person for getting things done.

LaRae

Of all things, I never thought getting up at 5AM would be a problem...

Although I've read that successful people often wake up early. So rather than whining to the tabloids, waking up earlier would do much for that courtier's career.

A Fairytale...

If you think about it: There is this girl from the country, which becomes a princess... and she thinks, she can - with her big heart and her common sense - rock the court and deal with the life there without putting too much effort into it. All problems seem to be easy to solve.

And then, in the very moment her charming and protecting prince is abroad in a country far far away, all hell breaks loose. The crazy press, shadowy figures, rumours... A catastrophy!

But then the prince comes back and advises her to take lessons about the protocol more seriously and to read her Machiavelli. She follows this advise and lives happily ever after.?

I don't think Meghan thinks she can, or even want to, rock the court. She simply wants to do some good in the world. A characteristic that was there well before the prince.

The discussion about Kate and Meghan’s relationship has been moved here.

As a newish member to all this royal business - I find all of these negative reports quite offputting.

I wonder what the end game is here. It makes everybody look bad and doesn’t particularly put the royal family in general in a positive light.

The whole tiara gate and Meghan getting up at 5am -if that’s so scandalous to the staff and so called courtiers. It shows a how out of touch they are. A lot of people get up at 5am for work and arguing over Tiaras (major eye roll).

I find the tiara story a bit of fluff to be honest. I don't care how confident Meghan is I do not think she would have even known about the number of tiaras available or one with an emerald in it, never mind demand it from the queen. If she did see it it is possible Eugenie had already asked for it and therefore the queen said no to Meghan, I doubt for one minute she would have thrown a strop at the queen, demanding a particular one. The queen knows the history of all these tiaras, and who has previously worn them, she would decide what ones would be on offer to Meghan to wear.

Good to see other media give a different perspective about some of the unfair treatment of Meghan by some in UK media that have basically been copy/pasting negative articles.

CNN- It is barely six months since the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was feted by the British press as a modern, progressive fairy tale.
But now, certain corners of that same British press are turning against them -- or, more specifically, the bride.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/28/opinions/meghan-markle-british-press-opinion-gbr-intl/index.html

The Guardian takes a satirical look at the past month.

What’s going on with the royal family these days?
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...e-royal-family-or-the-ghost-of-wallis-simpson

It is satirical, and it points out the hypocrisy and lack of consistency in the coverage of Meghan; on the other hand, its overall tone towards the entire royal family is very negative. It refers to Charles as a man who never worked a day in his life, Harry and William were raised by servants and are spoiled Sloanies, and so on. I'm not sure a defense like that really serves Meghan overall.

It is satirical, and it points out the hypocrisy and lack of consistency in the coverage of Meghan; on the other hand, its overall tone towards the entire royal family is very negative. It refers to Charles as a man who never worked a day in his life, Harry and William were raised by servants and are spoiled Sloanies, and so on. I'm not sure a defense like that really serves Meghan overall.

Oh it doesn't, but it does discuss the tabloid spiel effectively, imo. CNN and co are running less tongue in cheek stories.
Even the Mirror got into it. But I have to admit, I found it surprising how critical and blunt that piece was about some other people in the family, bit unnecessary imo - so I didn't post for a reason.

Those pictures of the Duchess of Sussex in Malta are so refreshing to see. She looks happy, relaxed and completely enamoured.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a brighter note Priyanka Chopra and Nick jonas are getting married this weekend in Jodhpur in India. I would have thought Meghan would have attended the events

She very well may be attending. As its a private event, it would most likely be under the radar. I'd like to think that she could do something like this without it becoming headlines news. ?

Not sure ...they are marrying in India? She's 5 or 6 months pregnant..might not want to make that flight.

LaRae

She may be only 4-5 months we don't know. The trip is no longer then the recent tour. But she us also a few weeks further along.

It might be nice for her to go but I am sure Priyanka will understand if it's too much right now.

Sure she could easily fly under the radar for the trip if she did.

Yeah she's minimum of 5 months (my guess is 5) along and possibly 6 ....flying is still safe at this point assuming no other issues.

LaRae

Yeah she's minimum of 5 months (my guess is 5) along and possibly 6 ....flying is still safe at this point assuming no other issues.

LaRae

All we know is she was twelve weeks minimum when Eugenie married.

And while yes it's still safe, it may be a lot for her to fly there for a day or two.

If she does good on her. I dread the headlines if the rags learn. They will likely spin some sorted angle that she ditched Africa to go to a celebrity wedding. Even when Africa was meant to be solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom