Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the heels she wore to the Swedish Church. It was very stylish.
I really love the recent style of CP Victoria because aside from the fact that she prefers simple kind of attires, she never fails to look elegant and graceful because she never fails to smile and recognize people for their efforts.

susan alicia said:
heaven on earth to be allowed to hold one, really lovely
Not if it gouges your eye out. :p No, wombats are such sweet animals, and so are koalas, but you do have to be careful. Sometimes they get scared, but Victoria is holding them well. I can't get over how endearing the photos are. I like her sunglasses.

There are also some photos of famous people with koalas: Queen Sofia of Spain,The Duke and the Duchess of York and Pope John Paul II: So cutiee:)

Attachments

• 52103233.jpg
    52103233.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 51398950.jpg
    51398950.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 51128819.jpg
    51128819.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 229
Further proof that the Swedish sisters are the most popular forreign royals in Norway, VG accually has an article on Victorias visit to Australia, usually they never cover what the forreign royals do, granted she needed to be accompanied by a cute Koala named Ash

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=270299

Den svenske kronprinsessen er på reise i Australia og fikk under et besøk i nasjonalparken Healesville Sanctury i dag hilse på de særegne koalabjørnene - pungbjørner som bare finnes i Australia.

Den spesielle bjørnen er ansett for å være modell for den klassiske teddybjørnen, og kronprinsesse Victoria smilte fra øre til øre da hun fikk klemme den lille koalabjørnen Ash.

Den svenske kronprinsessen kom «down under» før helgen. På sin reise skal hun blant annet besøke en svensk designmesse

Attachments

• vistoria.jpg
    vistoria.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 282
Danielle said:

"My muscles come from carrying Vogues around with me."

*lol* this girl has a good sense of humour.

Thank you for the pictures (+articles) pdas, Danielle, smudge, HMQueenElizabethII & Larzen. Thanks...thanks...thanks
4_1_2.gif

she never fails to look elegant and graceful because she never fails to smile and recognize people for their efforts.
Well said!

I like your comparisons with Pyjamas and Candy, Danielle and Dennis :D

Aaawwww, Victoria is cuddling with Blinky Bill and his friends. That´s so cute. I would love to do the same.

@Mixer
We will let this thread open and won´t close it like the news-threads. We have done that with other threads on special trips too. I think the USA 2003-thread is also quite long (?)

Last edited:
Mamma Mia!

Lena said:
Wow, so many praises for the musical...so I guess it´s really good. And in a way I always see a connection between ABBA and Australia.

Australia was the first country where ABBA seriously took off. They sold more albums here, relative to the population, than anywhere else in the world. Which is why "Muriel's Wedding" and to a lesser degree "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" were based around ABBA music. The producers of both films approached Bjorn and Benny for permission to use the original songs, and permission was given.

MAMMA MIA! ? ...

... Exuberant, joyous, camp and fabulous.

What more could anyone want in a musical?

Go see it, and enjoy!

Last edited:
Ferocious Wombats

This is what Danielle is referring to...

... check out those claws!

(photo from Danielle's last set.)

Wombats and koalas appear to be cute and cuddly, but can more than tear strips off you if they get agitated or upset.
Visiting dignitaries are advised to pass the wombat/koala to their least-favourite media person at the first sign of trouble!

This is a baby wombat in the photo. A full-grown wombat would not only be too heavy to lift, but would probably disembowel you if you tried.

Attachments

• Victoria Melbourne Mar05.jpg
    Victoria Melbourne Mar05.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Warren said:
[/i]

Australia was the first country where ABBA seriously took off. They sold more albums here, relative to the population, than anywhere else in the world. Which is why "Muriel's Wedding" and to a lesser degree "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" were based around ABBA music. The producers of both films approached Bjorn and Benny for permission to use the original songs, and permission was given.

MAMMA MIA! ? ...

... Exuberant, joyous, camp and fabulous.

What more could anyone want in a musical?

Go see it, and enjoy!

Wow, so much enthusiasm :D I will go...and I will take my ABBA-crazy friend and my ABBA-crazy cousin with me!! :D

Visiting dignitaries are advised to pass the wombat/koala to their least-favourite media person at the first sign of trouble!

:D Hahahaha...I haven´t read an article of Aftonbladet´s Daniel Nyhlén today. Maybe he was the "dummy" ;)

Article from HELLO:
http://www.hello-magazine.co.uk/royalty/2005/03/14/princessvictoria/

A couple of friendly locals made quite an impression on Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria on the latest stage of her visit to Australia. The 27-year-old broke into a broad smile as she hugged some of the residents at Healsville Animal Sanctuary in Melbourne.

The future queen is well-accustomed to being received by top politicians and statesmen, but who better to welcome her on a trip Down Under than a baby koala bear and a young wombat? Victoria, who is currently promoting Swedish design in Australia, certainly seemed charmed by her furry friends.

The pretty royal had previously shown her playful side by joining in a game of bowls. She appeared to be having a little trouble mastering the sport, but that didn't stop her enjoying her afternoon at Prince's Park Bowling Club.

And the princess proved just as big a hit when she was interviewed by celebrity presenter Melissa Doyle on the popular breakfast show Sunrise. "She was absolutely wonderful," said the journalist afterwards. "She was exactly the kind of person you'd want to invite out with your friends."

victoriaaus-dop3a.jpg

The royal visitor embraces a baby wombat

victoriaaus-dop1a.jpg

The 27-year-old seemed charmed by the cuddly creature

victoriaaus-dop2a.jpg

Victoria also tried her hand at bowls

Last edited:
Thanks a million to everybody for posting all these wonderful pictures and articles!
1274.gif
It's been a bit hard to keep up with all of her activities down there because of the big time difference, and without all your wonderful posts it would've been much harder. Thank you!

Great photos, everbody. Cute animals and Victoria. Always a great combo. And thanks for the video, Lena. Also about Abba. Don´t forget the movie they did. It took place in Australia!

Last edited:
I saw Victoria on Australia's A Current Affair and she was adorable. She has a good sense of humour. She even said cheers to the reporter (everyone had beer) she acted so normal and it was great to see.

Victoria won the Aussie hearts

Her trip = a success!

Australian said:
I saw Victoria on Australia's A Current Affair and she was adorable. She has a good sense of humour. She even said cheers to the reporter (everyone had beer) she acted so normal and it was great to see.

Victoria won the Aussie hearts

Her trip = a success!

That´s cool. Glad to see her getting more and more attention on Aussie TV. Thanks for telling us about this appearance.

thats great that victoria was on a current affair...terrible for me though cos i missed seeing her for the second time when she was on our tv...that'll teach me for watching neighbours instead :eek:

princess victoria has finally cracked victoria i think. today she was in the herald sun on PAGE 4!!! she is getting closer and closer to the front. there wasn't an article just a big picture with the wombat which took up half a page. the heading was cutie catches a swede heart. it was a lovely picture

its so sad that she is leaving victoria tomorrow for sydney :( ohwell fingers cross that i get a glimpse of her tonight at the fashion festival but im not holding my breath

here you go a few new photos

Attachments

• showLayoutImage2.jpg
    showLayoutImage2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 230
  • showLayoutImage1.jpg
    showLayoutImage1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 184
Crown Princess Victoria at the Ian Potter Museum in Melbourne, looking at aboriginal works of art, 15 March. Pictures from Fotomarktplatz.

The two pictures Josefine posted are from a Scania truck factory in Melbourne, which she visited also on 15 March.

Attachments

• Ian Potter Museum 15_1.jpg
    Ian Potter Museum 15_1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Ian Potter Museum 15_2.jpg
    Ian Potter Museum 15_2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 258
amd here is a few more from IBL

Attachments

• 516064p.jpg
    516064p.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 731
  • 516064a.jpg
    516064a.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 731
  • 516064f.jpg
    516064f.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 720
  • 516064m.jpg
    516064m.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 725
  • 516064o.jpg
    516064o.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 722
  • 516064r.jpg
    516064r.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 714
  • 516064g.jpg
    516064g.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 734
  • 516064h.jpg
    516064h.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 734
  • 516064t.jpg
    516064t.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 726
Hello to our appreciated posters!

Thank you for the pictures, Josefine and GrandDuchess :) :)

Nice to hear, that Victoria was for a second time on Aussie-TV. Has anyone the adress to the homepage of "a current affair"?

One week away from home and she´s missing Daniel? Or are the black glasses chosen for the design day? Can´t wait to see the pictures from the fashion show!

Last edited:
A Current Affair

Lena said:
Hello to our appreciated posters!
Nice to hear, that Victoria was for a second time on Aussie-TV. Has anyone the adress to the homepage of "A Current Affair"?

Lena

Here is the Channel 9 homepage.

http://ninemsn.com.au

Click on NEWS/CURRENT AFFAIRS on the left hand side
then click on A CURRENT AFFAIR

Nothings as yet posted that I could find; searched for 'Crown Princess Victoria' and got nothing, and the search under 'Sweden' alone brought up a
story on "Toxic Toys", which I don't think very useful for the TRF!

Something may come up at a later date.

W

Thank you for the link, Warren :)
So we have to wait...I hope they don´t put just the health issues from the show online.

Top-Notch Journalism

Lena said:
Thank you for the link, Warren :)
So we have to wait...I hope they don´t put just the health issues from the show online.

You mean those cutting-edge "news" stories on weight loss?
These shows would die a death without them, they have a different dieting story or new fad diet every night!

And all under the proud banner of "hard-hitting current affairs."
But I guess tabloid television is the same everywhere.

W

A Stitch In Time...

hrhcp said:
(I) would be very interested in learning how a surgeon adds to this contre-temps?
Many high ranking dignitaries on official visits bring with them a medical back-up team; eg for the President of the United States one of those black cars in the entourge/convoy contains a complete medical team and equipment... just in case.

We could say that Charles was quite modest in bringing just the one person, and not a whole emergency medical field crew! It also might be the case that the doctor is part of the Security Team, and is not there at Charles's whim.

new photos at IBL

Attachments

• 516133d.jpg
    516133d.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 686
  • 516133a.jpg
    516133a.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 678
  • 516133b.jpg
    516133b.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 685
  • 516133e.jpg
    516133e.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 683
  • 516133c.jpg
    516133c.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 676
  • 516128e.jpg
    516128e.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 632
  • 516128d.jpg
    516128d.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 627
  • 516128c.jpg
    516128c.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 516128b.jpg
    516128b.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 630
  • 516128a.jpg
    516128a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:
a bit larger photos

MARCH 15: Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden visits the Walter and Elize Hall Medical Research Clinic March 16, 2005 in Parkville, Melbourne, Australia.

Attachments

• 52419532.jpg
    52419532.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 52419545.jpg
    52419545.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 52419541.jpg
    52419541.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 52419534.jpg
    52419534.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 52419529.jpg
    52419529.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
and a bit larger photos

Sweden s Crown Princess Victoria attended L Oreals fashion show a the Edge in Melbourne on Tuesday , 15 March 2005. A large amount of Swedish fashion designers displayed their creations. Model Tim Ewen from Adeleide took the oppurtunity and kissed the Crown Princess hand. Foto

Attachments

• showLayoutImage2.jpg
    showLayoutImage2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 237
  • showLayoutImage1.jpg
    showLayoutImage1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 631
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures, Josefine
23_128_7.gif

I like the green dress!
The caption at IBL says "Princess Victoria attending a meet the press event". Any ideas, what a "meet the press event" is? A little press conference?

I'm not liking these clothes from today, but she looks really happy and radiant - so it makes up for it. :)

Could you add the captions (text about the pics) to the pics in your posts Josefine?

A model is thanked for his efforts by Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (R) during the Swedish Style parade as part of the L'Oreal Fashion Festival at Federation Square on March 16. Pics are from Getty.

Attachments

• fashion1.jpg
    fashion1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 288
  • fashion2.jpg
    fashion2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 203
wonder if that was set up or did the model do that on inpulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom