Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation, this afternoon attended a Christmas Reception at 5 St Mary Abbots Place.

The discussion about Meghan's appearance at the British Fashion Awards have been moved to her Current Events thread (which is currently closed).

Posts relating to Harry & Meghan's interim private secretary and those relating to the Times Person of the Year shortlist have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...eneral-news-part-2-december-2018-a-45823.html thread (which is currently closed)

Posts discussing Meghan's patronages have been moved to her Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities thread and posts discussing her engagement count have been moved to the British Royal Family Engagements 2018 thread.

Last edited:
The Sussexes had a holiday lunch at the Hubb (I'm assuming; snacks at least):

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this afternoon visited the Hubb Community Kitchen, 244 Acklam Road, London W10.”

— Court Circular, December 20 2018

I'm glad her involvement with the Hubb community is continuing. And that Harry is also there. Not that I expected her to drop them, but that it's still official, as the Duke and Duchess, rather than just Meghan visiting friends.

Just came here to post this! But it seems others beat me to it. :lol: Glad to see Hubb events are becoming more official even though some visits are still considered private after the Sussexes married (ie. Meghan’s visit before Australian tour).

I believe Adele also visited Hubb today. Great to see others help spread the worthy cause!

Last edited:
What’s the cause with hubb? No one using the kitchen is starving. The government has spent £millions on the survivors.

It’s nice Meghan has visited the mosque, just like other royals have, but the kitchen isn’t keeping people from going hungry.

What’s the cause with hubb? No one using the kitchen is starving. The government has spent £millions on the survivors.

It’s nice Meghan has visited the mosque, just like other royals have, but the kitchen isn’t keeping people from going hungry.

Here’s what the Royal Foundation says about the Hubb Kitchen. Hope that clears up any confusion.

Why does helping homeless and hungry people bother you? Meghan has helped those ladies with a cookbook and she actually cares about them.

Reactions: ACO

The project has inspired the women of Hubb to provide support and meals for others, including the victims of domestic abuse. Based on the reporting at the time of Meghan’s last visit to Hubb, it’s not only kept them open for 7 days a week, but also inspired the women to take on causes they feel passionate about. Inspiration to others is the truest sense of leadership. Not only is she helping one group, but she’s inspiring them to help others. That’s the ripple effect we can all hope for in charitable endeavors. The kitchen is CERTAINLY helping others.

A quote for Town and Countey article by Victoria Murphy:

Today the Duchess joins them as they are preparing 200 meals in just one day to be delivered to local groups including elderly people’s homes, homeless shelters, and women’s shelters. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...community-kitchen-visit-november-2018-photos/

Last edited:
I'm glad that Meghan is staying involved and not just throwing her name at something. She has a relationship with these women and said she would see their projects through. She keeping her word.

I also love that Adele was there today. Too bad we didn't get pictures. I know she has been pretty involved with the Grenfell community as well so it is nice to see them all coming together. One of the Hubb ladies posted a nice picture of Adele at the Hubb Kitchen.

Last edited:

If you have ever lost everything in a fire, it takes a lot more to rebuild your life.

It's not a soup kitchen. Does every charity have to be about feeding homeless people? It's about building a community. The hub kitchen started when many of these families were still in transition after the fire. They worked together to feed their community and keep going. They found strength in one another.

Now the hub continues to feed a lot of needs. They prepare meals for moms in the maternity ward. Working in a hospital, I can tell you a home cooked meal delivered instead of hospital food, can mean a lot. Healthy snacks for children in the community. A place for victims of domestic support to get help.

Are of any of these causes any less worthy then feeding the homeless. :ermm:

Even more important it's building bridges in a community. Introducing women from different backgrounds and bringing them together. In these times, it's even more important.

I am glad to see Meghan continue. Would be a nice patronage.

Lol the answers I expected. The British government has spent millions of dollars on Grenfell.

But anyways, I’m sure we’ll be kept up to date on this amazing work.

Lol the answers I expected. The British government has spent millions of dollars on Grenfell.

And? I guess I am missing the issue in her supporting them and their initiatives. Isn't that the point of the royals involving themselves? I hope we are continually updated. But with all the BRF related projects across the board. That should be a consistent thing with patronages though this isn't one.

I'm so glad Meghan and Harry paid another visit to Hubb. This is an inspiring and touching project, and it's amazing to see it thrive.

So. The government spends millions on mental health. No need to support. Or on the arts. Or drugs. Or nature. It's more then about money.

...this is not the Grenfell charity. Yes the tragedy gave birth to it, but it isn't about the the fire. It's about the community and its needs. Maybe educating yourself on some of the projects might help you stop narrowly viewing it.

...this is not the Grenfell charity

I'm going to do a little cheer every time I read that Meghan has visited. And Harry. And anytime I read about these women helping their community. The more they get dismissed and belittled and worse and the m they show how above it they are, the more I cheer them on.

I'm so glad Meghan and Harry paid another visit to Hubb. This is an inspiring and touching project, and it's amazing to see it thrive.

I agree. I have a feeling it may turn into a formal social entrepreneurship lab with help from the Royal Foundation. And what a great thing that would be! Helping a diverse and very much underrepresented community :flowers: A beautiful result from such horrid tragedy. A tragedy that is still very much unresolved in the hearts and lives of those impacted and festering/symbolic of deeper, wider issues, no matter the amount spent.

I am just so thrilled to see Meghan so dug in with this amazing group of ladies and their families. When she is with them, you really see her shine and in her element.?

Last edited:
By this logic there's no need for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards or The Prince's Trust either since the government does spend a lot of money and effort in many of the causes they cover. I'm really not getting why this should be an issue.

Like Invictus Games and United for Wildlife, Together (the cookbook) is listed on the Royal Foundation's website under "projects". I do expect it to grow and expand much like the Invictus Games which actually was planned at first as a one shot event.

Sure, the government has responded to the Grenfell Towers tragedy with financial help to rebuild but its the community itself that recognized that there was a need to band together, support each other and in finding each other and feeding each other and consoling each other, they found a purpose that gave life meaning. Its snowballed into something much bigger as time passed and with the help of Meghan and the cookbook, its provided the means. Its an example for other communities to follow.

Meghan and Harry and Adele give the Hubb Kitchen the moral support and publicity boost it needs but the actual day to day work that's done that has made the Hubb Kitchen the success it is, is due solely to the people that work tirelessly to make it what it is. They've created their own miracle and deserve the recognition.

Everyone has said their piece. Let’s move on.

Okay, this thread has been reopened after a major cleanup.

Here's the deal folks.....there will be No comparing of Meghan and Kate. These two women have totally different roles and married into the BRF at different times in their spouses lives. As such, all posts that talk about what Kate did at 7 months and what Meghan is or not doing at 7 months will be DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE.

Also, if you wish to discuss Meghan's role, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ties-roles-and-responsibilities-43858-29.html

Last edited:

... yet there are still survivors of the fire who are still to be rehoused in permanent accommodation and who are still struggling financially. I volunteered at a summer camp for children with special needs this summer; and was mentoring a little boy with autism who also suffered from PTSD as a result of surviving Grenfell, though he was still living in a hotel room with his mother and father over a year after the fire took place.

IMO there needs to be more support for survivors so I'm glad that projects like the Hubb have been founded and have been developed to help other issues as well as the fire. It's great that someone of Meghan's status is getting involved with charities relating to the fire as it will spread more awareness and encourage more members of the public to support causes related to the tragic event.

Any news on where the Sussex' might be? Holidaying in the Carribbean or the uS?

Perhaps they're laying low even with Charles and Camilla up at Birkhall. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom