Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems this banana story is still going because it is so deeply embarrassing and cringeworthy...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/83446...ana-messages-branded-offensive-by-sex-worker/

It wasn't about the message on the banana but about the snack at all. The woman thinks that Meghan could do more to help them. Like she expected the royals to pull out their cheque book and write each woman a large cheque. Thankfully many of the women the charity helps, would be grateful for a healthy meal.

Reply to Banana Peel Scripting

Friends,

I think some of you are missing the true intest of what the Dutchess is trying to convey. Sex workers typically have very low self esteem and self worth. They see themselves as disposable and not a vital part in today’s ever fast changing technological driven world. The services they provide are often looked down upon and the sex workers are thought of to be less than proper and something much less than being boys and girls. All The Dutchess was doing for them by writing handwritten positive thoughts on their banana skins was merely an attempt to make them feel good about themselveselves and impress upon them than they control their story and ultimate destiny. She wants them to eee and realize they have the power to change their ways or chozennprofession. They’ve always had the power! Sadly this often times gets lost and these poor people are left feeling alone, abused physically and mentally, taken advantage of, robbed and many times left to die oe left I valued and take their own lives. By writing a quick one liner on the banana skin she tried to get to them unconventionally in a way that would resonate with them and they would remember what she tried to convey. No stigma, so I’m a Dutchess and you’re a sexy worker/prostitute. Just a simple message to try and lift their spirits and self worth. I hope this doesn’t get twisted and lose the value or the original intent it was meant to convey. These precious souls made a decision along the way to become sex workers. Megan’s intent was to show them that they can always change their profession, say NO or instill in them that what they do with a client should be on their terms, their rules and if the client doesn’t want to abide by those rules in the words of Miss. Ariana Grande, “Thank you, NEXT!” No other person should have control over a sex workers body or mind. Kudo’s to the Dutchess for taking this original idea which she saw work in a different way with preschoolers who were having trouble adapting to school and the school day format. Please don’t make this into something it’s not or say it’s a waste of time. Unless you’ve walked in these sex workers shoes you really don’t know. The nutrients and vitamin in the bananas are to nourish the body and the messages written on the banana peels are to nourish mind and soul. Well done Prince Harry and Dutchess Meagan ? xoxo

Friends,

I think some of you are missing the true intest of what the Dutchess is trying to convey. Sex workers typically have very low self esteem and self worth. They see themselves as disposable and not a vital part in today’s ever fast changing technological driven world. The services they provide are often looked down upon and the sex workers are thought of to be less than proper and something much less than being boys and girls. All The Dutchess was doing for them by writing handwritten positive thoughts on their banana skins was merely an attempt to make them feel good about themselveselves and impress upon them than they control their story and ultimate destiny. She wants them to eee and realize they have the power to change their ways or chozennprofession. They’ve always had the power! Sadly this often times gets lost and these poor people are left feeling alone, abused physically and mentally, taken advantage of, robbed and many times left to die oe left I valued and take their own lives. By writing a quick one liner on the banana skin she tried to get to them unconventionally in a way that would resonate with them and they would remember what she tried to convey. No stigma, so I’m a Dutchess and you’re a sexy worker/prostitute. Just a simple message to try and lift their spirits and self worth. I hope this doesn’t get twisted and lose the value or the original intent it was meant to convey. These precious souls made a decision along the way to become sex workers. Megan’s intent was to show them that they can always change their profession, say NO or instill in them that what they do with a client should be on their terms, their rules and if the client doesn’t want to abide by those rules in the words of Miss. Ariana Grande, “Thank you, NEXT!” No other person should have control over a sex workers body or mind. Kudo’s to the Dutchess for taking this original idea which she saw work in a different way with preschoolers who were having trouble adapting to school and the school day format. Please don’t make this into something it’s not or say it’s a waste of time. Unless you’ve walked in these sex workers shoes you really don’t know. The nutrients and vitamin in the bananas are to nourish the body and the messages written on the banana peels are to nourish mind and soul. Well done Prince Harry and Dutchess Meagan ? xoxo

This :previous: . I wish some could look beyond their dislike of Meghan and see the true intent.

Kensington Palace
@KensingtonRoyal
·
38m
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the gala performance of ‘The Wider Earth’ in support of @QueensComTrust and the production’s official charitable partner @QueensCanopy on Tuesday 12th February #TheWiderEarth

About Banana-gate:

At first I thought the signing of a banana was an usual move then I understood the gesture and got its meaning. Instead of understanding the press and certain media mouths like Piers Morgan use this an opportunity to cheap shot her. As for the sex worker I'm not certain what she was expecting. But think about it - would this particular visit would receive more attention if it were not have been for the banana signing?

About Banana-gate:

At first I thought the signing of a banana was an usual move then I understood the gesture and got its meaning. Instead of understanding the press and certain media mouths like Piers Morgan use this an opportunity to cheap shot her. As for the sex worker I'm not certain what she was expecting. But think about it - would this particular visit would receive more attention if it were not have been for the banana signing?

I don’t think she thought of it as anything other than a nice gesture for some that are in need and trying to get out of this profession. But of course, some people can’t put their immaturity aside for a serious issues. And it’s fine if it doesn’t help everybody. If it brought warmth to some, that’s all that matters. And we’ve seen that in other article.

Last edited:
No matter what the situation when life takes a wrong turn and it seems like there is no way up, random acts of kindness stick with people. Its encouraging, its kindness, its compassion, its knowing that there is someone "out there" that actually cares. Those are the little miracles that get overlooked. Bananas go bad after a while, but those messages can last a lifetime and perhaps even be a turning point in making a decision to go a different road.

The media, Piers Morgan and people who respond to their negativity are perhaps incapable of thinking that perhaps should one have gone left instead of right at a certain point in life, they would of needed to appreciate a banana. Its a situation that could have happened or even still happen to any one of us. Its not just about the sex trade but can be applied to any facet of life where the wrong road is chosen and that road is all downhill.

My random act of kindness when I needed it wasn't a banana. It was a donut. I kept that half eaten donut for years because of what it meant to me. I would bet my last banana that Meghan understands this because someone, somewhere in her life has given her a random act of kindness that she'll never forget.

Reminds me of a line in a tune by Gordon Lightfoot that goes "Rainy day people don't hide love inside, they just pass it on". Meghan is definitely a "rainy day person" to me. ?

Kensington Palace
@KensingtonRoyal
·
38m
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the gala performance of ‘The Wider Earth’ in support of @QueensComTrust and the production’s official charitable partner @QueensCanopy on Tuesday 12th February #TheWiderEarth

Great - I look forward to seeing pictures of them at the gala performance -

?

I don’t think she thought of it as anything other than a nice gesture for some that are in need and trying to get out of this profession. But of course, some people can’t put their immaturity aside for a serious issues. And it’s fine if it doesn’t help everybody. If it brought warmth to some, that’s all that matters. And we’ve seen that in other article.

Agree with this. Sex work is an often forgotten about and ignored issue but is a lot more common than we think. People who have been forced into sex work are often too ashamed to talk about it even though they're the victims and are not at fault. It's great that the Sussexes are involved in a project like this and I also think Meghan just thought it was a purely nice gesture to inspire and encourage women who have been through and are going through difficult times.

Further to the previous Mod note, it is time to move on from the banana discussion since everyone has had a chance now to have their say.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit Morocco from Saturday 23rd February to Monday 25th February 2019. This visit is at the request of Her Majesty's Government. Full details of the visit will be announced in due course.

Via Kensington Palace twitter - 8 Feb 2019

It will be interesting to see what develops out of this meeting. Off the top of my head, I'd say that with this organization, with Harry being Youth Ambassador to the Commonwealth and with Meghan's background in international studies, they'd be a welcomed asset. ?

He's met with them 3 times so far this year from what I have read.

LaRae

It will be interesting to see what develops out of this meeting. Off the top of my head, I'd say that with this organization, with Harry being Youth Ambassador to the Commonwealth and with Meghan's background in international studies, they'd be a welcomed asset. ?

Not to mention Meghan's role with the commonwealth universities. :flowers:

I get the sense the couple will likely have a lot of focus on the commonwealth in the future. As the future king, William and Kate have to focus at home, other then state trips. With the transition of Charles as king, re-establishing a relationship with the commonwealth realms will be important. And not with just the odd royal tour. It would be a good idea to have royals who were involved more on the ground with commonwealth programs. We have a bit already with Edward and the DOE awards, and Andrew with the army.

I look forward to seeing what project might be in the works next.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend a Commonwealth Day event at Canada House @CanadianUK on Monday 11th March. The event will showcase and celebrate the diverse community of young Canadians living in London and around the UK.”

It's great that Meghan is to join Harry at this event. That look of love and pride she gave Harry isn't bad either! Look forward to this in future years.

Great speech - well done Harry!

The speech was heavy and real. It’s really up to the younger generation to carry this world forward and help make it a better place.

Proud husband and wife and bump was killin them on that stage.

I don't know how she negotiates on those heels with stairs and pregnant! Thank goodness Harry offered a hand! lol

I wonder what other events Meghan's been too (Harry's events) but in the background.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom