Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting article, i read it on google tradutor, but i didnt understand it fully because google is not that accurate.
can someone here translate it?

the baby might be born also on February 29th, that would be so diferent but poor child, can only celebrate the real birthday from 4 and 4 years

interesting article, i read it on google tradutor, but i didnt understand it fully because google is not that accurate.
can someone here translate it?
I gave it a try - but i´m no expert in english:

When a royal birth occours the marshal of the realm notify the leaders of the country about the birth, and after that there will be an announcement at the courts web page and on facebook.

The day after there is a "witness confirmation" (on the following monday if the birth occours on the weekend), the speaker of the parliment, prime-minister, marshal of the realm and the mistress of the robes (?) (a.k.a. Alice trolle-wachmeister) is the witnesses. The witness confirmation is a document with signs and seals of the names above.

The king calls for a meeting (konselj) with the goverment where he informs about: title, name, spoken name, and duchy. The meeting occours the day after the birth (if the birth occours on the weekend it´s held the following monday).

A salute will be fired (2 x 21 shots for the heir to the throne) in Stockholm, Boden, Härnösand, Karlskrona and Gothenburg.

A te-deum service will be held in the palace church the day after the birth (if on the weekend on the monday). The invited are: the family, representatives of the parliment, goverment and other from "official Sweden" and staff from the court. Invites to the te-deum was sent out on february 1 & 2 2012.

kathia_sophia said:
the baby might be born also on February 29th, that would be so diferent but poor child, can only celebrate the real birthday from 4 and 4 years

My mother was born on a leap year and is finally turning Sweet 16 this month, at the age of 64! ; )

Are the Swedish Royal Family like the Danish, where we will have to wait until the baby is christened before we know his/her name?

:previous:

Nope. We shall know the Swedish bub's name either the day after it is born, or if it is born on a Saturday, the following Monday.

Are the Swedish Royal Family like the Danish, where we will have to wait until the baby is christened before we know his/her name?
Please read the prior posts. rop81 was kind to translate the words from the royal court about the process when the new baby is born.

I gave it a try - but i´m no expert in english:

A te-deum service will be held in the palace church the day after the birth (if on the weekend on the monday). The invited are: the family, representatives of the parliment, goverment and other from "official Sweden" and staff from the court. Invites to the te-deum was sent out on february 1 & 2 2012.
thank you so much! i understood some things i didnt with the translator. about the Te Deum, it was mentioned on the official site that the invitations are usually sent 1 month earlier of the actual birth, as they were sent Feb 1 & 2, maybe the actual birth date is in March 1 or 2 or even 3 (depending how long the invitations arrive). well of course, this is just my thought!:whistling:

So glad we will know the new baby's name relatively quickly!

The finnish tabloid Iltasanomat speculates if Victoria will be able to meet president Halonen on 21st February, because she looks already ready to give birth.
- This visit has been planned for a long time, it is one of the President's farewell visits. We haven´t got more information on the schedule yet, said the head of Press Relations, Eila Nevalainen.
The swedish royal family and the President of Finland have traditionally had a very warm relationship. Nevalainen expects that this visit will be warl and friendly meeting, and it might be that president Halonen will also remember the child of the crown princess.
- It is possible that the president will take with her some souvenirs, as is customary in many cases in these meetings. But what then would be the gift, we will talk about it when it is time to give it, Nevalainen said mysteriously.
Ehtiikö Victoria tavata Halosen ennen synnytystä? – Katso mahakuva - Ilta-Sanomat

At Aftonbladet Plus:

Victoria: It's so close now
Victoria and Daniel in an exclusive interview on:
The birth date
The support from the family
The child growing up on Haga
The first Image

The countdown has begun: Soon the heir will be born in Sweden.
In an exclusive interview with Aftonbladet's Mattias Sandberg Crown Princess Victoria, 34, and Prince Daniel, 38, tell of the emotions before becoming parents, who can take the first picture, and when they think the child will be born.
Victoria: Det är så nära nu | Victoria och Daniel i en exklusiv intervju om nedkomstdatumet, stödet från familjen, barnets uppväxt på Haga och första bilden | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Iltalehti quotes Aftonbladet:
Victoria tells that the birth date of her child is either in the end of February or at the beginning of March. But one never knows, the child can be born now or come a little late. She also reveals that the grandfather, the king, will take the first photo.
Kuningas ottaa ensimmäisen kuvan Victorian vauvasta | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Last edited:
At Aftonbladet Plus:

Victoria: It's so close now
Victoria and Daniel in an exclusive interview on:
The birth date
The support from the family
The child growing up on Haga
The first Image

The countdown has begun: Soon the heir will be born in Sweden.
In an exclusive interview with Aftonbladet's Mattias Sandberg Crown Princess Victoria, 34, and Prince Daniel, 38, tell of the emotions before becoming parents, who can take the first picture, and when they think the child will be born.
Victoria: Det är så nära nu | Victoria och Daniel i en exklusiv intervju om nedkomstdatumet, stödet från familjen, barnets uppväxt på Haga och första bilden | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Victoria tells that the birth date of her child is either in the end of February or at the beginning of March. But one never knows, the child can be born now or come a little late. She also reveals that the grandfather, the king, will take the first photo.
Kuningas ottaa ensimmäisen kuvan Victorian vauvasta | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

:previous:
How nice and kind gesture for the king :)

King Carl Gustav is an accomplished photographer so we can expect a very nice photo.

On the question " vem får ta den första bilden" loosely translated to "who will be given the opportunity to take the first photo" CP Victoria responds "det blir nog pappa" again loosely translated "it will probably be dad". Not quite so definitive as it has been reported in the press. Considering that the newborn will be the heir to the heir it certainly is very poignant and symbolic with the grandfather who also happens to be a great photographer taking the first photo we will see.

On the question " vem får ta den första bilden" loosely translated to "who will be given the opportunity to take the first photo" CP Victoria responds "det blir nog pappa" again loosely translated "it will probably be dad". Not quite so definitive as it has been reported in the press. Considering that the newborn will be the heir to the heir it certainly is very poignant and symbolic with the grandfather who also happens to be a great photographer taking the first photo we will see.
I believe the first few years of the CP and her siblings photos from Solliden were taken by the King. So many of his photos have been the "official" since his own children were small.

^cant wait to see then the picture if it becomes official!
Victoria tells that the birth date of her child is either in the end of February or at the beginning of March. But one never knows, the child can be born now or come a little late.
all in this board were correct to say that the child will be probably still born on February as Victoria's looks ready to give birth. so its either the last week of February or 1st week of March, no wonder her last engagement is 21st.
its coming soon guys!!!!!:lol:

I would have been willing to put money on a bet that the baby would be born by now. CP Victoria certainly has been looking ready to give birth for quite some time. She certainly fooled me.

I would have been willing to put money on a bet that the baby would be born by now. CP Victoria certainly has been looking ready to give birth for quite some time. She certainly fooled me.

:previous: I Agree! I thought the baby was coming in December so the two of them certainly fooled me also... :p

Will there be a photo op of Victoria and baby when they leave the hospital? It's been so long since the Swedish royals welcomed a new baby that I'm not sure how this works.

Last edited:
Will there be a photo op of Victoria and baby when they leave the hospital? It's been so long since the Swedish royals welcomed a new baby that I'm not sure how this works.

It's not even known if she will give birth in the Hospital or not. Queen Silvia gave birth to Victoria in hosptial but Carl Philip and Madeleine were both born at home.

Some pregnant women carry their baby all out in front.

I think Anna is a great name. Anna Victoria maybe? How exciting, the time is close now. Do you think there might be something on the tele about it? Would be nice to see the celebrations.

We don´t know yet if there will be something on the tv. After Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine was born the Chief Press Secretary to the Royal Court called to press conference after the King had finished the counsil with the government and revealed the names and the title to the press. I´m sure it will be something like this. I also guess that the service of thanksgiving held in the palace church 1 or 2 days after the birth will be broadcasted in Sweden.

We don´t know yet if there will be something on the tv. After Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine was born the Chief Press Secretary to the Royal Court called to press conference after the King had finished the counsil with the government and revealed the names and the title to the press. I´m sure it will be something like this. I also guess that the service of thanksgiving held in the palace church 1 or 2 days after the birth will be broadcasted in Sweden.
The royal court has announced the procedure they will adhere to when the baby is born. Available both on the royal website and on this board.

grevinnan said:
The royal court has announced the procedure they will adhere to when the baby is born. Available both on the royal website and on this board.

I know :) But they did not say if it will be something on the tv. I just speculated about things they haven't announced yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom