Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Meggie! She was always adorable. Especially when she realize she got high school and college mixed up. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been announced Sheku Kanneh-Mason is going to be performing at the Royal Variety Show this year.

He was the cellist that performed at Harry and Megan's wedding in May.

I think the chances that the Sussexes will be the couple to attend the Royal variety show this year just went up.

On a side note since the wedding Sheku Kanneh-Mason and the Kingdom Choir have gone on to even greater commercial success since the wedding.

I am glad the wedding gave these less well known artists such a wonderful platform to showcase their talents to the world and grow.

Meghan has always been such a confident person! Love it����

I think the chances that the Sussexes will be the couple to attend the Royal variety show this year just went up.

As far as I remember Charles, William and Harry alternate on a regular schedule at The Royal Variety Performance. It was:
Charles and Camilla in 2013,
William and Catherine in 2014,
Harry in 2015,
Charles and Camilla in 2016,
William and Catherine in 2017,
...so it should be Harry and Meghan’s turn this year.

That's excellent news. I really look forward to seeing that!

The photo of Meghan walking down the aisle (the one where it's dark all around here except for the light through the window that's shining on her) won the Royal Photography Competition.

NMA

@newsmediaorg
Follow Follow @newsmediaorg
More
PA Photo Of Meghan Markle Walking Down The Aisle Wins Royal Photography Competition. PA Photo Of Meghan Markle Walking Down The Aisle Wins Royal Photography Competition …. Thank you again for all those that took part, voted and supported the competition!

I'm certainly no expert but that is a fantastic photo IMHO. It shows Meghan and a special moment as she went to her groom at the altar of St George's at the start of their new life together. And the light shone. Just beautiful! Well done to the photographer!

My favorite pic from the wedding...if that was me I'd have that made into a large pic for my wall!

LaRae

That picture was breathtaking. It looked like a renaissance painting. Truly iconic

Actually, the wedding photos for the Sussex wedding (not the formal photos) were IMO some of the best royal photos I’ve seen. The lighting, setting, saturation, etc were stunning. So many icnonic shots. It actually beat the photography from the Cambridge wedding and I loved those shots! I think St George just has stunning light for photos and the big clear blue sky the day of made it even better. Should get great pics from Eugenie’s wedding too.

That picture was breathtaking. It looked like a renaissance painting. Truly iconic

Actually, the wedding photos for the Sussex wedding (not the formal photos) were IMO some of the best royal photos I’ve seen. The lighting, setting, saturation, etc were stunning. So many icnonic shots. It actually beat the photography from the Cambridge wedding and I loved those shots! I think St George just has stunning light for photos and the big clear blue sky the day of made it even better. Should get great pics from Eugenie’s wedding too.

I know everyone made a big deal about how getting that money shot that's considered the best picture when they walk out of the door, but to me that was not nearly as memorable as some of the carriage shots we saw. Truly amazing.

The photo of Meghan walking down the aisle (the one where it's dark all around here except for the light through the window that's shining on her) won the Royal Photography Competition.

NMA

@newsmediaorg
Follow Follow @newsmediaorg
More
PA Photo Of Meghan Markle Walking Down The Aisle Wins Royal Photography Competition. PA Photo Of Meghan Markle Walking Down The Aisle Wins Royal Photography Competition …. Thank you again for all those that took part, voted and supported the competition!

This is wonderful news. That photo said everything that I wanted it to say and then some. It was angelic yet powerful at the same time. To me, it's one of the best photos of the day.

Photography is often a lottery, just as for all the professional photographers on hand to snap the first photos of the Cambridge's and Sussex's, in the end, it was a woman with a cell phone that got "the" photo and made a mint.

The photo of Meghan was one of those shots in a million. We all saw the moment live and I hoped someone got a shot and sure enough, the AP photographer Danny Lawson did.

Did we ever get confirmation of how many photographers were allowed inside the chapel for the wedding?

I remember the NYT article that came out before the wedding about the lack of access was particularly scathing because only 1 photographer was allowed into the Chapel.

On the day of the wedding I can only find pictures taken by Danny inside the chapel.
There also seems to have been some remote controlled cameras that was allowed in the chapel but they were controlled remotely by someone in another room so they were technically not in the chapel.

Was Danny the only photographer in the Chapel?

Last edited:
There was only one photographer in the church, but that wasn't what all the drama was about. Everyone expected access to the church would severely limited. Just like only BBC had cameras inside, and they fed it to everyone else.

The drama was about not allowing the photographers to the bottom of the steps. They selected a small number of PA photographers only. However, I can't blame the couple not wanting to see all kinds of long lens cameras pointed at them when they come out. There was a wonderful photograph of the kiss from inside the church, and it was a beautiful site to see all the well wishers cheering them on in the background.

Some of the most memorable photos came from places no one was fighting over that day. In fact, I think the photo of them emerging from the church was actually not even close to being my favorite. Two things just caused not to be that great. The sun was way too bright for photograph that day. It washes the colors out. Anyone in photography will tell you the best weather for photos are actually overcast, which was the case for both Cambridges and Brookbanks, but not the case for Sussexes. Second, HMQ knew what she was talking about with the red. I think Harry's uniform just blended too much with the background. Still great photo, but didn't do it for me compared to other photos and the element of the day.

The other three photos all came from the carriage that day. One of the couple along the procession. That was what TIME used as cover. Great profile photos. Then the two on the carriage captured by Yui Mok, who had a spot no one cared for and only expected to get long shots of the crowd. One was the kiss on the carriage, and the other was the heart shape in the carriage. The latter of which also won in one of the categories.

Don’t know if this belongs here, but this was talked about in Sussex forum before. An apology from DF.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/ar...clarifications.html?__twitter_impression=true

On 10th July 2018 we published an article with the headline ‘Queen's two most senior PR chiefs to leave after Thomas Markle debacle sent Royal Family's media machine into an embarrassing tailspin’.

Sally Osman and Steve Kingstone have confirmed that their individual and independent departures predated and were unrelated to, any media engagement with Mr Markle.

We accept their respective positions, and apologise for any misunderstanding or embarrassment.

Yet another apology about the Sussexes. They tired of having to do this yet?

Don’t know if this belongs here, but this was talked about in Sussex forum before. An apology from DF.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/ar...clarifications.html?__twitter_impression=true

On 10th July 2018 we published an article with the headline ‘Queen's two most senior PR chiefs to leave after Thomas Markle debacle sent Royal Family's media machine into an embarrassing tailspin’.

Sally Osman and Steve Kingstone have confirmed that their individual and independent departures predated and were unrelated to, any media engagement with Mr Markle.

We accept their respective positions, and apologise for any misunderstanding or embarrassment.

A lie goes around the world before the truth catches up to it or something like that.........

Its amazing how the papers have tried to ruin Meghan with their lies and disinformation campaign.

Yet another apology about the Sussexes. They tired of having to do this yet?

Probably not.

They print their nasty disinformation, and get the clicks. Then, after much behind the scenes back and forth with KP and the involved parties they print their apology/retraction, and get more clicks. It's a win all around for them, and it's SOP for the scummy tabloids.

I'll also point out that this is something that all of the spouses of the RF have had to deal with, up to and including Prince Philip. Meghan is just the one in the spotlight right now, poor thing.

Last edited:
A lie goes around the world before the truth catches up to it or something like that.........

Its amazing how the papers have tried to ruin Meghan with their lies and disinformation campaign.

Unfortunately, this is becoming an acceptable practice in quite a few public arenas these days. Tear people down with exaggerations, accusations and down right lies to the point that even if proven to be false, the harm is already done. Sickening isn't it. :sad:

They print their nasty disinformation, and get the clicks. Then, after much behind the scenes back and forth with KP and the involved parties they print their apology/retraction, and get more clicks. It's a win all around for them, and it's SOP for the scummy tabloids.

They often run the stories with big bold headlines, but the apologies are often buried somewhere no one will go look for.

There's one thing I've noticed since Harry and Meghan married and especially since this tour of Down Under started and that is the negativity of the press seems to stand out so very much more and they're found to be lacking in their efforts to drag this couple down.

Each and every negative report that is issued has stood out against this couple like a ink stain on a pure white sheet. It just clashes with the reality that we see with our own eyes. Coming out and stating Meghan "clings for dear life" to Harry reeks of sour grapes and wishful thinking that the author who penned it should be so lucky. It was quickly refuted as a burly sailor swung Harry like a sack of feathers around in a gigantro bear hug. Love and affection are contagious and this sailor is proof that the love and caring and the emotions shown between Harry and Meghan publicly every chance they get has made them both seem to be so approachable and to this big guy, so huggable.

In the end, sour grapes and negativity boomerangs right back at the person spouting it. What we give out in this world is what comes back to us and from where I sit, Harry and Meghan may be on an official tour representing HM, The Queen and supporting the Invictus Games which have always been a part of Harry's heart materialized into reality but we're not just watching a tour. We're watching two people closely because of what they mean to each other and maybe, just maybe, we catch a bit of it and it inspires us to be more loving, more caring and more able to show those we love in our lives that they matter to us.

We need more Harry and Meghans in this world.

Please note that posts regarding members of the Markle family have been deleted as off topic.

Btw mods, can we have a Sussex staff thread? Seeing how there will be changes to the private secretary in the next 6 months and possibly a split at KP?

Here's some astrological news about Meghan and Harry. A bit of opposites, but surprisingly compatible, particularly if their entire charts are compared:

https://www.astromatcha.com/astrology-compatibility/leo-compatibility/leo-and-virgo-compatibility/

https://www.horoscope.com/article/t...an-markle-and-prince-harrys-relationship.html
"With her sun, Mercury and her destiny driven north node shining brightly in Leo, the Royal Family is a suitable setting for Meghan, equivocal to her successful career on camera. The TV star was born with compassionate Cancer rising, coloring her immediate response to the world with a sensitive shyness and great empathy..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom