Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dubai ruler sues wife Princess Haya in UK's High Court
London (CNN)Dubai's billionaire ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has opened a legal case against one of his wives, Princess Haya bint al-Hussein, CNN has learned.

Billionaire ruler of Dubai could be forced to tell High Court about mysterious escape of his daughter
The billionaire ruler of in Dubai could be forced to give evidence about his treatment of the daughter who fled his palace in a High Court battle with his estranged wife.

Well, in Monarchies it is a truly a problem, when Princes go/flee without permission abroad - with or without the mother.

This little kids might become a problem one day!

Here in Berlin/Germany we had the "Soldier King" and his son Frederick, later known as Frederick the Great, tried to flee - this was seen as Treason!

Same for the son of Peter the Great of Russia, who paid with his life for fleeing the country.

The little kids of Princess Haya might claim the throne later, especially Zayed (with the help of foreign powers or after a revolution)!

I hardly think that a man who has fathered 23 legitimate children with six wives is in need of the children of his and Haya's marriage to be inheritors of his throne! His first wife is the senior and respected spouse also with children but Haya had western qualities (i.e. education, contacts) which he felt would be of use in his business activities, besides her being beautiful, intelligent and charming. But she wasn't supposed to ACT on her western qualities! I think this is what made him furious above all. Husbands and fathers, from all walks of this society feel ownership of their wives and children. Her fears may have been foremost for her children and the controlled lives they might be forced to live if they stepped out of line in the future in Dubai, than even for herself. I certainly don't think that her brother, the King of Jordan was unaware of what was to transpire. Good for her!

I agree with @Bosana, that his issue is not that he fears losing kids/inheritents in line for ruling. The example giving before was valid for European royalty, in old years and related to Crown Princes actions or fears to escape from the country. At this years when the CP of a country was asking asylum in one of the neighboring countries the risk was that he might agree on strategic or territory alliances.
But Sheikh Muhammed has 23 kids from them he has at least 8 or 10 adult sons, so the inheritance question is fully covered.
The chances for Princess Haya 's little boy, who is the youngest from all for the
moment, is less than zero to pretend for the throne.
I think the issue for SM is more that his absolute power got hurt by Hayas move. A man who is rich enough to be obeyed to everything, and to rule his extended family and circle lives, suddenly he is reduced to zero by his wife, who takes away from him one of his most precious treasures, his young kids. Out of the sentimental bond, I believe that he will fight with no mercy to recover from this coup to his arrogance.

Last edited:
As in most custody cases I'm sure this one is about two parents that love their children and both want what's best for them and having the ability and privilege to raise them. Also, again as in most custody cases, I'm sure there's an element of spite and wanting control, but that often comes down to thinking you know what's best for your children and a fear of losing them.

Last edited:
:previous:
Maybe you are right,although Sheikh Mohammed reputation with hiss children i really think he loves Al Jalila very much never see him intract with Zayed but with Al Jalila it's clear she is her dady daughter i even think she is the favorite of all his kids (boys and girls)..i saw a video a while ago of him picking her up of school she was literarly jumping of happiness when she saw her father was coming for her that can't be faked.

Last edited:
As far as i know, Islamic law gives a woman the right to custody of her children as long as she does not remarry after divorce, and even obliges her husband to cover the expenses of his former wife and children.I still don`t believe that Princess Haya is planning to reside in Europe. Perhaps she is just taking a short break in London before moving back home with her children. I don't think King Abdullah II will oppose the return of his sister to her country at any time she wanted.
Certainly it will be a complicated divorce for both parties, especially when it comes to custody of their children. I expect that Sheikh Mohammed will not allow princess Haya to keep the children with her. He did not do so with any of his former wives.

Well, things may have gone this way at the beginning of this union, but it later changed. I believe the couple's relationship with king Abdullah II & his wife Rania was not that warm. Both payed frequent visits to each other, but rarely met in public. I don't even remember when was the last time they posed together as couples.
King Abdullah II maintained an excellent relations with the rulers of Abu Dhabi, the strongest in the UAE IMO, therefore I do't think the alliance between the two countries will be greatly affected by this separation.

I don’t think that’s true, he had a daughter with a Greek woman, the daughter remained with her mother until her late teens.. Christina was her name I believe. And Haya would be crazy to return to Dubai especially with the allegations of infidelity on her part floating around.

There are ugly rumours circulating about Princess Haya's involvement into a possible coup against King Abdullah. She is unlikely to get custody of her children.

Wow! If this is true it would explain to me why she didn’t return to Jordan, I found it strange she chose Germany then the UK instead of her homeland. Have you heard anything about her brother Ali having any involvement? I remember hearing many people weren’t pleased that Abdullah was chosen over Ali for King and the Jordanians love for Queen Alia, but I thought all that had died down.

:previous:
Maybe you are right,although Sheikh Mohammed reputation with hiss children i really think he loves Al Jalila very much never see him intract with Zayed but with Al Jalila it's clear she is her dady daughter i even think she is the favorite of all his kids (boys and girls)..i saw a video a while ago of him picking her up of school she was literarly jumping of happiness when she saw her father was coming for her that can't be faked.
I agree. It's been shown in public that he loved Al Jalila very much. He even brought her to events where just men attended. They clearly had/have a strong bond. With Zayed too, though not in public. I've seen pictures of their private life (I think it was Princess Haya who shared them before), of Zayed and SM together, hugging, etc.

So, even if SM's authority/rule/domination was hurt, I think he still wants his kids back. He will do whenever he can to bring them to Dubai again.

I don’t think that’s true, he had a daughter with a Greek woman, the daughter remained with her mother until her late teens.. Christina was her name I believe. And Haya would be crazy to return to Dubai especially with the allegations of infidelity on her part floating around.

Yes, now known as Sheikha Mahra, Christina was raised by her mother in the uk and later Greece. She returned to Dubai ten years ago and works with her dad.

https://www.pagalparrot.com/sheikha-mahra-dubai-princess/

I don't see any chance of Haya returning now that she is out. The question will be her kids and if Mo will get them back. He does seem very close to his daughter esoecually.

Other then for security I don't know if Haya woukd return permanently to Jordan. I think she us quite westernized and will see more freedom in not being under her brother's thumb. But we will see.

I am sure he loved all his wives and children at one time or another. That did not affect his coldness toward some of his wives and children, holding them virtually prisoner because . . . he can.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and unfortunately, I think he is no exception. When he is happy everyone is happy when he is not everyone walks on eggshells.

Gossip Thread 1: Now reports are intimating that Haya and her British bodyguard were lovers and that Sheikh Mohammed commanded that they both return to Dubai. Needless to say, they would both be nuts to do so if that is true.

Gossip Thread 2: Princess Haya, for whatever reason, fled to Germany with both her children.

Gossip Thread 3: Princess Haya cannot count on support from her half-brother King Abdullah, because she was involved in a 2017 Coup attempt which was denied by King Abdullah.

I think this is going to be a long messy affair and not make much sense to anyone.

I was also thinking about the daughter with the Greek lady, but I don't think we can compare the two cases.
SM had a daughter whith this Greek lady, they met on UK but I think they never got married and the lady is Christian, she did not convert. The girl was raised up with her mum in UK and Greece, at her late 20s she converted to Islam and spent some years in Dubai, actually she is supposed to be back in Europe (unless she is also held in Dubai like sheikha Latifa)
But Princess Haya was married to SM, she was acting as his official wife and were shown together everywhere, so the issue is important for him, as his wife left him and took his kids away
Mrs Zoe Grigirakos was just an occidental affair which produced a kid

Last edited:
I remember hearing many people weren’t pleased that Abdullah was chosen over Ali for King and the Jordanians love for Queen Alia, but I thought all that had died down.

Why Ali specifically when he has two older brothers and his uncle Hassan had been Crown Prince for many years (If only Sarwat had kept her hands off those drapes for a few more days [emoji23]).
Were people championing Ali over his brother and uncle because his mother, Queen Alia was both much loved, Arab and let's not forget a sayyida (I think? I've seen conflicting sources about that.)

Last edited:
@JR76, what does it mean?
(If only Sarwat had kept her hands off those drapes for a few more days [emoji23]).

@JR76, what does it mean?
(If only Sarwat had kept her hands off those drapes for a few more days [emoji23]).
There is a stupid rumour about that when King Hussein got sick and it was obvious that he wouldn't get better Crown Princess Sarwat started redecorating the Royal Palace. The rumour says that when the King found out he was furious over the disrespect and that was the reason for him changing the succession so abruptly. Because of this there's a joke that if Sarwat had only kept her hands of the drapes she would be queen now.

Thanks a lot @JR76
Indeed there is not clear why King Hussein changed the line of succession, nevertheless it was more expected that he would change in favor of prince hamzah who is Quenn Noors son, as she was by his side when he was sick. I've always wonder how she felt when he appointed prince Abdallah to be the future king.
As for the actual kings relations with his half sister princess Haya, we don't know at if they have any real bond.
If I'm not wrong, Late King Hussein left princess Muna to marry queen Alia so thinks are wrong since the beginning.

I always thought that King Hussein was waiting for his eldest son to actually grow up safe and, if he believed him a worthy successor, he would change the succession to him.

I believe Queen Noor was totally supportive of her husband. As far as we know Haya may yet have her brother's support.

Thanks a lot @JR76
Indeed there is not clear why King Hussein changed the line of succession, nevertheless it was more expected that he would change in favor of prince hamzah who is Quenn Noors son, as she was by his side when he was sick. I've always wonder how she felt when he appointed prince Abdallah to be the future king.
As for the actual kings relations with his half sister princess Haya, we don't know at if they have any real bond.
If I'm not wrong, Late King Hussein left princess Muna to marry queen Alia so thinks are wrong since the beginning.

I recall that Hussein did not agree with his brother's actions while he was abroad for many months receiving medical treatment. When he returned, he believed he could make it, removed Hassan and installed Abdullah as CP. When Abdullah became King after Hussein's death, he installed Hamzah as CP, as his father asked him to do. But of course with time, Abdullah removed Hamzah and installed his own son Hussein as CP. And of course the relationship with Noor etc soured. And, going back to Haya, her relationship with Abdullah is not cordial, either. She'd never go back to Jordan because she knows that Abdullah would not risk any rift with his allies and I am sure when she married Sheikh Mohammed it was clear for both Abdullah and Haya that she made her bed and has to lie in it, for better or worse.

The thread is not about Servath King Hussein,King Abdullah or Jordan let's stay on the toppic plz.
Mademoiselle Lilo
UAE forum moderator

So the smear campaign has begun...

"Smear campaign" is exactly what I was thinking. I cannot imagine this woman was doing anything "inappropriate" with a bodyguard. Way too risky for her and the bodyguard. I think the smears have begun from her husband's PR people and he has the money and resources to make Haya sound like a total slut. This will not end well.

Correct @MsLeonie. He started with the betrayal poem and he will use everything to prove that she is an inappropriate mother.
It sounds weird that a man nor young and rather heavy and serious, acts Ike a teen and post poems in social media for such a private matter
But I don't see why the UK high Court is involved and why she has to obey to the decision of this court. None of the parties is British citizen, is that because she will stay as a UK resident?

If she's claiming asylum including her children, her claim has to go through the UK courts. That's what seems to be going on at the moment.

If the family court is involved as reported, the subject is custody and/or divorce. I understand SM has lobbied for asylum to be denied and the return of both his wife and children to Dubai.

Correct @MsLeonie. He started with the betrayal poem and he will use everything to prove that she is an inappropriate mother.
It sounds weird that a man nor young and rather heavy and serious, acts Ike a teen and post poems in social media for such a private matter
But I don't see why the UK high Court is involved and why she has to obey to the decision of this court. None of the parties is British citizen, is that because she will stay as a UK resident?

It can only be about the children, because SM wants them to be returned to Dubai (child abduction).

Neither of them is a british citizen and as I said earlier, I have no idea if this marriage is considered legal in a british court. Besides, it seems almost funny that somebody who is married to at least 6 different women accuses one of them of having an inappropriate relationship.

"Smear campaign" is exactly what I was thinking. I cannot imagine this woman was doing anything "inappropriate" with a bodyguard. Way too risky for her and the bodyguard. I think the smears have begun from her husband's PR people and he has the money and resources to make Haya sound like a total slut. This will not end well.

Men can make mistakes. Women can make mistakes. Look at Diana and Sarah. Could we ever have imagined them to act improperly as married wife and as mother?

Note that it is not necessarily about adultery. It seems that, if true, Princess Haya loaded the bodyguard with attention and very expensive gifts. If true, that already was a questionable position because you are a Princess and he is a member of staff. Royals and people working for them becoming too close: recipe for conflicts. Especially in a Byzantine-like court where she has to safeguard her position in the snake-pit, the hierarchy, with a spotless parcours.

Last edited:
It can only be about the children, because SM wants them to be returned to Dubai (child abduction).

On the contrary - in the eyes of many countries it's Princess Haya that have abducted her children by removing them out of their home country without the permission of the other parent.

I see we are on the same page here. Either way she cannot go home.

If she has applied for asylum I think that means both Jordan and Dubai would be hazardous to the health and safety of both she and her children.

Thinking on Sheila Latifa and her sister, did their mother not leave Dubai?

Back
Top Bottom