Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: September 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic surprise! I expected her to visit to see the progress! How fabulous that the book has sold 40,000 books and made £210,000 in the UK alone and it is expected that the £250,000 target will be surpassed by Christmas! Meghan can be very proud about the success of her first solo project.

This is fabulous! Look how pleased Meghan is to be back in the Hubb community kitchen and how she was greeted by the women who regard her as a friend! I'm so pleased this project has worked out and the book has sold well. Well done to everyone concerned.

Delighted by this visit… they all look so happy to see each other !

Nice to see this followup visit. The women and staff at the kitchen look very delighted to have her back. I cannot tell you how enormously fulfilling it is to have a group of women in YOUR community who you can cook, laugh and cry together with. I hope that she has formed life long friendships.

Fantastic surprise! I expected her to visit to see the progress! How fabulous that the book has sold 40,000 books and made £210,000 in the UK alone and it is expected that the £250,000 target will be surpassed by Christmas! Meghan can be very proud about the success of her first solo project.

They’ve far exceeded their goal so far. The 210k is in UK alone. Tens of thousands have been sold overseas already. I think we had someone who here that’s a writer who has a way to check how much it has sold on Amazon US. Would that person mind checking again?

And yes, it’s great time for another visit.

This is amazing. They did this with just the proceeds from the UK... this doesn't include the global sales. I wonder how much in total they raised. It was enough to provide all the ladies with classes and certifications. They plan on doing a whole lot more. Seems they will be building space for classes as well.

Meghan is so smart. Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Now this is right in their mind once again. I love a clever Duchess.

This is amazing. They did this with just the proceeds from the UK... this doesn't include the global sales. I wonder how much in total they raised. It was enough to provide all the ladies with classes and certifications. They plan on doing a whole lot more. Seems they will be building space for classes as well.

Meghan is so smart. Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Now this is right in their mind once again. I love a clever Duchess.

Is it a big shopping day in the UK? I doubt very much that when the engagement was planned that there was any calculation at all about shopping patterns in the US.

Is it a big shopping day in the UK? I doubt very much that when the engagement was planned that there was any calculation at all about shopping patterns in the US.

I wasn't being completely serious. Relax. ? No I don't think she planned her engagement around Black Friday. LOL... what even. Though I am sure this press has it on a few minds now. The Hubb Community Center being talked about on the major US morning news segments as I type.

Great seeing her back. She definitely feels comfortable in kitchen :flowers:

You can feel the joy if her and the women with her visit. All genuinely happy to see her again. And she them. Happy to reconnect in person and see what progress has been made since she was last there.

Happy to see they are so close to the goal in the UK alone, likely well passed if all sales in. Christmas here that will be history soon. Such a fantastic intuitive. The training, the new kitchen, the seven days a week now. I also liked reading about the new initiatives they are encouraging.

It woukd be great to see this an official patronage and see Meghan continue with it as it grows. Clearly one very close to her heart already.

While I doubt Black Friday has anything to do with it, it is the holiday shopping season. Nice time for a reminder anyways.

On a different note, this is incredibly sweet!

Emily Andrews

Verified account

@byEmilyAndrews
Following Following @byEmilyAndrews
More
Meghan brought top female chef Clare Smyth along (far right in waistcoat) to chat to the ladies after Michelin-starred Clare & her team cooked for Harry & Meghan’s evening wedding reception at Frogmore House. “Every community needs something like this” she said.

While I doubt Black Friday has anything to do with it, it is the holiday shopping season. Nice time for a reminder anyways.

On a different note, this is incredibly sweet!

Emily Andrews

Verified account

@byEmilyAndrews
Following Following @byEmilyAndrews
More
Meghan brought top female chef Clare Smyth along (far right in waistcoat) to chat to the ladies after Michelin-starred Clare & her team cooked for Harry & Meghan’s evening wedding reception at Frogmore House. “Every community needs something like this” she said.

Yes lovely touch. Not just a chef but the one from her wedding. :flowers:

And yes reminding people of the cookbook right before Christmas shopping is a good idea. Give the book another kick.

Yes lovely touch. Not just a chef but the one from her wedding. :flowers:

And yes reminding people of the cookbook right before Christmas shopping is a good idea. Give the book another kick.

Can you imagine being someone that loves to cook and gets to hang out with a Michelin chef?:ohmy: I'd die of happiness.

Apparently, Meghan visited the Hubb Community Kitchen privately ahead of their Pacific tour, and she told them she'll be back after the tour.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...nity-kitchen-how-happy-she-is-to-be-pregnant/

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Sussex Visiting The Hubb Community Kitchen-

I love everything about this project. I especially love how it really and truly is the women who told their stories and shared their recipes to expand the kitchen. Meghan helped by amplifying and connecting. It is fitting Meghan would return on Thanksgiving Eve.

Woohoo! Congrats to the women of Hubbs Community Kitchen and Meghan! They've also expanded their cause.

With UK sales of over 39,000 copies raising more than $260,000 and U.S. sales of 32,880 (and counting!) adding to the total, Meghan and the Hubb Kitchen team took less than seven weeks to beat their target of 50,000 copies—even picking up a New York Times bestseller accolade along the way.

With cookbook sales targets already beaten, the growth of the Hubb Kitchen continues into a very bright future, with new outreach projects that will also be funded by the proceeds. Many of the staff and volunteers shared updates on their projects with Meghan during her visit, including a group for women affected by domestic violence, a scheme to deliver food to women on maternity wards, and a project to produce healthy snacks for children.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...markle-cookbook-hubb-community-kitchen-visit/

Last edited:
From one of the articles I read: The women spoke to The Duchess about their new projects at the Kitchen, including a project delivering nutritious meals for women in Maternity wards, and a group offering a safe space for women affected by domestic violence.

LaRae

This is wonderful news for the Hub and Meghan. Her can do spirit show what great things can happen with hard work and energy. And this is a great answer to the tabloid hit piece of courtiers allegedly having their noses out of joint about Meghan's work style. If this is the result keeping it going Meghan.

This is wonderful news for the Hub and Meghan. Her can do spirit show what great things can happen with hard work and energy. And this is a great answer to the tabloid hit piece of courtiers allegedly having their noses out of joint about Meghan's work style. If this is the result keeping it going Meghan.

I love that through it all Meghan keeps smiling. She even thanked the reporters for coming today. No matter what its always important to lead from a positive place. It helps set the tone.

I love that one of women's children called her to say congratulations when it was announced Meghan's pregnant. That's awesome!?

Woohoo! Congrats to the women of Hubbs Community Kitchen and Meghan! They've also expanded their cause.

With UK sales of over 39,000 copies raising more than $260,000 and U.S. sales of 32,880 (and counting!) adding to the total, Meghan and the Hubb Kitchen team took less than seven weeks to beat their target of 50,000 copies—even picking up a New York Times bestseller accolade along the way.

With cookbook sales targets already beaten, the growth of the Hubb Kitchen continues into a very bright future, with new outreach projects that will also be funded by the proceeds. Many of the staff and volunteers shared updates on their projects with Meghan during her visit, including a group for women affected by domestic violence, a scheme to deliver food to women on maternity wards, and a project to produce healthy snacks for children.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...markle-cookbook-hubb-community-kitchen-visit/

Thank you Jacqui for the Harper's Bazaar article. It really did shed some light on some minor behind the scenes aspects that we never get to see. I hope the community kitchen and these women continue to do great things moving forward.

Now off to order 2 more copies of the book for Christmas gifts. BTW, if anyone has the book, you should definite make the green rice. It's so delicious that you can just eat it on its own.

I love that one of women's children called her to say congratulations when it was announced Meghan's pregnant. That's awesome!?

That was a cute quote. She said that they are claiming Baby Sussex as their grandchild. :wub: :lol:

One can clearly see that Meghan cares deeply about the Hub and its cause. It's wonderful that she's involved and I always love seeing interactions between her and the Hub volunteers/chefs on engagements!

Whilst most stores have Black Friday deals; it's not nearly as big here in the UK as it is in the US - not enough that Black Friday would impact a royal engagement.

This is lovely news. So wonderful to see how well the Duchess is doing, and of course the ladies at the Hubb centre.
Harry must be loving the fact that she is a keen cook.
The media with their nasty jibes at the duchess are becoming more and more irrelivant as time goes on.

Happy thanksgiving to all our American posters. And stay safe on those snowy roads.

I imagine Meghan will be doing some Thanksgiving cooking for family and friends tomorrow. The grounds of KP will likely be smelling very good.

I love the Together Cookbook & the larger project. It’s wonderful to see and hear about the progress that has been made since the release of the cookbook and how the women have been inspired to move onto other projects to help others.

There seems to be a deep bond between Duchess Meghan & the women. It is lovely to see. I love this quote from one of the women. “She gives us power, because we feel her love”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meghan-markle-brings-thanksgiving-spirit-to-london-community-kitchen/

I think it’s easy to forget that it’s only been 7 weeks since the book’s been released. So much has happened! :lol:

:previous: I would expect that it is just another workday in the UK though obviously it is a big shopping day in the U.S.?

https://www.amazon.com/Together-Community-Cookbook-Hubb-Kitchen/dp/1984824082

The price has dropped to $11.89 from the original $16.99 so why not pick up an extra copy!

Looks like it's selling a few hundred couples per day on Amazon, and the sales rank puts it in the top roughly 1000 since it has been released. They dropped the price and the sales shot up by a few hundred copies a day, and now it's #27 of ALL books on Amazon. I'll bet people are buying it for Christmas gifts.

Thanks for sharing the article :flowers:

It's great to hear she has been making regular visits. Not hard to believe. The connection she had with these women, she has met them more then once or twice. Nice she even touched base before the tour. Her link to the people is not simply charisma but building a relationship.

I keep hoping to hear this will be an official patronage she not simply cookbook initiative. There is so much good to be done with these programs.meghan has always had a passion for helping women and this seems such a good start.

I find the best patronages are the ones you see a real connection to. I think heads together is fantastic and needed, but it's Invictus and walking with the wounded that resonates with me for Harry.

All royals have numbers of patronages but they all seem to have at least a few core causes. Camilla osteoporosis, rescue animals and literacy. Sophie is eyes. Harry is veterans. I hope Meghan can carve out her niche here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom