Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case, death is a sad and traumatic event, even when expected. When unexpected, even more compassion should be shown. Unfortunately for this family, Princess Letizia is in role that she is in, which will just bring more attention to this sad event. There is nothing in death that should reflect upon family members, and to speculate as to the cause or reason of death, will only bring more grief to the family. The members of the media are doing quite enough of that, and I would hope that the members of this forum are compassionate enough, no matter what their personal opinion of Princess Letizia, to offer their condolences, prayers, heartfelt wishes and thoughts to another human being at the sad time.

Just because other people (the media) wish to turn this into a circus does not mean that we as royal watchers need to join in. This is in the first instance, a very sad time for a family, much like ours, who are through birth or marriage thrust into a spot light that is very bright, and which we could scarcely understand. So lets be humane enough to be compassionate, not speculate and not add to the measlstrom going on.

The media only reacts to these stories because people crave them, and I would know since I work in public relations. I know that this is a subject of interest, but maybe tempering our interest with the same thoughts that we would were this a "normal" family, might help this family through this difficult time.

And in any case, lets not report on rumours, but on fact. And hopefully for this family that might remain private, as it should.

shocking really:sad:
I don't understand why was she watched, and included in magazines she's not royalty or celebrity, because of her sister, so sad!!!!

amina1 said:
shocking really:sad:
I don't understand why was she watched, and included in magazines she's not royalty or celebrity, because of her sister, so sad!!!!

Unfortunately, some of the blame can be put on us "royal watchers."

In our desire to know EVERYTHING about a certain person, in this case, Letizia...it causes the press (the good and the bad) to dissect everything in that person (again Letizia's) life. Letizia married into the royal family...her family did not. We (again using the word loosely) don't need to know everything about Letizia, Mary's, Maxima's, etc. family. Who she dated, why the relationship didn't work, etc.

I hope that everyone honors Ericka's privacy in death as it was not honored in her life. I don't believe that the official cause of her death needs to be reported. Its no one's business but her family and I would hate for her little girl to read about the cause of her mothers death 10 to 20 years from now.

If the cause of her death is released, and reported in the media, it is likely that this little girls classmates parents will see it, discuss it in front of their children, etc, and the children can and will pick up on that. Thus making an untenable situation for this very young girl even worse. Children can be quite cruel, knowingly or not. And whether they would know it or not, repeating everything that their parents said in the hearing of Carla could only make this situation worse for the little girl. I agree, no need for this to be reported.

My condolences to the family, I'm really shocked and nobody deserves to die so young, I believe Antonio Vigo is a nice guy, just give him some time, the relationship didn't worked out and that's it but even though they are strongs rumors about suicide the reallity is that is nobody's fault (if true) and he's such a good father.

I just can imagine how is this family feeling right now and is really really a sad situation for Paloma as a mother, for Jesus as a father, for everyone and specially for the little Carla. Rest in Peace.

Last edited:
Alot of news sources are saying that Erika and Antonio were married, but some others say they weren't. Were they?

My thoughts and prayers are with the Ortiz family during this sad and tragic time. May Erika rest in peace.

Empress said:
If the cause of her death is released, and reported in the media, it is likely that this little girls classmates parents will see it, discuss it in front of their children, etc, and the children can and will pick up on that. Thus making an untenable situation for this very young girl even worse. Children can be quite cruel, knowingly or not. And whether they would know it or not, repeating everything that their parents said in the hearing of Carla could only make this situation worse for the little girl. I agree, no need for this to be reported.

Well hopefully the little girl's family will tell her how her mommy died before its released to the press whether the cause is natural or unnatural. Even if its suicide which we don't know, I know of one case where young children have been told that their parents have committed suicide and its tough but they survive.

Given the tendency for the press to report every little detail true or untrue, I sincerely hope the family doesn't think they're doing the little girl a favor by shielding her from knowing. I think whatever the cause of death, with the vociferousness of the press, she will find out anyway and this is not the type of stuff you want little girls to first find out from a newspaper or overhearing an adult's conversation.

morhange said:
Alot of news sources are saying that Erika and Antonio were married, but some others say they weren't. Were they?

From what I understand, they were married but separated (which I wasn't even aware of until today).

My condolences to the Princess and her family. I hope the press will leave them to grieve in peace. But I know that won't happen she wasn't royal and she deserves to be mourned in a private and respectful way. As for how she died it is nobody's business but her families.

This is terrible news. May she rest in peace and may Princess Letizia have a safe pregnancy after hearing this shocking news.

zarzuela said:
This is terrible news. May she rest in peace and may Princess Letizia have a safe pregnancy after hearing this shocking news.

Imagine her mother. Of the one side she has the enormeous happiness of her daughter Letizia being happilly married, Princess of Asturias, and having Leonor, ,... and on the other side this tragedy.
How can she be happy for the new baby girl, in 4 months.

DRAMATICAL, so sad.

christinacg said:
From what I understand, they were married but separated (which I wasn't even aware of until today).

Erika and Antonio Vigo were not married. They lived together for about 5 years and had this little daughter Carla.

One day after...and I cant beleve it! what a terrible new, poor Érika!

She will be Incinerated today at 14:00pm in Tres Cantos ( Madrid)

Erika Ortiz será incinerada hoy en el Tanatorio de Tres Cantos | elmundo.es

At the moment the assistance of the King has been confirmed, the Princes of Asturias, the Dukes of Palm and the Dukes of Lugo. The prayer will take place in the cemetery of La Paz.

Last edited:
This is such an unexpected news and so terrible one... I hope her family will get the respect from the media that any family deserves in this kind of situation...

Mi más sentido pésame a la familia Real Española y a la familia Ortiz-Rocasolano por estos duros momentos que están viviendo

fandesacs2003 said:
Very soon, did the forensic manage to make an autopsy ?
I wonder if the press will be allowed to be there.

According to the last news, the Family Ortiz-Rocasolano, has the report of the autopsy but they will not publicize it.

The funeral and the incineration will be private, will asist The King, the Pinces, the Infantas with hes housbans, but not the Queen, she is still coming to Madrid

Last edited:
I think the autopsy should stay confidential, even if her death was caused by a heart attack. its hard to loose someone and it would be harder for a report to be realesed and have people talking about it.
I think all what we should hope for is that she rest's in peace and hope the ocming days will have an ease on the family.

dazzling said:
I think the autopsy should stay confidential, even if her death was caused by a heart attack. its hard to loose someone and it would be harder for a report to be realesed and have people talking about it.
I think all what we should hope for is that she rest's in peace and hope the ocming days will have an ease on the family.

It is a difficult question to reply.

If they keep it private, they will never stop the press and rumours saying that her death was "suspicious"
IMO, if she died by a simple heart attack, they should say it, they will "close mounths".
If she died from another reason... difficult to say what they should reply.... the suicide's version involves also a religious problem, considerable for the Royal family.
Erika Ortiz was not a public person, but she was the sister of the future Queen on Spain, so the Spanish people need to know. It is very hard, very hard, I feel so sorry for them, out of their pain, they have to think about the public opinion. But this is Royal's destiny.

Last edited:
This is just horrible news. My condolences to Letizia's family especially Carla. :cry:

Empress said:
Just because other people (the media) wish to turn this into a circus does not mean that we as royal watchers need to join in. This is in the first instance, a very sad time for a family, much like ours, who are through birth or marriage thrust into a spot light that is very bright, and which we could scarcely understand. So lets be humane enough to be compassionate, not speculate and not add to the measlstrom going on.

The media only reacts to these stories because people crave them, and I would know since I work in public relations. I know that this is a subject of interest, but maybe tempering our interest with the same thoughts that we would were this a "normal" family, might help this family through this difficult time.

I cannot agree with you! Erika Ortiz was Princess Letizia sister so she was obvious in the public eye! When Letizia married Filipe she should know that from now on all her family will be in the public eye! It's quite normal that way! The media reacts to this storie because she is Princess letizia sister, not only because people crave them! They aren't a normal family, they are a part of the Spanish royal family!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozens of journalists and onlookers have come already up to the place, where Érika will be to cremate.

Érika's corpse isn´t still there, it remains in the place dnde they practised the autopsy, it was coming little before 14:00pm.

The Royaly family and the Family Rocasolano, will be in the chapel to receive Érika's body.
There a funeral was celebrated for el soul of Érika and after they will go to Tres Cantos (Madrid), for to cremate the body

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2007/02/08/1170927060_extras_portada_1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom