Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I love that one too.

LaRae

One of my favorite Tiara's. Guess it will be seen only on Charles's girls/wife from now on.

LaRae

Isn't his son quite young still?

LaRae

A nice piece not sure of the value though.

LaRae

I think it needs to be redesigned.

It has an unfinished look and looks quite like costume jewelry favoured by a certain type of ladies. Quite a mismatch with the often so elegant looking Diana.

No, to be honest I don't like those huge pearsl dangling like that.

On the Block: Diana's Swan Lake Suite | The Court Jeweller

This necklace is incredible. One of the most beautiful I have seen.

"One of the most beautiful" ?

In my opinion at almost any recommended jewelry house you can find plenty of designs superior to this one. The abruptly stopping second row of diamonds ("sorry, there were no diamonds left, ma'am") and the clottering pearls make it quite a mess. The same necklace without the "unfinished" second row of diamonds and the pearls would be a su-pe-ri-or design. Sometimes "Less is More", even in diamonds...

:lol:

I never realized there were matching earrings. I think the asking sale price is highly inflated. Of course, putting the necklace up for sale on the 20th anniversary year of Diana's death is too coincidental. Another attempt to make a ton of money off Diana's name.

I really want to know how many jewels Diana received in her life time, and where did she get those huge South Sea dangling pearl earrings from?

No...doesn't appear that anyone does ...the two links indicate as much.

LaRae

Why is any of Diana's jewelry auctioned? I thought they were willed to William and Harry.

The only one I can think of that was were the swan lake suite. And that is explainable because they weren't hers. They were designed for her by Gerrards but she never paid for them before she died. The earrings in fact we're not even finished when she died. She was the original wearer but not owner. The jewelry house sold them some time later and they have been auctioned at least twice. Had she purchased them before her death, maybe waiting until whole suite was finished, yes they would have belonged to her sons.

:previous:
When were any of Diana's jewels auctioned off? I don't recall any sold except the pearl and diamond necklace she wore the last summer of her life when visiting the ballet I believe and I think it was up for auction, but didn't sell as far a I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom